TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

This thread definitely reminds of the original RBZ thread! Differing opinions on the name but its what TM does and it creates chatter.

I'm extremely excited about these irons due to the fact I absolutely adored the RBZ's. my only dislike was the look and these just look 10x better IMO. Anxious to take a few swings with these. Especially the Tour version. I think the name is much better than Rocketballz and the z at the end just seems to help keep with the RBZ line.

Their little velocity pocket is probably a good start.. Lighter shafts and clubheads increase swing speed..

And jacked lofts.

I think the jacked lofts thing is an either side of the fence debate. My guess is launch is how they're gonna gain some yards. But honestly comparing these irons to x22 is kinda a reach (on TM's part).

This thread definitely reminds of the original RBZ thread! Differing opinions on the name but its what TM does and it creates chatter.

I'm extremely excited about these irons due to the fact I absolutely adored the RBZ's. my only dislike was the look and these just look 10x better IMO. Anxious to take a few swings with these. Especially the Tour version. I think the name is much better than Rocketballz and the z at the end just seems to help keep with the RBZ line.

i'm with TourMex here. cannot wait to swing them, as they appeal to me a lot more than the RocketBallz irons did.

the name is ok, as we're all pretty much used to it by now...but RocketBladez kinda sounds like a bad roller blading moving from the 80s/early 90s...

Im not going to lie, I want to try these out, the "longer" non sweet spot is enticing to a less than perfect golfer such as myself

Like a revolving door eh? I dig it.

I think the jacked lofts thing is an either side of the fence debate. My guess is launch is how they're gonna gain some yards. But honestly comparing these irons to x22 is kinda a reach (on TM's part).

I forgot to mention longer shafts... Breaking the fitting mold on that one. How would you consider jacked lofts to be an either side of the fence thing?

Like a revolving door eh? I dig it.

I forgot to mention longer shafts... Breaking the fitting mold on that one. How would you consider jacked lofts to be an either side of the fence thing?

I'm sure you've seen the threads on this topic before. Jacked lofts isn't the only reason longer distance and neither is just shaft length.... In some people's opinions. Some believe its technology and how the clubs are constructed. From reading the threads it's usually you believe one or the other.

I've just kinda taken the approach club by club and not really worried either way.

I'm sure you've seen the threads on this topic before. Jacked lofts isn't the only reason longer distance and neither is just shaft length.... In some people's opinions. Some believe its technology and how the clubs are constructed. From reading the threads it's usually you believe one or the other.

Interesting.. I happen to believe both. Plus, why would they keep dropping the lofts if it wasn't making anything longer?

..and while it's working, when does longer stop being an incredible marketing tool? (you know what? scratch that, I know the answer)

The name reminds me of the Top Gear episode with the jet powered rollerblades. oops rollerbladez

jetpoweredrollerblade.jpg

Interesting.. I happen to believe both. Plus, why would they keep dropping the lofts if it wasn't making anything longer?

..and while it's working, when does longer stop being an incredible marketing tool? (you know what? scratch that, I know the answer)

I think you hit the nail in the head. There are still plenty of companies not dropping lofts on every club. But I reckon a lot more people want distance than they want precision. Not all of us.

i'm with TourMex here. cannot wait to swing them, as they appeal to me a lot more than the RocketBallz irons did.

the name is ok, as we're all pretty much used to it by now...but RocketBladez kinda sounds like a bad roller blading moving from the 80s/early 90s...

Lol. Yeah it's better than Rocketballz at least haha

I think you hit the nail in the head. There are still plenty of companies not dropping lofts on every club. But I reckon a lot more people want distance than they want precision. Not all of us.

And some companies are doing both depending on skill level.. Obviously not for this thread, but it's a great debate.

I had little to no interest in the RBZ iron line but I'd definitely take these out for a test drive. And they look great.

And some companies are doing both depending on skill level.. Obviously not for this thread, but it's a great debate.

I had little to no interest in the RBZ iron line but I'd definitely take these out for a test drive. And they look great.

I bet they'll perform too. Plus sell a whole lot of irons sets. Ill be looking at a set for sure. I almost bought some RBZ Max.

The slot is intriguing.

I bet they'll perform too. Plus sell a whole lot of irons sets. Ill be looking at a set for sure. I almost bought some RBZ Max.

The slot is intriguing.
I agree Tmex, they will definitely perform and TaylorMade will sell a TON of sets of these. The slot is absolutely intriguing. I like all the hype going on with these, makes for a lot of fun reading and discussions in here.

I agree Tmex, they will definitely perform and TaylorMade will sell a TON of sets of these. The slot is absolutely intriguing. I like all the hype going on with these, makes for a lot of fun reading and discussions in here.

Exactly, hate it or love it you can't deny they 'move the needle'. I'm a 3i/4i lover so those clubs with a speed slot are intriguing as heck to me naturally.

That video was pretty good. Distance is so dang intoxicating for some reason. It's hard not to get wrapped up in it.

Interesting. "If your iron doesn't have a Speed Pocket, your iron is outdated," guess the 8-PW in this set is outdated :alien:

Increased COR over the 2.0 is impressive, I thought those irons were insanely hot. What will be key is if they addressed the "flier" that would show up with the 2.0 irons. In the homepage article it mentions that in regards to the tour model, so I'm guessing the base version does not feature the "no hot spot" face.

I really like the look of these. I've played the RBZ irons since March and have enjoyed them. I'm excited to see how these compare!

I think once people hit them it will change their minds right away, they are a nice looking club. And I'm sure they will perform A+. But for me I will be keeping my R11 irons and gaming these.. I'm not a big fan of the Rocketballz or Rocketbladez name; I wish they would have kept to a more "original" name It just sounds really kiddish to me. Yellow/Green color does nothing for me ether.

Exactly, hate it or love it you can't deny they 'move the needle'. I'm a 3i/4i lover so those clubs with a speed slot are intriguing as heck to me naturally.

Same here. Getting a lot of use out of longer irons myself.

I guess I don't get the "hot face" thing from GI irons? As someone who has never really played a GI iron is where the sweet spot is much more lively than the rest of face? If so has to make me think that these could have same issue. I wonder how they will engineer this "hot spot" out of the face? Also is the speed slot area go from top line to sole? As in is the cavity behind the face completely hollow? I know there is no slot on top and bottom of the slot is filled, but I wonder if the area behind the face is hollow?

Hmm, there's why they bought Adams - for the "Velocity Slot" patents.

Ken

I guess I don't get the "hot face" thing from GI irons? As someone who has never really played a GI iron is where the sweet spot is much more lively than the rest of face? If so has to make me think that these could have same issue. I wonder how they will engineer this "hot spot" out of the face? Also is the speed slot area go from top line to sole? As in is the cavity behind the face completely hollow? I know there is no slot on top and bottom of the slot is filled, but I wonder if the area behind the face is hollow?

I'd tend to think it doesn't go too high because the tech talk says it is to make thinned shots better. So I bet it stays at the lower end of the face.

Cant wait to get my hands on these bad boys.

Also a comparison against yhe burner 2.0s.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk 2

Cant wait to get my hands on these bad boys.

Also a comparison against yhe burner 2.0s.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk 2

Me too man I love my 2.0s and I want to compare them they look nice

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

A really good looking irons. The yellow kinds pops and idea of filling the back to prevent debris build up

Back