Alan4014

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone one here live in that area and can recommend a public course there? Visiting there this weekend and planning on getting out Monday with my 6 year old. He mostly just rides along. Have played tour 18 last few trips and thinking of changing it up this time. Was going to play World Houston, as that's the first golf course I ever played, but I read on the Internet where it is closed down for development. Alan

Redstone is in Humble, but as you can imagine, it's quite pricey. Other courses in north Houston that are decent tracks:

Cypresswood (Tradition course), Woodforest, Augusta Pines (pricey), Gleannloch Pines, Oakhurst, Windrose... these are just a few that I like. Nothing real special, although I really enjoy Woodforest and Augusta Pines out of the ones that I listed. There's quite a few Houstonians, so I'm sure you will get quite a few suggestions.

Windrose is an easy but funcourse to play. Other than that never played down in that area. Make the drive to Magnolia and and High Meadow Ranch. Such a fun course and it's nice.

Thanks guys for the ideas. I don't know where I'll go yet; didn't know redstone was open to public, but see now it is. Cool. Pricy but cool.

Thanks guys for the ideas. I don't know where I'll go yet; didn't know redstone was open to public, but see now it is. Cool. Pricy but cool.

They have the tournament course (where the Shell is at) and a member's course (private).

Also, as Josh mentioned, High Meadow is a pretty sweet course. I personally haven't played it in a few years though. From what I've heard, it's only gotten better the last few years.

I played it back in May for a bachelor party and it was impeccable. Hands down one of the best kept courses I've ever played. It would be a disservice to not play it ;)

Thanks guys, high meadow looks good too, just looked it up.

Back