Weird Round yesterday

bigdaddy

Reaction score
Handicap
Played a weird round yesterday at TPC River Highlands. I shot 76 with 13 gir. I had a double bogey on 2 and bogeys on 5 and 8. I had a great birdie on 9 (almost holed out from 98 yds out). I then bogey 10, double 14, eagle 15, double 16.

I hurt my knee climbing the hill from the 13th green to 14th tee and hit my tee ball OB on 14 tee. Just didn't feel right. It felt better on 15 from walking it off and I drove the green and made a 20 ft eagle putt. Then went for a sucker pin on 16 and paid the price by short siding it in the collection area left of the green...

Overall, it was strange to have so many double bogeys and bogeys and still shoot 76. My putting was mediocre at best (35 putts for 18 holes) I had a one putt on only 2 holes and 1- 3 putt. I was missing 8-12 ft birdie putts all day long. Almost all the 2 putts were tap ins.

Just felt like if I had an iron in my hand, I was knocking it stiff on most holes.

Now the weird part. Has anyone every played a round and been so focused that you are not paying any attention to your playing partners shots? I missed a few and felt awful that I missed a few shots where guys hit their drives and I had no clue where it went. Just really felt like a heel.

Sometimes in tournaments it happens to me. I'm so focused and into my shot (or my upcoming shot), I completely forget about my partner. It happens.

It was the first time where I felt "in the zone" so much that I was focusing on my game and not on my partners. Just was weird. On top of that, it was the first round where it felt like every iron from 150 in had a chance...I was around the pin all day. It was weird on 14 when I had the double bogey what I actually had a chip...

Back