Classic Golf - Omaha, Nebraska

CraftyLefty

Reaction score
Handicap
Driver
It's not often that I'll make a plug for a local business but the experience I've had over the past week here in Omaha makes me want to do so.

Normally I buy my golf gear at Golf Galaxy. They have OK customer service and I like having the rewards program. Austad's Golf in Omaha is awful, I've never had a good experience at any of their stores.

Classic Golf used to be on Dodge Street (which is a very wide road with a ton of traffic) so access sucked. They've moved to a more accessible location recently so I'd been hoping to check them out. In the past week they've had an Amazon Local and a Living Social deal. Both were spend $25 to get $50. I snatched both of them up in the hopes of grabbing some new wedges.

I stopped in on Tuesday after work to check out the selection and see if they could help me out. They didn't have any left handed wedges in the shop and asked me if I wanted to custom order some. I said that I had their amazon/LS deals and didn't think I could (stipulation for in-store purchases only). In other stores (GG/Austads/Dicks) I have been sent packing or suggested to look on EBay or GlobalGolf to find the left handed equipment I wanted (this has happened to me multiple times). In most cases, the attitude is this "Oh, you're left-handed and you want something? Too bad. Go online."
Instead of sending me packing or telling me I couldn't use the coupon for that kind of purchase, Classic offered to call some other retailers that they have reciprocity with to find the sticks I wanted. Paul (the sales associate) and Tony (the owner of the store) were awesome. They found the wedges I wanted in town, went and traded their merchandise for the merchandise I wanted and allowed me to use my coupons on the purchase. They made the transactions very easy, gave me great value for my trade-in clubs and even bent the new lie angles in my new wedges for free.

I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this experience. These guys really know their stuff, they want to help you out, they'll work with you to ensure that you get exactly what you're looking for and make good on any promises they make. I wish I would have discovered this shop earlier. I would have spent more time here. They've got a convert and I'm spreading the word to my golfing buddies.

Too bad I'm leaving Omaha. Hopefully I can find a shop like this in TN.

Classic Golf is located in Omaha, Nebraska at 60th and Woolworth (MAP). Their website is www.classicgolfmidtown.com

If you're in Omaha and looking for a golf shop that actually cares that you're in there and wants to help you with your game go to Classic.

Back