NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the stick for just over a month now. Still going strong for me.
I might have to give it a shot. I went through three of the RS's in the last year and have snapped them all in half at the same point. I have always been an Easton man and the S19's were great sticks but shelling out that much money for an RS every few months is kind of crazy. Im trying out the new Warrior Covert and not liking it too much. I will probably look for a new stick when the new season starts in April.

I might have to give it a shot. I went through three of the RS's in the last year and have snapped them all in half at the same point. I have always been an Easton man and the S19's were great sticks but shelling out that much money for an RS every few months is kind of crazy. Im trying out the new Warrior Covert and not liking it too much. I will probably look for a new stick when the new season starts in April.

I was an Easton guy until the S17. Before that though, I was all about the original Stealth line and the CNT's. I went to Warrior Dolomites for a while, then went back to two-piece sticks.

The RBZ is a fused stick, but doesn't play like one. The kick point feels much lower, more like a true one-piece taper.

The only recommendation I would make if you do get one is making sure you have the blade taped up quite often. It still has some of the old CCM toe chipping that CCM has struggled with in the past with their blades. As long as you take care of it though, it's not an issue.

Interesting start to the season for the Sharks - Marleau will cool off, if he hasn't started already. I do suspect them to make the playoffs and go two rounds deep as usual.

Getting close to the playoffs, hence the struggles... Sorry RR....

No suspension for Dubinsky. Glad to see that. Scuderi needed to be smarter about his positioning and instead put himself in a ridiculously vulnerable position.

I wish hockey players played hockey like there wasn't a rulebook to defend the results of bad decisions they make with the puck. Glad it's there, but guys flat out take advantage.

Hahaha I was just summoning you to the NHL thread.

Always lurking. Last nights game was a joke both from the way the Sharks played and the reffing. A match penalty was given to a Sharks player for a PERFECT shoulder to shoulder body check and that pretty much screwed them for the rest of the game. Yes, you should be able to overcome adversity but that sucks. At least they now finally have 3 days off for the first time this season. I'll be at their next game this Saturday against Phoenix.

Always lurking. Last nights game was a joke both from the way the Sharks played and the reffing. A match penalty was given to a Sharks player for a PERFECT shoulder to shoulder body check and that pretty much screwed them for the rest of the game. Yes, you should be able to overcome adversity but that sucks. At least they now finally have 3 days off for the first time this season. I'll be at their next game this Saturday against Phoenix.

The officiating is at an all time worst in the league. The Devils vs Bruins game last week was the worst game I have seen in a while. The Bruins player (cant remember who) was literally thrown on top of Marty and was given an interference call. Later in the game Elias takes a stick to the face, is bleeding, no call. They score as he is trying to get off the ice. At least its consistently bad for both teams.

Though I don't think he deserved a match, it wasn't exactly clean under the new rules. It was shoulder to shoulder, but it was a blind side hit.

Is it something I agree with, right now, no. I think the rule is too vague.

I personally think it should have went like this.

Keith: 2 min for instigating, 5 for fighting and a 10 min. misconduct.
The Sharks player: 5 for fighting and 2 min for roughing from the original hit.

It's interesting to look at the consistency of the East, only 9 points between 1/2 vs the West where it's 12 points!

I was an Easton guy until the S17. Before that though, I was all about the original Stealth line and the CNT's. I went to Warrior Dolomites for a while, then went back to two-piece sticks.

The RBZ is a fused stick, but doesn't play like one. The kick point feels much lower, more like a true one-piece taper.

The only recommendation I would make if you do get one is making sure you have the blade taped up quite often. It still has some of the old CCM toe chipping that CCM has struggled with in the past with their blades. As long as you take care of it though, it's not an issue.
The S17 was a POS, I think I was using a synergy around that time. My biggest problem with venturing away from Easton is going away from the Iginla curve, I love that thing and havent been happy with any of the other companies offerings.

The S17 was a POS, I think I was using a synergy around that time. My biggest problem with venturing away from Easton is going away from the Iginla curve, I love that thing and havent been happy with any of the other companies offerings.

It's not a popular pattern across brands for sure. The Tavares would be the closest I think.

No suspension for Dubinsky. Glad to see that. Scuderi needed to be smarter about his positioning and instead put himself in a ridiculously vulnerable position.
Im not saying Scuderi didnt put himself into a bad spot but if they were following the leagues protocol, this was a picture perfect play that leads to a suspension.

I don't like that hit at all.

Im not saying Scuderi didnt put himself into a bad spot but if they were following the leagues protocol, this was a picture perfect play that leads to a suspension.

