Going to get fit tomorrow

MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
I finally scheduled a fitting for tomorrow, something I've wanted to do for a long time.

I finally scheduled a fitting for tomorrow, something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Sweet....Where are you having your fitting done at?

Wondered if that's where you were going. I've never been there, but heard good things. Get you measurements, then hit some other clubs then go from there.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wondered if that's where you were going. I've never been there, but heard good things. Get you measurements, then hit some other clubs then go from there.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
That's the plan. I've never hit on a launch monitor so it should be interesting at the very least.

Good for you, MO! Hope you find the set that's perfect for you!

have fun it will be interesting for sure!

Enjoy it. Take your time. No pressure. Swing honestly.

Good advice there, swing honestly. I went to get fitted for new shafts in my irons today here in NC and found myself swinging very smooth, probably 3/4 at first, to make certain I was grooving it. Once the fitter mentioned regular flex for my swing speed I told him I what I had been doing. Then I went normal and there was a big difference, of course. The combination of being in doors and having someone watching was in my head for sure. Once I got beyond that things went well and ended up leaving my irons there to have some KBS Tours put in them. Good luck and enjoy tomorrow.

Honestly I've never picked up a club the first time and hit it well, it's usually something that happens slowly over time. Maybe I'm just weird, but because of that I never really believe in the fitting process much. You can do a lot of it online yourself, at least as far as lie, grip, and shaft length goes. Shaft brand and club brand are mostly a personal preference.

I gotta say it was a little disappointing, I didn't hit any of the clubs better than I hit my current setup. I guess it will save me some money for now. I might end up replacing my hybrids with the Callaways as they did feel better. Nothing really game changing came out of it, a bad swing is a bad swing regardless of what club is in my hand.

I gotta say it was a little disappointing, I didn't hit any of the clubs better than I hit my current setup. I guess it will save me some money for now. I might end up replacing my hybrids with the Callaways as they did feel better. Nothing really game changing came out of it, a bad swing is a bad swing regardless of what club is in my hand.

Hey,

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't that great in your fitting today:/ it's a bummer when you have different expectations than what you get. I would work on your swing first and maybe consider lessons :) Hope it all works out for you.

Don't give up. Try again. I went to Dick's, got on a monitor with some cally x hot... hit off the toe over and over, slice slice slice... graphite shaft. I was convinced my swing simply sucked. I went to an actual fitting at Roger Dunns, different experience. The pro was very patient, let me warm up good, listened to me, gave input, and I simply relaxed and started swinging my normal swing. I took time to think through if I was doing anything different. Sure enough together we dialed in my fitting, placed my order, and I'm one happy camper! You may be a little uptight, the fitter could be pressing you etc. Did you try different shafts? Steel vs graphite? Stiff, Regular, etc. Different club heads? Take your time, do it again. You'll be fine, unless you are really messed up. I felt exactly like you, to the point I was convinced that I would just play my standard off the shelf cheap o's. Glad I persevered, because I'm playing much better now.

Go for it MO, one time isn't a true test, especially since you never hit on a monitor, and have never been in that environment before. RELAX, hell, it's just golf... a game... not THE OPEN! :banghead: Don't have great expectations, just go hit like you know you can.

My $.02....

Oh, and if the fitter is any good, just ask him questions during the process. Don't be afraid of feedback. If he says "yea your a mess" ok, get some lessons... but don't give up. BTW, I didn't have to pay for a fitting, that helped me with the do over.

He had me hit several different club heads with different steel shafts, I just hit my clubs better than I hit any of the stuff I tried. Go figure, I'm pretty avg., std. length, lie and stiff flex. LOL. I will be going to take some lessons again, the two yr layoff from playing probably hasn't done my swing any favors. I think the real reason I was disappointed is I was hoping there would be a set of clubs that I would hit a ton better than my current setup (TM RAC Os), oh well, now I can go back to eyeing those Wilson Staff Ci11's.

I was optimistic when I went earlier this year. I ended up at the TM performance lab. I just prefer TM and have tried callaways prior. There was no pressure to buy and I was a little nervous at first but started hitting more consistent. I knew my irons were too short. It took the pro a while to get my driver in order. I probably hit 100 balls with the driver. According to the computer I was hitting well inside. My suprise was when he said, we are done, lets go outside and hit at the range. THat is where I got to see that I had the same performance inside and outside.

I ordered my clubs and they came 3 weeks before I was going to MB for the weekend to play. I got to play with the clubs once before we went and I played horribly.

I am finally now about 10 rounds in and many range session starting to see the difference. I am much more comfortable with the new clubs. I did not see much difference when I first got them but it was a big change for me.

If you do it again, I Recommend the TM, the worst case is your get fitted and get all your measurements and adjustments done and can use them to purchase any brand if you feel better with it.

I did not get a putter or 3 wood when I went. I just changed putters last month and see a huge difference in my putting based on what they recommended.

If you do go again, put in a range session prior to going, it will help loosten you up and get your normal swing there when you start the fitting.

Good advice there, swing honestly. I went to get fitted for new shafts in my irons today here in NC and found myself swinging very smooth, probably 3/4 at first, to make certain I was grooving it. Once the fitter mentioned regular flex for my swing speed I told him I what I had been doing. Then I went normal and there was a big difference, of course. The combination of being in doors and having someone watching was in my head for sure. Once I got beyond that things went well and ended up leaving my irons there to have some KBS Tours put in them. Good luck and enjoy tomorrow.
Where did you get fit.I'm in Concord also and just wondered about a good fitting source.

Awesome! Have a blast and definitely hit every type of iron to make sure you find the one that fits you.

Where did you get fit.I'm in Concord also and just wondered about a good fitting source.

Golf Etc in Monroe. I'll PM you the details and link to their website.

A fitting that doesn't place any pressure on you to buy is always a good thing. I paid for a fitting a little while ago and would have bought from them had they been able to match the price I ended up paying for my irons. I always played S300 shafts but turns out they were wrong all along.

Did you end up with regular flex and what irons do you have?
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Oops sorry Clint, looks like you play x flex in driver.

Oops sorry Clint, looks like you play x flex in driver.

I play an x flex in my 3wood as well as whatever driver I'll end up getting. The shaft in my hybrid is S flex but feels super stout, even compared to my x flex 3wood. Weird. I hit both well so its all good.

Back