Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

I am real curious now to see what the 5S does in comparision to what was going on with Jrod's 5X. Color me excited about what's in my head.

Question for the testers and maybe some shaft guru's out there. I have a Cleveland TL310 at 10.5* and I currently play the Kusala Black 83x with a flex profile of 5689. I'm looking to jump on the light-weight bandwagon but also lower my launch just a tad. I currently launch its between 11-12, and would love to see it right around 10 as I tend to lose some up into the wind. From reading the thread it sounds like the B.Asha launches lower than the Kusala black. I'm super intrigued by the 4x and 5x, but the flex profiles have me a bit baffled.

4x - 7854
5x - 7785

I'm a little worried that the lower numbers in the bottom half of the 4x may increase my spin too much, but wasnt sure. Canada, I know you are comparing the Black 61x to the B.Asha 5x, have you seen any increase in spin with the B.Asha?

Question for the testers and maybe some shaft guru's out there. I have a Cleveland TL310 at 10.5* and I currently play the Kusala Black 83x with a flex profile of 5689. I'm looking to jump on the light-weight bandwagon but also lower my launch just a tad. I currently launch its between 11-12, and would love to see it right around 10 as I tend to lose some up into the wind. From reading the thread it sounds like the B.Asha launches lower than the Kusala black. I'm super intrigued by the 4x and 5x, but the flex profiles have me a bit baffled.

4x - 7854
5x - 7785

I'm a little worried that the lower numbers in the bottom half of the 4x may increase my spin too much, but wasnt sure. Canada, I know you are comparing the Black 61x to the B.Asha 5x, have you seen any increase in spin with the B.Asha?

I don't have numbers or a direct comparison yet, but stay tuned. I'll have range results this evening, and if all goes well, launch monitor numbers tomorrow night!

Based on the flex code I would think the B.Asha would launch higher than the Kusala based on the tip stiffness, and I do feel like that was the case for me with the 5x in a Razr Fit vs the Kusala 61x in a Classic, but I'll have a firm comparison on them this evening.

I don't have numbers or a direct comparison yet, but stay tuned. I'll have range results this evening, and if all goes well, launch monitor numbers tomorrow night!

Based on the flex code I would think the B.Asha would launch higher than the Kusala based on the tip stiffness, and I do feel like that was the case for me with the 5x in a Razr Fit vs the Kusala 61x in a Classic, but I'll have a firm comparison on them this evening.

I was thinking the same thing, but Jman said he launched the B.Asha lower than the Kusala Black. I'm wondering if the stiffer butt section in these would have anything to do with that? Either way, cant wait to see your results with a direct comparison. Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing, but Jman said he launched the B.Asha lower than the Kusala Black. I'm wondering if the stiffer butt section in these would have anything to do with that? Either way, cant wait to see your results with a direct comparison. Thanks!

I do, not a ton mind you, but I do think its lower. I think it comes with the stiffer butt section being a better fit for my transition than the on on the profile of the black. I think alot of it though is me seeing what Freddie has touched on, these seem to just put the ball on a rope, its a bullet path the likes of which I don't recall experiencing before in any of the many shafts I have tried/used. The angle you launch it on, it the angle its going to travel. Again though, just what I'm seeing, others mileage may vary of course!

Thanks, I definitely want the truth. One of my faults is over analyzing things and trying to fix things that don't need fixed. I will definitely stick with trying the 4s to see how it works for me whenever I get the chance.

I played with you Bradd and I don't think you need to lower your ball flight. JMO though

After seeing numbers on the monitor I'm really interested to see the actual ball flight. Can't wait for Saturday.

I do, not a ton mind you, but I do think its lower. I think it comes with the stiffer butt section being a better fit for my transition than the on on the profile of the black. I think alot of it though is me seeing what Freddie has touched on, these seem to just put the ball on a rope, its a bullet path the likes of which I don't recall experiencing before in any of the many shafts I have tried/used. The angle you launch it on, it the angle its going to travel. Again though, just what I'm seeing, others mileage may vary of course!

