Nebgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
#GolfIsFun
So I'm really getting the bug for a Seemore putter, and started looking deeper into it. The two that have caught my eye are the PTM3 and FGP2. From what I can tell, they look pretty darn similar, aside from the face, so I was wondering what the differences are, and if anyone has put them up side by side. I know putters are all about feel, but we don't have a Seemore dealer in my town to go try them out so I may have to buy a used one a little blind if I can ever convince my wife that I need to spend more money on golf.

I'm interested to see what our seemore lovers say here as I've also rolled both of those.

Biggest difference you are going to get is in the sound. The PTM3 is going to have a higher pitch to it, a tiny bit of a "ting" to my ears, the FGP2's are going to have a lower decibel sound off of the face and to many feel like they are a slight bit "softer" because of that.

Outside of that, same balance, same GREAT design. My favorite headshape out there to this day.

Cannot go wrong either way. I truly believe that.

Biggest difference you are going to get is in the sound. The PTM3 is going to have a higher pitch to it, a tiny bit of a "ting" to my ears, the FGP2's are going to have a lower decibel sound off of the face and to many feel like they are a slight bit "softer" because of that.

Outside of that, same balance, same GREAT design. My favorite headshape out there to this day.

Cannot go wrong either way. I truly believe that.

Isn't the sole shapes a touch different between the ptm3 and fgp2?

Isn't the sole shapes a touch different between the ptm3 and fgp2?

Not on those two. It is more rounded however on the PTM1 compared to the FGP.

So I'm really getting the bug for a Seemore putter, and started looking deeper into it. The two that have caught my eye are the PTM3 and FGP2. From what I can tell, they look pretty darn similar, aside from the face, so I was wondering what the differences are, and if anyone has put them up side by side. I know putters are all about feel, but we don't have a Seemore dealer in my town to go try them out so I may have to buy a used one a little blind if I can ever convince my wife that I need to spend more money on golf.

Nebgolfer - if it is ok to jump in here. Both are great looking putters. The PTM3 is going to be a better made putter due to the fact that it has post milling characteristics - PTM (precision tour milled) - First putter that is milled that is under $200. Great value with a great feel and Made in USA.

FGP2 - cast - 303 stainless steel with remilled face. Might be a "hair" harder coming off the face. Best thing about both putter heads is the RST (riflescope technology) - Hide Red Dot and see the Two White Lines. Both will give you the consistent set-up, ball position which will lead to a consistent stroke.

Always happy to help. Contact us anytime - info@seemore.com - 615-435-8015.

Not that I can answer better than SeeMore themselves, but I'm a strong advocate of the PTM series over the FGP series. The face milling alone, while not being as deep as the FGP, in my opinion, offers improved feedback in sound, and obviously looks 100x better. Precision Tour Milled!!!!

I'd push the PTM every time. Same head features, better face design. I believe it, and I own one.

ProdImages%5CPTM3BlackStealth.jpg

We rolled a couple of these at the PGA superstore over the weekend. Just on looks along the PTM is stunning! Then you add in the fact that its a Milled Putter is ridiculously low priced. Seems like PTM is head and shoulders above. Im fully expecting a PTM1 to find a home in Lees bag soon.

We rolled a couple of these at the PGA superstore over the weekend. Just on looks along the PTM is stunning! Then you add in the fact that its a Milled Putter is ridiculously low priced. Seems like PTM is head and shoulders above. Im fully expecting a PTM1 to find a home in Lees bag soon.

I like that a lot Kevin!!! She prefers it over the PTM3?

I like that a lot Kevin!!! She prefers it over the PTM3?
I think she's leaning that way right now because of the way her Scotty looks at address.... We will see what happens....but I'm sure something from SeeMore will be in her bag soon. Before the Ohio trip

The ptm series is stunning. A success of the highest level really. The pictures don't do it justice. The best thing I can say about them, they look like $300 putters, they also feel like $300 putters. And at <$200, they're a steal. The fgp2 is all utility to me. It's not worried about aesthetics. It's worries about putting the ball in the cup. It does that very well.

Nebgolfer - if it is ok to jump in here. Both are great looking putters. The PTM3 is going to be a better made putter due to the fact that it has post milling characteristics - PTM (precision tour milled) - First putter that is milled that is under $200. Great value with a great feel and Made in USA.

FGP2 - cast - 303 stainless steel with remilled face. Might be a "hair" harder coming off the face. Best thing about both putter heads is the RST (riflescope technology) - Hide Red Dot and see the Two White Lines. Both will give you the consistent set-up, ball position which will lead to a consistent stroke.

Always happy to help. Contact us anytime - info@seemore.com - 615-435-8015.

First off, thanks for replying to this thread. So cool that a manufacturer is around to answer questions and shows the rock solid service from Seemore everyone in this board raves about.

I almost pulled the trigger on a used fgp2 off eBay this weekend but now I'm glad I held off because I think it might be worth a trip to Omaha to test both models out, or wait until I visit my dad in Dallas.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Exact two models that I tested and fell in love with.

I absolutely adore the PTM3... so much that I bought two of them for some odd reason. The look is absolutely sexy. I preferred the feel of the PTM over the FGP2 and the milling is absolutely incredible.

The FGP2 is nice, but the milling work, feel, feedback and look of the PTM is unmatched and unlike any putter I have ever rolled.

I have a PTM3 that I would be interested in getting rid of since I am sitting here with two. I will shoot you a PM and maybe we can discuss a deal.

I've got a mfgp2 and a PTM3 and absolutely love them both! The head shape is awesome!

Back