2013 THP Invitational Series - Where Would You Like It?

I have nothing to really add here because any suggestion I make will be met with a smartyguy "backyard" comment from JB (kidding) but I would love a chance to prove him wrong..hehe Been reading through the ATL Invitational it sounds like it was just an awesome event.

Nah dude, you are good and I cannot wait for you to make one.

Apologies if this information can't be disclosed, but I'll throw the question out there: is there a specific number of these events that will take place in 2013? I would think that an event like this would not take place in May because of the Outing or July because of the Morgan Cup, but all other months would seem to be on the table. Just thinking out loud....it may be hard for 10 events to occur in terms of getting the needed number of participants, but 4 events per year (one per season) may be a more manageable goal.

TBD honestly. I would like to think more rather than less and I can assure you right now it will be more than 4.

I know. I've been hardcore pondering. Trying to look at the $, being in the middle of a trip 'home' to Indy and Christmas.

Make it happen. This course will blow you away.

Here's another AC member that would love a west coast event. CA, Vegas, AZ or Denver would get my vote for a stop.

Md / Delaware/ Central Pa area

Williamsburg Virginia would be cool too, there are some great courses there, Golden Horshoe Gold, New Kent, Stonehouse, Brickshire.

I just played the 3 in BOLD, very nice tracks. Williamsburg is a good central location for SC,NC,MD,PA and NJ.

I can think of several locations close to home here, but honestly I have to throw my vote to Branson, Mo. They have several world class courses, fantastic views, some of the best food anywhere and an all around great demographic reach. I feel everyone attending would love whichever course was picked in this area, but I suggest the Payne Stewart course there.

I can think of several locations close to home here, but honestly I have to throw my vote to Branson, Mo. They have several world class courses, fantastic views, some of the best food anywhere and an all around great demographic reach. I feel everyone attending would love whichever course was picked in this area, but I suggest the Payne Stewart course there.

Yeah, but it is in Missery. :cool:

Sent from my DROID X2

Keep the suggestions coming.

I like the Branson idea the more and more I think about it. Some unreal courses there plus plenty of places for the family to go

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I really don't think it would take much to get a group of THPers back to Iowa. That is really the only place close to me that I could easily attend and viable to THP.

It could attract the majority of the east coast! Also some place half way between Philly and Boston would be good too!

iPad tapping!

Halfway between Philly and Boston you're looking at southwestern CT. I guess you'd have the New Haven or Bridgeport area to look at, which isn't too bad.

I did live in West Hartford for a while....Although that is 4 hours from Philly I believe.

I did live in West Hartford for a while....Although that is 4 hours from Philly I believe.

4 hrs is good! 4 hrs from Richmond too. Ish.

Great road tripping.

Although I'd be disappointed for AC not to get another visit. I'd love to make it to as many as possible!

iPad tapping!

I really don't think it would take much to get a group of THPers back to Iowa. That is really the only place close to me that I could easily attend and viable to THP.

I would certainly be up for Iowa. I heard the Tour Van stop was pretty epic and it's a pretty quick car ride for me. Branson, MO is another pretty decent option.

That's a pretty nice area too from what I've see. I actually think the eastern NJ area would be good too. Close to NYC, Philly, Atlantic City, and not too far from Baltimore/DC or Boston. I bet you could get a TON of THPers to go to that one.

I posted earlier for Columbus Ohio , Longaberger, but I guess I should put in a word for Indy, lots of great courses, very easy to get into from all the interstates and a great airport with 80% of terminal B servicing Air Tran and Southwest

Wise beyond his years.

Iowa!

Another shout out for the RTJ golf trail .

GG summed it up best. We do hear the calls each time for an event out west from both AC members (needed for this event) and non-AC members. We watch closely at their local events and hope for awesome turnout. We also have to look at our demographics and figure out where we have a large central location that many AC members can get to for these.

When we planned last year's route, we took central locations to large groups of Albatross Club members and because of that had great turnout at almost every event. The idea of heading out west is definitely one we would consider, but there would have to be a large contingent ready to do commit for us to make the rather expensive journey.

I catching up on this thread. We have done a get together at Chambers bay for the past two years and last year we had almost 40 people there. I would fly over to the PNW for an event. I can get you the contact info for the guy on charge of groups at Chambers Bay. Or we could make your trip out west very productive and do a couple day thing at Bandon. I know Bandon isn't your favorite, but I think that people would love the experience and I am pretty sure the turnout would be great.

I catching up on this thread. We have done a get together at Chambers bay for the past two years and last year we had almost 40 people there. I would fly over to the PNW for an event. I can get you the contact info for the guy on charge of groups at Chambers Bay. Or we could make your trip out west very productive and do a couple day thing at Bandon. I know Bandon isn't your favorite, but I think that people would love the experience and I am pretty sure the turnout would be great.

You had 40 THPers? Can you send me the link on the forum?
This is strictly for Invitationals, which are one day events. We are not looking to do any multiple day events right now outside of our Ultimate Weekend of Golf and our Ultimate Amateur Golf Event. Thanks for the info.

I have to throw Denver into the mix. Lots of great courses, and plenty of other stuff to do for people who are traveling.

Back