Just based on how you've described your swing, I think we may have a similar swing type. I cant wait to see the others testing on this and see what differences it makes for them. Sounds like a winner for sure. I'll be scouring the web looking for one of these shafts.

30 more minutes and I will be on my way to the course. I'm thinking a nice little range session and 9 holes. I'm itching to put this shaft through its paces.

Did anyone who was lucky enough to et picked choose a regular flex shaft for testing by chance?

Man that's what rest stops are for. Bring the shag bag and let the babies rip. can't wait to see you hitting this baby on Saturday. Kind of like watching live testing.

Man that's what rest stops are for. Bring the shag bag and let the babies rip. can't wait to see you hitting this baby on Saturday. Kind of like watching live testing.
Youre going to Ohio?

Can't wait to test out these shafts! I'm going to try the 4S and 5S on Saturday.

I really hope I can hit the 4s that Chunky just picked up and try it out in his Razr Fit. I looked into pricing and it's what a premium shafts costs, I reckon.

I didn't get a chance to hit this in AC, and well the swing I brought to AC was pretty awful, anyways.

Did anyone who was lucky enough to et picked choose a regular flex shaft for testing by chance?

We will have feedback on the 4R coming up throughout this thread.

Is it correct that a quicker transition would be better off with a stiffer butt section? If so what is the tip section correspond to? swing speed? and then that leaves the question are the two middle sections more ball flight prefrence and spin? Clueless??

I really hope I can hit the 4s that Chunky just picked up and try it out in his Razr Fit. I looked into pricing and it's what a premium shafts costs, I reckon.

I didn't get a chance to hit this in AC, and well the swing I brought to AC was pretty awful, anyways.

Frank after hitting this quite a bit in Atlanta I can with done certainty this shaft (4s) is built for a smooth transition swing. No heavy loading on this model.

Well thanks to an awesome dude at Dick's, I have my B. Asha tipped, cut down, and gripped heading back to campus with me. I'll get out for the maiden voyage in the form of a range session tomorrow afternoon and should have a writeup tomorrow night. I'm so excited to start swinging this thing.

I went with the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound Whiteout grip in red. It looks fantastic with this shaft IMO, I love it.

Well thanks to an awesome dude at Dick's, I have my B. Asha tipped, cut down, and gripped heading back to campus with me. I'll get out for the maiden voyage in the form of a range session tomorrow afternoon and should have a writeup tomorrow night. I'm so excited to start swinging this thing.

I went with the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound Whiteout grip in red. It looks fantastic with this shaft IMO, I love it.

Nice dude. I dont like your choice of grip but youre a lefty so that doesnt surprise me lol. Look forward to your thoughts on the shaft. Dropped mine off today to get it ready for testing this weekend. I went with a red Lamkin on mine.

Hooray for Dam and Kmac! Glad you guys finally got yours and I bet you're pumped to unleash this artistic beast
On the golf course.

Chunky, I'm sorry if I missed it but what model did you snag?

Jrod, that was some great info bro and the numbers are staggering....I really like seeing the backspin numbers come down because that's what I need.

Right now my lauch angle is more like 16* and backspin numbers close to 4k....so I know that I am losing distance....I really want to want to hit one of these in a 4S or 5S and see what I could get out of it.

Can't wait to hear thoughts from everyone else on this shaft!

Jrod, that was some great info bro and the numbers are staggering....I really like seeing the backspin numbers come down because that's what I need.

Right now my lauch angle is more like 16* and backspin numbers close to 4k....so I know that I am losing distance....I really want to want to hit one of these in a 4S or 5S and see what I could get out of it.

Can't wait to hear thoughts from everyone else on this shaft!

Thanks man. I'm gonna try to get the launch up via swing and see if I can't get some to carry a bit further, otherwise I will be making a clubhead change.

Jrod thats an awesome writeup. If that launch angle gets up a bit you are going to be hitting some absolutely massive bombs

Quick question. Has anybody that has hit the 4S and the 5S notice any difference in the ballflight between the two?

Back