PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Ok not sure if there is already a thread for this. I tried a search and couldn't find one.

I recently sold my Scotty Cameron Putter on eBay and I haven't received payment yet. So my question is how long do I go on with sending unanswered messages before I make this an issue with eBay and case resolution? I would love to avoid all of that but it looks like it's going down that path. Thanks for your input guys

Did you send out the putter?

Ok not sure if there is already a thread for this. I tried a search and couldn't find one.

I recently sold my Scotty Cameron Putter on eBay and I haven't received payment yet. So my question is how long do I go on with sending unanswered messages before I make this an issue with eBay and case resolution? I would love to avoid all of that but it looks like it's going down that path. Thanks for your input guys

I think the unpaid dispute can be opened up after like 7 days I believe...u can search on their site for the answers

10 days is the typical time I've seen seller give.

blu- It's about the ebay listing fees. They still charge you the listing fees unless you file against the purchaser for non-payment.

Looked this up:

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as early as 2 days or up until 32 days after the listing ended (or immediately if the buyer is no longer registered on eBay).

I typically give people 5 days. IMO, 2 days is a little quick because some people only log onto Ebay during the week at work.

Ok so basically I'm just jumpin the gun a little bit on wanting to make a case already. This was just the first time I've had someone buy something and not pay right away

How long has it been since the auction was over?

Ok so basically I'm just jumpin the gun a little bit on wanting to make a case already. This was just the first time I've had someone buy something and not pay right away
Patience is a virtue, my friend... Give them 5 days. If, by then, you havent heard back from them and havent gotten payment; then by all means report them to Ebay for non-payment.

How long has it been since the auction was over?

Almost 48 hours. But again I'm new to selling and this is the first time I've had someone not pay right away

10 days is the typical time I've seen seller give.

blu- It's about the ebay listing fees. They still charge you the listing fees unless you file against the purchaser for non-payment.

You should be able to list for free provided it is auction style no reserve and you don't list ridiculous amounts of items every month. And even if not, the fee is 50 cents without reserve or customization. Do people in eBay generally freak out over 50 cents? I've never ran into that.

Almost 48 hours. But again I'm new to selling and this is the first time I've had someone not pay right away

It will happen. I've had two unpaid item cases. In both situations I just open the case and ask the seller to accept the cancellation of the transaction. I don't see the point in hassling over getting them to pay, its less stressful for me to just list it again. I hust hope you weren't in a huge rush to sell or ended up with a really high bid on the item.

Did you specify immediate payment required or payment required within so many days? If not, I don't know how long they have to pay you. Ebay must have some sort of guideline for that. I normally pay for things immediately but I did once wait a couple of days to pay because the auction was ending on something I really needed and I wouldn't have the money in that account for a couple more days.

I've never had anything sell on eBay but I know if I can't pay for the item right away, I send the seller a message to let them know when I'll be able to pay and usually they are fine with it.
Common courtesy is the key here.

Back