I listened to a story about the world speed golf championship on NPR yesterday (yes, I an a NPR nerd). The attached video is great too. Cannot believe he shot a 65 in about 44 minutes in 2005.... Wow! Also cool that they will be showing this year's championship during the masters.

Anyone try this?

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/21/163331953/on-your-mark-ready-set-golf

meh....not impressed. He didn't do it Happy Gilmore style. THAT would have been impressive, and probably saved some time to boot. :act-up:

I keed, I keed. That guy is good!!

I listened to a story about the world speed golf championship on NPR yesterday (yes, I an a NPR nerd). The attached video is great too. Cannot believe he shot a 65 in about 44 minutes in 2005.... Wow! Also cool that they will be showing this year's championship during the masters.

Anyone try this?

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/21/163331953/on-your-mark-ready-set-golf

That right there is my buddy. I've watch this man play 18 in no time flat and shoot nothing. I couldn't beat him in a cart.

That would be fun to do once a year. That guy is freakin good dang!!!

He didn't even take out the pin. Speed golf is worse for golf than Bubba Watson is.

You think???

One of golfers' biggest complaints about the modern game is the amount of time it now takes to play a round. This could raise awareness of the ease and ability to speed up the game... and perhaps even lower scores too. Doesn't seem all that bad to me.

I thought this was going to be a thread about golf with JB.

You think???

One of golfers' biggest complaints about the modern game is the amount of time it now takes to play a round. This could raise awareness of the ease and ability to speed up the game... and perhaps even lower scores too. Doesn't seem all that bad to me.

I doubt it would lower my scores but I really want to give this a whirl now. Being a runner an a golfer, it looks kind of fun. I can see where the playing fast would lead to no time for worrying about scores or bad holes and essentially could help them in that sense. Maybe I will give this a try sooner than later.

Edit: just thinking about it, you would have to go early when no one was out on the course and that is getting tough around here with weather. Maybe next year!

Heard about this a couple years ago. Never really interested me. Like many said here, a round is a time to get away and relax. Anything less than 2.5 hours is too fast.

Heard about this a couple years ago. Never really interested me. Like many said here, a round is a time to get away and relax. Anything less than 2.5 hours is too fast.

2 rounds man.

That is a pretty impressive round, especially no bogies! I don't know if this would be for me I do prefer to play fast though.

it would be a good way to stay warm during the late in the year rounds.

65 is impressive. 44 minutes meh. I walk and take my time and if I'm not stuck behind somebody I do my course in 2 hrs. Put me in a cart or if I jogged I could break an hr easily. Interesting concept though. I think it would be fun to have a speed tourney where your team has 3 hrs (10 min per hole) to finish, and every 5 minutes over you get a stroke added to your score. Could play any format really except individual (can't penalize 1 guy if the other is slow).

Hey, who is fixing divots on the farways and greens?? Thats one part it cant be good for.

i wanna try this after watching some videos. i better start running

You think???

Naw, I was just kidding. It is phenomenal how well he can shoot playing this fast. No way I could do that, but I hate running. I'm a fast tempo player, but nothing close to this level.

I do find that I mis-hit a lot after sitting around for 5 minutes in between shots as the 4-some in front is hacking away at the hole but I can't see my self enjoying this style of golf. Looks interesting though

Resurrecting this thread...as an avid runner (goal of running 500 miles this year), would love to try this. Bet I would shoot a 120+ though. Anyone in the Kansas City are play speed golf?

Definitely not a group of four tee time.

Back