How much are you paying to re-shaft your clubs?

XpeetypX

Reaction score
Handicap
It Hurts!
Just wondering what are people paying to re-shaft their clubs in your areas. I have been pricing around here in CA around my areas and $400 is the average for a full set of irons 4 thru PW, AW to get re-shafted with new grips, spined, and pured. Is that a good price? Ohh and I was quoted for KBS Tour 90's.

Just wondering what are people paying to re-shaft their clubs in your areas. I have been pricing around here in CA around my areas and $400 is the average for a full set of irons 4 thru PW, AW to get re-shafted with new grips, spined, and pured. Is that a good price? Ohh and I was quoted for KBS Tour 90's.

I'm lucky enough to have a local semi-retired guy that is teaching me how to do it all myself and only charges me material cost.

But that price you got quoted is about the going rate.

So I was going to buy used project x pulls for $100, then I was going to pay 15 for new grip and installation so for 7 clubs it was about 205+ tax I sold my old irons, and bought new ones instrad

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

uriel you beat me to it man i was gonna say for that price you can trade those irons in and get the models for not too much more then what reshafting would be and just get those shafts already in em

So I was going to buy used project x pulls for $100, then I was going to pay 15 for new grip and installation so for 7 clubs it was about 205+ tax I sold my old irons, and bought new ones instrad
What did you get?

I think $400 is about the local rate here, too.

uriel you beat me to it man i was gonna say for that price you can trade those irons in and get the models for not too much more then what reshafting would be and just get those shafts already in em

Yeah I am thinking about doing that. Maybe even move up to the Tour model or forged. Well, Christmas is coming soon hehe.

Yeah man that was the reason that I just went with new irons

Dance business I upgraded to the burner 2.0 instead I
Had the 1.0

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

It cost me 11.50 before shafts and grips. It's really not that difficult to do it yourself, especially steel shafts

$400 seems a bit pricey to me. I deal with a locally-owned golf shop here in Columbus and they charge $15 per club to change a shaft and put on a new grip.

It always seeks cheaper to just buy new ones and sell the old ones

Even cheaper to just learn to do your own club work. It's easy and fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even cheaper to just learn to do your own club work. It's easy and fun!

I really want to learn to do this and regrip clubs too....

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I really want to learn to do this and regrip clubs too....

It's quite easy Hanks! It's just a startup cost if you're going to do graphite because you MUST have a good hydraulic puller then. Other than that ferrules, epoxy, shims, heat gun; all cheap! Heck, I dont even have a vice or bench for any of my work/regripping. I regrip over the sink and reshaft in my man cave. It's an easy learning curve IMHO.

It's quite easy Hanks! It's just a startup cost if you're going to do graphite because you MUST have a good hydraulic puller then. Other than that ferrules, epoxy, shims, heat gun; all cheap! Heck, I dont even have a vice or bench for any of my work/regripping. I regrip over the sink and reshaft in my man cave. It's an easy learning curve IMHO.

This may be a good winter hobby to take up. I guess I could start with grips, etc and then go to shafts. If you have any good recommendations for supplies, equipment, etc blast me a PM

This may be a good winter hobby to take up. I guess I could start with grips, etc and then go to shafts. If you have any good recommendations for supplies, equipment, etc blast me a PM

I'll shoot you one here this afternoon for sure!

Going rate is $20-$25 a club

PM sent

Golfworks Hanks, its super easy. I bought the Roberts puller on the bay and supplies from the works. Shoot me a text if you want anymore info.

To the OP, I was paying $15 a club.

Golfworks Hanks, its super easy. I bought the Roberts puller on the bay and supplies from the works. Shoot me a text if you want anymore info.

To the OP, I was paying $15 a club.

I just got my Roberts puller last week. I hope to have my workbench and area set up within a month. I'll have all winter to play with re-shafting!! I can't wait!

To the OP, It ranges from $18-25 plus shaft and grip here in northern NJ. I hope to save a bunch by doing it myself.

How much is it? Well to but all the supplies and do it myself (shafts and grips) was cheaper than sending them in, and next time, it will be free. So freaking easy

I am glad I ran across this. I've got some irons that need reshafting and really don't feel like dropping $200 to have them reshafted and regripped.

Back