Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Ok I didn't know, looking for some Xmas gift ideas

I've seen them on ebay from reputable sellers but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they're being sold everywhere yet.

That optimum ball flight I have been looking for showed its head today. The 9.5* VRS combined with the 5x B Asha cut down to 44" is just what the doctor ordered

First round under my belt....try to get my thoughts down later.

That optimum ball flight I have been looking for showed its head today. The 9.5* VRS combined with the 5x B Asha cut down to 44" is just what the doctor ordered

First round under my belt....try to get my thoughts down later.

Really looking forward to thoughts from both of you fellas.

I'm not a tester but I do have this shaft installed in my 9.5* Nike VRS driver playing at 44". I warmed up on the range prior to the round I to a brisk cross breeze at Championsgate Golf Resort. It was moving hard to the left dead across the range. I tee'd the ball up so 1/4 of the ball was above the crown of the driver, off my left heal and let it go. I scoped a flag at 274 and each ball that was hit well seemed to land with in a yard of that measurement. I did have a few pushes and a few pulls but I was pleased with the results on the range.

Ive been looking for a mid high ball with this shaft since the first day I swung it. I've hit it in the 9.5* Razr and 9.5* Amp. Each presented me with a mid ball each time and it was a bit of work to get it any higher. The side movement has always been minimal but the launch a little low for me liking. Well today that is a thing of the past. I saw a lower flight than my Devotion6 but it was on the high end of mid and low end of high. This was with a level should address and regular pass.

like everyone else I went after a couple to see what my results would be. Well, it was a higher ball flight and greater distance. Nothing over the top shocking but it was nice to see my balance remained solid and the club responded with two high draws.

On the course I averaged 263 and 85% of my fairways. I uncorked a few that stood out to me like a red headed wood pecker in a leafless forest. The third hole is an S shaped par 5 that is split the middle into the breeze. 16 is a 310 par 4 dead down wind. I hoisted a towering draw that found the rough left of the green, golf logic measured it at 312. 18 was by far the best drive of the day. At impact I felt the shaft flex in my stomach, I mean everything came together and produced a 280 plus frozen rope. The distance was what expected and truthfully what I like. It was a standard move, nothing special, just a good solid swing.

Like others have seen, the side movement is really contained by this shaft. I hit some not so good ones today but they stayed in play. I also hit some world beaters that ended up in fairway bunkers. This is really my first official round and I still have a lot to figure out, like how to bring the ball down to mid flight level for those windy days. But if today is any indication of what I gave to look forward to this will be a great adventure.

Good stuff Tad. I'm glad you found a shaft that's really working for you and that it's the B. Asha.

I just finished my round and it was my first bad outing with the 4x. I'll definitely have more thoughts later, but I will say that even though I had a bad day swinging the driver, I thank the B. Asha for saving my butt several times.

Nice first review Tad. The lack of side movement was the first thing I noticed about this shaft during my initial testing. It gets on a line and doesn't move off it.

I'd really like to try one of these shafts out. I haven't checked but do a lot of the retailers carry them?

I'd really like to try one of these shafts out. I haven't checked but do a lot of the retailers carry them?

Not from what I have seen. They're on ebay but I haven't seen them show up on many retailers sites yet.

If you can find an R series head in RH in Atlanta then you can try mine.

If its like most of the big dollar shafts, then they most likely will special order them. Golf Galaxy didn't carry any of the other Miyazaki shafts, I was told they were around 250. I don't know if that is accurate.... But I'm expecting g the b.asha to be up there in price

Freddie great writeup. How did the distance compare to that of the Devo?

Miyazaki B Asha 5x Range Session:

Club: Nike VR Tour 9.5*
Temperature: 44*
Wind: Calm 5 MPH

I got out to the range again yesterday and after warming up with a few 7 irons I spent the rest of the session dedicated to the B Asha.

The trajectory I was seeing out of this setup was optimal for the conditions I have come to expect playing in the midwest. With the wind ever present the mid flight piercing shots play to absolute perfection. As others have stated unless I put an absolute awful swing the ball my lateral misses have become extremely small. Instead of the high rights with an extreme loss of distance I find myself losing the ball another 5-10 yards right but hardly any loss at all in distance. Again when planning a hole from the tee I find this extremely important when setting up for my approach shot into the green.

As always the shaft held up to everything I threw at it and felt great, even in the frigid temperatures. I think where this shaft really shines is the dispersion. Misses are very minimal and the ball flies perfectly every good swing you put on the ball. There is no variable to this shaft, you know what to expect every swing you put on the ball.

I had planned to have this on a simulator this morning but extenuating circumstances prevented me from doing that and for that I apologize. I will get back to the LM again this week and post some more numbers.

Sounds like this shaft is a winner for you JRod. You still looking for a different head or are you satisfied with the LA?

Sounds like this shaft is a winner for you JRod. You still looking for a different head or are you satisfied with the LA?