I guess I'd argue, what other kind of position should Scuderi have put himself in, he was digging for the puck to clear around!

Not surpension worthy. Though defiantly 5 min. major worthy though.

As a Ducks fan I would have been pissed if Dubinsky got suspended and Stoll did not for his hit on Fowler. At least they called a penalty on this one. Thanks to Dubinsky for exacting some revenge for my team.

Scuderi was continuously turning his back away from Dubinsky as he got closer to the puck (stupid) and then went as far as to duck his head (stupid). Rather than do that he could have easily done one of two things:

1 - Initiated contact with Dubinsky five feet from the boards and accept the 50/50 chance on the puck. This was done not five minutes later by Foligno of the Jackets when he had someone coming at him in the SAME exact way. It avoided bad contact.
2 - turned his back towards the boards and poked the puck forward with his free hand. That would allow the play to move to his defensive partner while sustaining a clean check from Dubinsky.

The fine was merited, and I suppose as was the five minute major, but Scuderi being a bonehead is easily 50% of the fault there.

I guess I'd argue, what other kind of position should Scuderi have put himself in, he was digging for the puck to clear around!

See above.

Scuderi was continuously turning his back away from Dubinsky as he got closer to the puck (stupid) and then went as far as to duck his head (stupid). Rather than do that he could have easily done one of two things:

1 - Initiated contact with Dubinsky five feet from the boards and accept the 50/50 chance on the puck. This was done not five minutes later by Foligno of the Jackets when he had someone coming at him in the SAME exact way. It avoided bad contact.
2 - turned his back towards the boards and poked the puck forward with his free hand. That would allow the play to move to his defensive partner while sustaining a clean check from Dubinsky.

The fine was merited, and I suppose as was the five minute major, but Scuderi being a bonehead is easily 50% of the fault there.

See above.
I guess I'd ask if you'd think this same way if it wasn't a Blue Jacket who hit him?

Though I don't think he deserved a match, it wasn't exactly clean under the new rules. It was shoulder to shoulder, but it was a blind side hit.

Is it something I agree with, right now, no. I think the rule is too vague.

I personally think it should have went like this.

Keith: 2 min for instigating, 5 for fighting and a 10 min. misconduct.
The Sharks player: 5 for fighting and 2 min for roughing from the original hit.

Don't forget the extra 2 mins for Keith for instigating a fight with a visor on. Other then that, I agree.

I guess I'd ask if you'd think this same way if it wasn't a Blue Jacket who hit him?

I've felt very strongly about players who hide behind the rulebook on ice. I feel even more strongly about the morons who turn at the very last second especially, but I don't think this scenario is similar to that.

I used a prime example from later in the game where a player understood that an opponent was bearing down on him and avoided a potentially dangerous situation by initiating contact well before they reached the boards. yeah, it was a Blue Jacket doing it, but it's exactly how you make that play to guarantee your face isn't going to get splattered across the dasher.

Call it a homer opinion all you want, it's something I cannot stand. It's comparable to diving in my books.

I've felt very strongly about players who hide behind the rulebook on ice. I feel even more strongly about the morons who turn at the very last second especially, but I don't think this scenario is similar to that.

I used a prime example from later in the game where a player understood that an opponent was bearing down on him and avoided a potentially dangerous situation by initiating contact well before they reached the boards. yeah, it was a Blue Jacket doing it, but it's exactly how you make that play to guarantee your face isn't going to get splattered across the dasher.

Call it a homer opinion all you want, it's something I cannot stand. It's comparable to diving in my books.

I wasn't calling it a homer opinion at all. Sorry.

Siri speaks for me!

Normally I agree, but he followed him in facing the numbers from the blue line in.

It's the defenceman's job not to put himself in a vulnerable position. It's also the hitters responsibility to notice a player in a vulnerable position and make the play accordingly.

Like I said, 5 min for hitting from behind and that's it. It wasn't boarding or anything.

I wasn't calling it a homer opinion at all. Sorry.

Dude! No need to apologize! It's a fair question.

Normally I agree, but he followed him in facing the numbers from the blue line in.

It's the defenceman's job not to put himself in a vulnerable position. It's also the hitters responsibility to notice a player in a vulnerable position and make the play accordingly.

Like I said, 5 min for hitting from behind and that's it. It wasn't boarding or anything.

Interesting you say that, because Dubinsky hit him from the side his momentum was taking him. He got out ahead of him as more defensemen would turn towards the play and unfortunately for Dubinsky, he'd fully turned his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back