TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

It would not affect my like or dislike of the product but do find it a little bold to make the statements made on the promo video that little has been done to improve irons other than increase lofts and lengthen shafts until now. This is a very different message than what was being said about the RBZ Irons last year. I understand that marketing is marketing and today's new and improved is tomorrows outdated model but the statements made about technology advancements that made the RBZ's "Irons with Driver DNA" were made just about 1 year ago and countless numbers of peole ran out and bought them only to have the company suggest that there really was no real advanced technolgy in any irons in the last 40 years is well.. BOLD.

This may have been covered and if so, I apologize. What are the stock shafts/grips?

These things look good. I would love to get my smash on with these!

Grabbed a nice pic of the standard iron with the tour iron for the sake of comparison

IVrI.jpeg

I like the design of the badge on these babies.
The top line would take some getting use to.
I'm kind of thinking of waiting along with Playdough to see how the Tour model looks in February of next year.
Overall for me my main concern will be distance control. I guess we'll find out after the reviews hit the THP homepage.

Shaft: RocketFuel™ 85 Steel - S,R

has anyone seen that is the stock shaft offering in the regular version? LOL

rocketfuel ... SMH

wonder who is making that shaft

The Specs listed on the TM page are exactly the same as the RBZ shafts...wonder if it is the same shaft just relabeled.

I'm surprised nobody has complained about where the club number is located:alien:

It does actually bother me, but I'd get over it if the performance was there.

TM products bring out my multiple personalities:
- The cynic in me wants to ask if the lofts have been flattened another degree and whether the shafts are another 1/2 inch longer. After all, who doesn't need a 43 inch 3 iron with 17 degrees of loft? :angel:

- The technologist in me loves the slotted design. From my limited testing, I actually think it works. I've been waiting for it to come to an iron.

- The realist in me knows that TM is a marketing machine. We don't have to look further than this thread to see it. Inside of a day, there's already 12 pages about irons. Look at other great products, and you won't see 12 pages of threads after even a year. These will be on everyone's short list and I think will sell very well.

I will only hit if they are on GD's Hot List. Gold only.

I guess you could call anything a blade when put next to the RBZ line, but I think they are reaching for the "I want to hit a blade" niche anyway. The entry line didn't really catch my eye, but the tour may be worth a visit. With the new standard's in loft (I guess) most OEM's will reach the dreams of longer shots, and fall into the ego of hitting your #iron this far. As others have stated, who cares as long as I know where it is going to go every time, I agree. I still smile when I ask what loft they hit and get a club number in return.

Will be taking a turn with these when they hit in December and looking forward to a possible change in my thought process when it comes to TM.

I just got an email from The Golf Channel with the title "The Iron Has Changed Forever" and it had the TM Rocketbladez info on it. Thought it was kinda weird coming from them. Dont remember getting emails about other OEM's product announcements.

I actually really like where the iron number is located.

Speaking of loft, the more I think about it, the more I decide that it doesn't matter. The way the club is designed, they probably have to lower the lofts in order to keep them from launching the ball into orbit. If you want to see a high ball flight, watch TC hit a GI iron.

Thanks gents!

If you want to see a high ball flight, watch TC hit a GI iron.

I think NASA banned him from doing that. :act-up:

I actually really like where the iron number is located.

Speaking of loft, the more I think about it, the more I decide that it doesn't matter. The way the club is designed, they probably have to lower the lofts in order to keep them from launching the ball into orbit. If you want to see a high ball flight, watch TC hit a GI iron.

Seth - exactly.

Club makers have been finding new ways to lower the CoG on clubs over the years. Loft is good, but there is definitely a launch angle laffer curver -- a point where additional launch angle becomes counter-productive. Thus, the clubs are de-lofted to maintain launch angles. The result is more distance.

Is this the thing that'll make Sergio longer?

They don't look much like blades, I would love to see and hear more about the Tour version

The speed slot is the little thing as a part of these irons.

Would Sergio really play these? I mean everyone has said what I think, their not really blades, and I'd say Sergio plays blades only

Would Sergio really play these? I mean everyone has said what I think, their not really blades, and I'd say Sergio plays blades only

He would probably play the TP version of these that look and seem more like blades.

I'd like to see pictures of the tour version.

I'd like to see pictures of the tour version.

If you check out the home page, you will see the Tour version does not get released for quite a few months (early next year). We will have in hand pics as we get closer to release.

If you check out the home page, you will see the Tour version does not get released for quite a few months (early next year). We will have in hand pics as we get closer to release.

I see, thanks JB.

Back