I'm absolutely satisfied with the LA but I am not satisfied with my ability to hit the center of the club face.

That however is my fault, not the shafts.

Even if this shaft was 15 yards shorter I would play it all day. My misses are so minimal it's almost cheating.

I'm absolutely satisfied with the LA but I am not satisfied with my ability to hit the center of the club face.

That however is my fault, not the shafts.

Even if this shaft was 15 yards shorter I would play it all day. My misses are so minimal it's almost cheating.

Gotcha, I thought you were looking for a better launch, forgot that it was the missing the club face. That is sweet and just further justifies how much more I want one.

Gotcha, I thought you were looking for a better launch, forgot that it was the missing the club face. That is sweet and just further justifies how much more I want one.

Nah the launch is perfect especially after the ball change. I will confirm this week on the LM but i know what I and about three other people saw in Ohio and I would take it anytime.

Nah the launch is perfect especially after the ball change. I will confirm this week on the LM but i know what I and about three other people saw in Ohio and I would take it anytime.

290+ at a 8/9* is money for you dude. I loved that in Ohio. You just needed to get a few more down the middle.

That is awesome, I remember you saying something about a ball change. Can't wait to see the LM numbers again. I would take the accuracy any day as well.

290+ at a 8/9* is money for you dude. I loved that in Ohio. You just needed to get a few more down the middle.

Yah that driver is money when I'm swinging well but even slightly off is bad news.

Freddie great writeup. How did the distance compare to that of the Devo?
The distance was right on par. It's an inch shorter and very say to control.

Miyazaki B. Asha shaft Review

Miyazaki B. Asha shaft Review

Date: 10/27/2012
Club Tested: Miyazaki B. Asha driver shaft
Ball Used: Bridgestone e6
Conditions: Wind

With the imminent arrival of rain and wind from hurricane Sandy I made sure to get out Saturday for a full round of golf and finally getting more time with the B. Asha. I really wanted to make sure I got to the course with time to warm up and more specifically get better acquainted with the new driver set up. So I arrived with 45 minutes to spare and went right to the range with a small bucket.

First before getting any further I wanted to touch on something I noticed this past week while giving the driver some swings inside. When you swing the driver back and start your transition down it cracks. Same sound I heard from my G20 when it got reshafted the head cracked down around the hosel. I hate that sound and every time you swing it you hear it when you start the downswing. Changing the shaft back to the stock Ping shaft confirmed its coming from the adapter on the B. Asha. Now having said that Ive pulled, pushed, twisted and hit balls with it and so far nothing has happened. But I dont like it.

Back to the range. Im hitting the 8, 4H and 3W all very well as I work up to the driver. I grab the B. Asha Anser and first swing is so high and right it barely holds the range. This was a common occurrence throughout the round. I keep working on it and by the time the starter calls me to go out early with another twosome it gets a little better. Or straighter I guess. Unfortunately they wanted me to go out earlier with the twosome in front of me so I had to cut out early and leave the rest of my bucket for the golf gods.

So out on the course things were a bit odd as far the driver goes. Ive been pretty happy with my driving considering where it was around the outing earlier in the year but during this round it was all over the place. First hole I give on the swing and it goes 196 high and right. Second hole I feel like I crushed it only to find it 224 but in the fairway. Fourth hole I put a real bad swing on it coming across the ball and it slices out into the fairway for 194. Hole 5 is another bad swing that goes real short and into the other fairway. Next driver hole was #9 and here I pull hook it 235 and narrowly miss a minivan. Somehow it lands right next to the road but kicks back right into the rough. Basically I felt like I was fighting the swing the whole front 9. Irons were a little off too but the driver was putting me in bad spots. On the back it was much of the same miss left, miss right etc. Distance was off too, 222, 259, 228 on the first 3 holes. Then on #15 I get one 261 right down the pipe. This was the best swing of the day and finally felt good. The last two holes were 244 in the FW and 248 missing just off the right side on 18.

Not really sure how to put that round into words and thoughts. Was the swing that off or is the combo just not that good? I have doubts on the driver / shaft combo after that round. It just felt off. And the Anser feels heavy with the B Asha in it which I find interesting. Guy I was playing with took some swings and noticed two things. First thing he said when I handed it to him was "Feels heavy" and the second thing he noticed was the cracking sound. So for one I need to have it looked at and see if the epoxy is coming loose and possibly make a fix/change. Swinging the Cleveland Classic 310 and the Anser with its stock shaft both feel better balanced and not as "heavy". I think the feeling might be a perceived feeling because of the shaft and Anser head not matching too well. Im not really all that sure at this point. But during this round I saw loss of distance and way too many balls going right. First things first and that is either taking the B. Asha out and putting it in the Classic or getting the adapter redone. Will the 310 head feel out of balance too though with a lighter shaft? I cant imagine it feeling worse then the Anser does so right now Im leaning towards that direction.

Back