Why?? always when one part works well another falls apart

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
porbably a frustration geared more for mid and high cappers but I'm sure even you better players can (relatiavely speaking) relate to this also.

We all have parts of our game that we are better at than other parts. But then when you have a better day with the things you struggle with all of a sudden the things you do better just seem to magically go south.

Relative to my golf game only - I am usualy pretty consistant with driving and consistantly good putting. My weakness is usually with acuracy and/or striking of my irons. This season especially has been my worse struggles with such.

I find it frustratingly amazing though how when my irons start working, I may magically lose the usually consistant driving. Then I may start next hole with a great drive and good iron but then my good consistant putting disappears. etc... and etc...

This can happen hole to hole or round to round. One thing works great that day but then another goes south. Especially more disturbing is when the thing that goes south is something you usually do fairly well most any other time. Your very happy to play good with your worse part but only to be frustrated that your better more reliable part went south. and then your like... - "But why?"

IDK- I gues the old saying - "if you did it all well, all the time you'd be on TV on sunday" LOL

Golf is hard.

For me, it seems to be directly related to practice time. For awhile my putting and short game was good, but I was struggling with weak full swings. Practiced to cure that for a month and the other two sort of regressed. I just don't have enough time it seems.

If I could explain why this happens to all of us and how to fix it, I'd be a rich man.

I hear ya, man!

2 weeks ago I was the king of the wedge, but couldn't get to the green. This past weekend that was flip flopped. Weirdness.

uk i had the same prb this weekend. i hit the driver well all day sat comparatively speaking and as i watched my play i hit the irons poorly but when i got home and thought about it i didnt hit my irons near as bad as i had thought . i was just a hair fat all day . just a hair cleaner and itd of made a world of diffrence. just a thought from me but u may b closer then u realize

Being consistent through out your golf swing is what I refer to as being in the zone. It's a rare bird for me and when it does happen, you just enjoy the ride.

I always compare my game to whack a mole. Once you whack one mole, another pops up, you whack that one, and the one that you had just whacked pops up.

That's what makes it so fun.. Knowing each piece can be there, just waiting for it to all be at the same time.

Actually, if you look at the history of golf, breaking par is a very recent occurance. If the first recorded game took place in 1450s, the first under par score I believe was recorded sometime in the 1890s. If you're breaking 85, then you are better than 99.99% of all the players who have ever played the game. That's some pretty good company.

I'd say it is focus. For me when I focus on certain things, I improve on them. The problem is due to time, when I focus on one thing, that means that something else is taken for granted.

I always compare my game to whack a mole. Once you whack one mole, another pops up, you whack that one, and the one that you had just whacked pops up.

This made me laugh but it is soooooo true!!!

Being consistent through out your golf swing is what I refer to as being in the zone. It's a rare bird for me and when it does happen, you just enjoy the ride.

Enjoy Consistancy - Yes, or at least while it lasts. Consistancy is what it comes down to really and sums up my OP I guess. Had one round earlier this season where I was +2 after 8. Started off with a double then a bog then a bird followed by 5 pars in a row. Hittin beatuiful iron aproaches. All a sudden the irons dissappeared. Couldnt hit one if my life depended on it and trippled next 4 holes in a row. talk about consistancey? Or lack of. LOL

Back