October Trip to Pinehurst..Courses to play?

Ryan Bass

Reaction score
Handicap
A group of us are headed to Pinehust in October to play for three days. As much as I would love to play the Pinehurst Courses don't think Im shelling out the $400+. If anyone has played around there, give me an idea of the courses to play.
One package Im looking at has Whispering pines, Foxfire and Legacy, anyone played those?
Thanks!

I made a trip like that a couple of years ago, made a thread out of it: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?26045-Golf-Trip-to-the-Carolinas

We went through Tobacco Road Travel and it was a 3 day, 2 night package where we were able to play 4 rounds in 3 days. It's a great time of year to go to that area. I would recommend all of the courses that I listed in that thread, and Tobacco Road Travel was really good to work with. Mid Pines actually just got restored over the past year so that it has more of a Pinehurst #2 look to it, I want to get back there someday.

Only Whispering Pines from your list. Neither of their two courses were anything special, and not impressively manicured for the spring when we played. I wouldn't play them again.

Only Whispering Pines from your list. Neither of their two courses were anything special, and not impressively manicured for the spring when we played. I wouldn't play them again.

I would agree. Foxfire was crappy, and Whispering Pines wasn't in very good shape a month ago either. I would put Tobacco Road on the list, that's a must-play. Pine Needles was nice and Mid-Pines was a nice round as well. Too bad The Pit was closed down, it was one of my favorite layouts in the area. Hopefully Pinehurst reopens it one day without the Pinehurst cost involved, although I doubt it.

Back