Wedge Finishes - Your Preference

Satin is classic for me

Black Oxide like the J40's that will rust is preferred. A satin that rusts is also nice. Not a huge fan of chrome. The trusty rusty I have has a pre-rusted finish which is really nice to my eye.

Anything but chrome is preferred. It's difficult to have to look down at a wedge in a bunker and see spots after you've hit your shot.

I love the Satin look. Black is a close second but with use the finish comes off and that doesn't happen with the Satin

I am a fan of the raw/rust look lately... I like how it ages with time and on the sole it stays matte finish from turf interaction.

Black Oxide like the J40's that will rust is preferred. A satin that rusts is also nice. Not a huge fan of chrome. The trusty rusty I have has a pre-rusted finish which is really nice to my eye.
The rust face on all of them is a great touch, really reduces glare right from the start.

Always liked chrome or satin, but raw and rust is slowly gaining some appeal.

Raw, with as much rust as possible. Jman style.

I prefer them finish to be close to my irons. THis usually means chrome or satin. For some reason I don't like looking down at something different to the finish of my irons.

Whatever finish I don't currently have. Right now I want raw, but the choices I have are chrome and black.

Raw all day long. My second choice is black.
This^^^^^ black or raw that will rust for me. It down like the glare chrome offers and they just look rustic and experienced. I was a fan of copper but could never spin them the way I wanted.

This^^^^^ black or raw that will rust for me. It down like the glare chrome offers and they just look rustic and experienced. I was a fan of copper but could never spin them the way I wanted.

the copper on the callaway forged wedges last year was sharp.

Raw by preference, but oil can look is pretty sweet. Either one as long as it performs well for me

Satin and Oil can are my favs. Chrome is just to shiny .

Oil Can finish. It's already pretty interesting looking, it'll look beat to hell after a short period of time, it rusts not long after that. Doesn't cast a glare, either.

Black Pearl finish all day long! Just looks the best. Also, I don't clean my clubs much and black hides the dirt the most :D

I was happy with my black 588s when I got them and now I am not sure that I would order black wedges again. Sure they look cool and weathered from extensive use but they also look quite weathered from extensive use. :act-up:

In order

Raw
Black
Chrome

My Hopkins wedges look absolutely incredible

I like satin finish and black PVD - both look killer and they have very little glare. Plus the black PVD eventually starts to fade in the hitting areas and you get the really cool gradient look between the black and the shinier steel color.

I actually have a different finish on each of my wedges. My 52° is Oil Can, my 56° is Chrome and my 60° is Black Nickel. I like to grab my wedge at a glance. So far it has worked very well.

black
copper
raw

Black. No real great reason, just think it looks slick with the contrast of the steel shaft.

satin all the way...

I'd say raw is the leader for me right now. I absolutely love the look of my vintage finish 58˚. The rust definitely adds character. Second would be black followed by satin.

I do think that the copper finish wedges look cool, but I've never gamed one or seen how they wear long term.

Raw and black.

Back