TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

Wouldn't consider myself a TM homer. I always demo as many clubs as possible when I buy new ones. For some reason, Taylor Made always seems to fit my eye and my swing. I big part of any club for me is how confident I feel at address. If I don't like the setup, I just can't feel comfortable with it.

In terms of irons, I have been looking for a new set for 2 years. However, everything I've hit (even at the THP AC Outing) just didn't do anything for me. I do like some of the Titliest Irons, but they are a little hard on the wallet and never seem to go on sale. The new AMP Cell irons look fantastic, but I haven't had a chance to hit those yet (obviously).

Really going be a tough decision.

I wasn't a believer with the 3 wood for the longest time. Until I started gaming it. It is crazy long. But to echo many posts. Accuracy wins over added distance with my irons. The look is ok. I like the top rail to be thinner. I'm sure though this will be a hot club going into 2013. My initial though is "game improving blades". Who would of thought it would come down to this. It seems similar to changing sizes of clothes to make people feel skinny.

I can't wait to see some Tour version pics. TM definitely knows how to create some buzz.

John Deere Tap'n

Mizuno-Bridgestone looking!

rbladez_tour_6_3_4_hero_wide.jpg

I don't mind the looks of them at all and I bet they look even better in person. I think they look better than the RBZ irons. I'll be interested to see how much longer they are for me.

I really like the look of these and can't wait to give them a try.

Meh, still going to get Ping i20's. Not keen on the look at all

Intri[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]gu[/FONT]ed by the technology, but not a big fan of the horizontal grooving on the back; makes it look a bit cheap. Love the simplified diagonal bands though and the muted yellow.

I actually love the looks of this, I like that its very simple looking in the cavity. Good stuff.

Price tag is a bit steep or am I crazy? $799-$899. What were the RBZ irons when they came out?

I liked the look until I saw the at address shot, boy that looks chunky; and not a fan of the Grey face on these either. I want to see the tour version, but unless they have taken some notes from Adams I'm not really interested.

Price tag is a bit steep or am I crazy? $799-$899. What were the RBZ irons when they came out?

699; its actaully a pretty normal "normal" price point these days. $100 bucks an iron.

Yep, I really like the looks of the Tour iron. Although here lately I've been thinking about irons with more forgiveness. I love my J40 CB's a ton, don't get me wrong. But on days when my swing is a little off I sure wouldn't mind a little more forgiveness.

I'm not so sure these are for me.

Are these forged?

Mizuno-Bridgestone looking!

rbladez_tour_6_3_4_hero_wide.jpg

They do look very similar to my J40 DPC's from this angle. Still think the Bridgestone's look cleaner. Will need to see them in person as I am not in love at first sight.

30.5 degree loft 7 iron. No wonder they go farther. I'm looking at a set of blades in which the 7 iron is 36 degrees.

I remember many years ago when the powers that be were all worried about the "trampoline effect" and now this technology is all over the place. Hitting these would be a pleasure.

I really like the tour version. I think TM did a good thing with the badges on these irons. They are clean and look super nice

Back