Trying to Break 80 Club

That's awesome, way to go man!

Thanks man!

Congrats, Redlyne! I'm still looking forward to my second time. The way I have been playing, it could be a while.

Thanks smalls! It will come again for you sometime, Tmex can tell you about the rollercoaster my scores go thru, haha. I'm actually going to 'pull a smallville' and write the date/score and location on my ball for a keepsake.

Thanks man!

Thanks smalls! It will come again for you sometime, Tmex can tell you about the rollercoaster my scores go thru, haha. I'm actually going to 'pull a smallville' and write the date/score and location on my ball for a keepsake.
That's two ideas of mine that people are going to use! I'm on a roll!

That's two ideas of mine that people are going to use! I'm on a roll!

Haha yeah, its a cool idea man! I especially like the idea with this ball because I played every shot in the round with it. I almost changed at one point, but I'm glad I didn't haha.

What's the other idea people are picking up?

Haha yeah, its a cool idea man! I especially like the idea with this ball because I played every shot in the round with it. I almost changed at one point, but I'm glad I didn't haha.

What's the other idea people are picking up?

Throwing in a 14th club, just in case.

Throwing in a 14th club, just in case.

Thats a great idea, do you lock your bag up with it?

31X9TdKgYrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thats a great idea, do you lock your bag up with it?

31X9TdKgYrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No but that might have come in handy for Mr. Satchmo, whose bag fell off the cart a couple days ago!

I missed a par putt to shoot 79 for the first time. :angry:

The good news is that I only had 29 putts on the day and my chipping was good.

I know...I did like three four times before I finally broke 80 for the first time, it's hard to feel good after that, but then you rememberm 80 is good too.

29 putts is nice so close man. Good luck next time out. I'm sure you will get it soon.

86, so not all that close, but that was on a course I've never played before. 45-41. 3 triples did me in. All 3 big numbers were short game related ie skulked chips. Missed 3 really short puts as well, like short enough i didn't go through my routine as they looked like tap ins but other than those, short game was really good today. Struck the ball really well on back nine. Really should have made a bird or two on back.

Sign me up to the trying to break 80 club. I shot 79 in the last month, but on a par 71 so not quite the same.

My 10 lowest scores and differentials in my current handicap revision were:

86 / 13.9
86 / 12.2
85 / 13.1
80 / 8.7
79 / 7.8
82 / 11.1
86 / 13.5
85 / 12.3
88 / 13.8
80 / 12.9

Hey looking at it that way, looks pretty darn good - but that's without seeing all those mid-high 90's scores in the other ten. :beat-up:

I'm actually kind of going the other way at the moment, but I am hopeful. I feel like if I'm having a halfway decent day of ball striking then by making good decisions and a few lucky putts to drop should have a shot.

so far, in my short (relatively speaking) golfing career, i'm happy with the progress i've made and being able to shoot in the mid 80's - my goal over the next year is to break 80. If I can keep the ball in the fairway (which i'm doing now more than ever) and hit better approach shots (which i'm struggling with from 155-165 at the moment), I feel it is eminent - so I'm putting in some time at the range and getting out there more often

YESSS!!! Did it finally. I ve been playing on and off for quite a while but never with any consistency and never really had the bug until 2 years ago. Since then golf has really got under my skin. I NEED to be better. Im constantly thinking of ways to improve my swing. Last season i ended shooting scores in the low 80's but never really threatened breaking 80.

So this year it became my goal. I started out in march shooting mid 80's and i thought with regular practice and playing at least once a week i was a sure fire 70's shooter by mid summer. My scores started going up and i became a mid 90's guy. I was still enjoying playing but my game was suffering.

Then a friend video'd me one round with a high speed camera. Wow! I could see straight away my posture was terrible (im tall so i was really stooping). I straightened my back, stood more upright and bent my knees slightly. My ball striking became so much crisper. I was compressing he ball and my scores returned to the low-mid 80's. I figured i'll see out this year and get lessons over the winter to hopefully take the next step.

Well, i had a meeting today that finished early and its a beautiful day here in toronto so i figure make the mot of the golf season thr remains and set out as a single to a nearby course. I was the only one there! It was wide open....nirvana :)

Everything worked. I dutched the driver and played 3 wood from the tee. I was striping it 230-240 down the middle. Leaving mid to short iron in to many of the par 4's. I hit about 90% gir. 2 putted nearly every hole and ended up with a four over 76!!! :) im still grinning now. It was soooo easy. I ever felt like i was going let this one get away. It was just par-par-par. The odd bogey but nohing drastic. I even missed a couple of birdy chances.

Sorry for the long winded post, but i am just so jacked to break 80. Im hoping it becomes a regulat thing because there is nothing like plying the game with such control and ease. I loved every minute of my round and i cant eait to get out gain tomorrow.

Congrats, great round!

Congrats

Thanks guys. I have to do it again now to prove it wasn't a fluke. Good luck all.

Congrats funk! Nice round.

This week I shot a 83 (par 72) on my home course. My driving isn't too good at the moment so didn't take many risks of the tee.
Missed a few birdyputts and made 3 double bogeys but overall I was pleased with my best attempt ever to break 80 :).

Man that is a nice round.....

Well done funkysi! Keep after it and know that it's time to set new goals.

Shot a 42\42 84 this afternoon in the pouring rain and with crazzzzy wind blowing. I know that breaking 80 is within reach because I easily left 4 or 5 putts out there and didn't really have any good chips/pitch shots all game.

Congrats, funky!

I finally did it today. Excellent.

That's awsome congrat's Damaikis

Way to go Charlie! Happy for you dude, and you did it in less than desirable weather too.

Back