TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

The tour model looks great with the smaller cavity, a little less "game improvement". I'd give the tour set a thorough test.

Last edited:
Sorry, it's been a long night and my connection speed is slow, are these RBZ replacements, or more of an r11 replacement. They look like RBZ's.

Looks like glorified game improvement clubs. I'm glad TaylorMade came out with a set that I won't ponder getting for a change. I'll stick with my TP MC's.

I think they are intended to be GI clubs.

Sorry, it's been a long night and my connection speed is slow, are these RBZ replacements, or more of an r11 replacement. They look like RBZ's.

More similar to RBZs has been the concensus. The lofts, lengths, and offset are almost identical to the RBZs. Not sure if a direct replacement though as the TM website shows both as current models.

I think I'll hit them first before I make any decisions. I know the lofts are VERY close to the 2.0's I used to adore (little stronger in the low irons) so I'm interested to see with my own eyes. The slot in the 3-7 should be interesting to say the least.

I don't mind rocketbladez but i hate that they called the shafts rocketfuel.

Taylormade is a marketing master, can't remember the last time I was in a thread that had 70 people in it.

I don't mind them at all and we be giving them a shot.

Such a simple idea to put the speed slot in to the irons, surprised it's not been mentioned before now. they look interesting and I would hit them but like most others will make my mind up on them once hit. Good luck getting the grass out that slot, nightmare!

Taylormade is a marketing master, can't remember the last time I was in a thread that had 70 people in it.

Two words. Morgan. Cup. :alien:

Finally worked out something that had been bugging me. "The Speed Pocket helps to significantly increase ball speed and distance on those low-face mis-hits".

I thought, "When I thin a shot, it's GONE, why would I want more?". Then it came to me that the slots only go to the 7i, and I could probably use more distance on a thinned 5i. Could still be a mixed blessing on hard fairways.

The naming still gives me the creepz, though. Takes some stonez to call GI clubs Bladez.

Gawd. Reading that last sentence makes me question my literacy.

Looks like the tour pros like it in the video.

My guess is beneath the marketing (and I haven't been able to see the video), tour pros wouldn't touch the regular RocketBladez, but some will play the RocketBladez Tours. Not sure what they are showing in the video, but the regular RocketBladez look like pure GI clubs to me. RocketBladez Tours look like cast GE clubs (or at least closer to the mythological GI/GE deliniation point).

The naming still gives me the creepz, though. Takes some stonez to call GI clubs Bladez.

Gawd. Reading that last sentence makes me question my literacy.

I agree...the z at the end of everything annoys me to no end. Maybe I've gotten too old for TM's hip marketing.

Can we actually see any tour pros using these? I don't think many if any will

It looks like O'Hair had a sleeker version in his bag and it sounds like the slot is getting some Tour love from what TM is saying. Not too many pros are playing the bigger, offset irons though.

My guess is beneath the marketing (and I haven't been able to see the video), tour pros wouldn't touch the regular RocketBladez, but some will play the RocketBladez Tours. Not sure what they are showing in the video, but the regular RocketBladez look like pure GI clubs to me. RocketBladez Tours look like cast GE clubs (or at least closer to the mythological GI/GE deliniation point).

I agree...the z at the end of everything annoys me to no end. Maybe I've gotten too old for TM's hip marketing.

Me too, Donne. I try hard not to let things like that turn me off, but it's my first reaction.

Good looking clubs. I will definitely be checking these out! I was pretty certain that Taylormade was going to unveil a new ball today. The Golfsmith near me has reduced the price of the Pentas a lot. Figured they were making room for a new Taylormade ball.

Im not a big TM iron fan but these really have my attention.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can we actually see any tour pros using these? I don't think many if any will

O'Hair is playing the Tour version I believe. It wouldn't surprise me to see others playing them too.

O'Hair is playing the Tour version I believe. It wouldn't surprise me to see others playing them too.

Wonder if Camino will swap out his RBZ B specs for these or Jason Day with his R9 TP

Sent from my HTC One X

I have a very simple physics question.

The USGA has a COR limit of 0.830 for golf clubs. This translates to a limit on how much the ball speed to club head speed ratio can be.

So, where exactly is all this new distance coming from? How close are we to that limit, or is this all just hype?

Wonder if Camino will swap out his RBZ B specs for these or Jason Day with his R9 TP

Sent from my HTC One X

Wasn't Sergio part of their ad campaign for this, or did I dream that? I could definitely see a few pros using these. I could see me with them as well.

Wasn't Sergio part of their ad campaign for this, or did I dream that? I could definitely see a few pros using these. I could see me with them as well.

He was in the original ads, but being that he plays a MB style club, it will be interesting to see which direction he goes.

Sent from my HTC One X

He was in the original ads, but being that he plays a MB style club, it will be interesting to see which direction he goes.

Sent from my HTC One X

Yeah who knows. It seems like the Tour version is similar in size (top line, sole width, etc) to the R9 TP. At least that's what it looks like from the pics.

Sent from my HTC One X

He did play R9 TP B irons prior to that as well. He spent some time with THP discussing that here.

I have a very simple physics question.

The USGA has a COR limit of 0.830 for golf clubs. This translates to a limit on how much the ball speed to club head speed ratio can be.

So, where exactly is all this new distance coming from? How close are we to that limit, or is this all just hype?

Their little velocity pocket is probably a good start.. Lighter shafts and clubheads increase swing speed..

And jacked lofts.

Their little velocity pocket is probably a good start.. Lighter shafts and clubheads increase swing speed..

And jacked lofts.

Im not going to lie, I want to try these out, the "longer" non sweet spot is enticing to a less than perfect golfer such as myself

Back