The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here at lunch and thinking about what I've seen since beginning my teaching...

With what I have observed in the last 5 1/2 years of teaching, I am now convinced we are raising a society of entitled pansies.
52346129582884718456148.jpg

jfkasknotalbum2.jpg

Doubt kids these days even know who this guy is.
We talked about this a lot in AP history on how people are just looking for handouts from the government rather than helping their country...

I also feel like our country is getting dumbed down. At school, it's always the jocks who use their heads for ramming into each other that are held high by society as opposed to the "nerds." Some of the kids at are school are just super dumb. To the point where their lack of common sense makes you feel bad for them.

so my girlfriend lost her grandfather this spring semester after 3 years of a brutal fight with cancer, he had 5 different types of cancer, and the last time it was terminal. . .her grandfather unfortunately passed away during finals week. She had a state scholarship with the university that she lost because of the situation and it can be appealed for medical and death in family situations. We've been sittin gin and out of administration offices for the last two months fighting it, and today, the lady in charge of the scholarship office told her that they denied her appeal because they don't see how a death in her family could affect her performance or her life. . .

so my girlfriend lost her grandfather this spring semester after 3 years of a brutal fight with cancer, he had 5 different types of cancer, and the last time it was terminal. . .her grandfather unfortunately passed away during finals week. She had a state scholarship with the university that she lost because of the situation and it can be appealed for medical and death in family situations. We've been sittin gin and out of administration offices for the last two months fighting it, and today, the lady in charge of the scholarship office told her that they denied her appeal because they don't see how a death in her family could affect her performance or her life. . .
Ouch....sorry to hear. State school banter at its best? Sounds like it............

wow that sucks uriel... did you try getting counsel? sometimes a lawyer can cut thru the bs

Ouch....sorry to hear. State school banter at its best? Sounds like it............

yeah, I hate it, now we have to pay the rest by december, but this is bull**** especially when they could have told us in september so we could have saved and paid, but they conveniently lost the paper work twice, you should have seen the look on the lady's face, when my girlfriend asked her "So you would skip your grandfather's funeral for this?" and the lady didn't know what to say. Honestly all she did was apologize but no action, and tried to make us look like idiots, so what a death certificate, and letter from the funeral service home isn't enough?

wow that sucks uriel... did you try getting counsel? sometimes a lawyer can cut thru the bs

that may be the route to go now, we've been waiting for an answer since september

Sorry to hear that, Uriel.

So, I just noticed a Tweet from a site called, "Bunkers Paradise". I don't want to bash anyone else out there doing the thing, because that's just not right, but I feel like it's going to a restaurant, asking for a Mountain Dew, and being handed a warm Mountain Lightning.

Reactions: JB

Is that a joke? Like, do they even have any kind of emotion?

Is that a joke? Like, do they even have any kind of emotion?

non at all, the lady was like a robot, they said that there is no way it could have affected her performance because it wasn't her. . .idiots, do they not understand death?

non at all, the lady was like a robot, they said that there is no way it could have affected her performance because it wasn't her. . .idiots, do they not understand death?

If those were the words that came out of the ladies mouth, I would suggest speaking with someone. Paraphrasing is a different story, and I am sure there is more to it across the board, but if those words were spoken, I would definitely suggest speaking with someone.

If those were the words that came out of the ladies mouth, I would suggest speaking with someone. Paraphrasing is a different story, and I am sure there is more to it across the board, but if those words were spoken, I would definitely suggest speaking with someone.

We asked to speak to the supervisor, she was the supervisor, her exact words were-since you (Ellie) weren't the one hospitalized, the board decided that your grandfather's death shouldn't have affected your performance in your final exams.

We asked to speak to the supervisor, she was the supervisor, her exact words were-since you (Ellie) weren't the one hospitalized, the board decided that your grandfather's death shouldn't have affected your performance in your final exams.

Its a little different.
Its a gray area and one that nobody wants anybody to ever have to deal with.

Its a little different.
Its a gray area and one that nobody wants anybody to ever have to deal with.

yeah it sucks, what sucks more is that the original person we talked to said that by law, the state has to allow reinstitution of the scholarship if there is a medical emergency or a death in the family-with death certificate-the supervisor told us that was false, it sucks.

Arseholes that tailgate at 85mph, pass you then cut you off as they go by. Flip me off and then want to fight when I return the greeting.

yeah it sucks, what sucks more is that the original person we talked to said that by law, the state has to allow reinstitution of the scholarship if there is a medical emergency or a death in the family-with death certificate-the supervisor told us that was false, it sucks.

Through life there is adversity. The university felt as though it was in their interest to not approve appeal. That is horrible news for her. The light at the end of the tunnel is that there is always a way to fund an education in this country so she should be able to continue to go to school and get an education.

I don't think I would have been so kind with a response that would have made her see the point. Total BS right there. I second what JB said and I'd seek legal council and give that another try.

I don't think I would have been so kind with a response that would have made her see the point. Total BS right there. I second what JB said and I'd seek legal council and give that another try.

Speaking the truth!

Sorry Satchmo, send serious Satch next time.

Through life there is adversity. The university felt as though it was in their interest to not approve appeal. That is horrible news for her. The light at the end of the tunnel is that there is always a way to fund an education in this country so she should be able to continue to go to school and get an education.

yeah man, It sucks, and there will be other ways to fund it, the thing that sucks is that they waited so long to tell us, so we have to come up with the rest of the money in one month.

We may have to man. I've seen people beg on their knees and get it appealed when they lost it because they skipped classes and never studied, so it made me angry when we lost someone in a real medical emergency. The thing is her professors knew about the whole situation since they found out about the cancer months before when he went in for a routine procedure.

Speaking the truth!

Sorry Satchmo, send serious Satch next time.

haha, yeah Serious satch was about to blow. . .ugh!

FedEx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the global delivery service do dis-like

Turns out the rant was unwarranted...this time! Hehe

In all seriousness, no Monday delivery drives me nuts. Just because it's bit me 3-4 times before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back