Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide if I want a 910F or to splurge on the 913F.

Tried the Project X black. Terrible. I didn't like it at all but that's me and I am not a big fan of project x graphite shafts, so maybe I am a little biased.

All of you equipment guru's out there. Do you typically find a shaft you like and stick with it. Or do you look for other shaft with similar characteristics and run with that?

All of you equipment guru's out there. Do you typically find a shaft you like and stick with it. Or do you look for other shaft with similar characteristics and run with that?

If I have a choice, I will keep the same one until one fits me better. However with driver heads having so many different characteristics, many times a change is needed. To give you an example.

Cleveland Classic with Miyazaki Kusala Blue. I played the head at 12* to get spin and launch properly.
Cleveland Classic XL Custom with Miyazaki Kusala White. I played the head at 10.5* to get spin and launch properly.
Bridgestone J40 with Miyazaki Kusala White. Played at 10.5* because the spin and launch is where I like it again.

Iron wise, I cannot wait to find the perfect shaft. I dream of such delightful things!!!!

Pondering an Adams Idea Super DHy at 27*.

3 Deep...

I'm searching for a driver shaft for the Xhot, before injust abandon the Xhot and go elsewhere

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I need a deeper face on my fairways. Hmm

I want high launching, high spinning, and deep.

TTing

The 3deep is one the best clubs ever made, IMO.

The 3deep is one the best clubs ever made, IMO.

But that is far from high launch and spin isn't it? I guess with the right shaft it might work.

Yeah I don't think the 3deep is my ticket. I'm thinking a 4 wood.

TTing

I just bought the xhot 4 wood yesterday. I tried one out and was getting about the same distance as my driver. Also was hitting more balls straight with it. Its a sick club

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Can't decide if I want a 910F or to splurge on the 913F.
I've played both and I prefer the 913, but it really isn't $180 better. If you find a great deal on a 910 I'd jump on it.
Somehow I became addicted to trying different driver shafts and seeing how they perform so even once I find one I'm happy with I still like to try different things. Once I have a shaft that I absolutely love I will try every other shaft with the same profile that I can get my hands on, and then I'll try different flexes. Once I have absolutely narrowed it down to one or two shafts I'll start with tipping.
Usually at that point I ruin the shaft for me and then start all over haha.

After a couple years of doing this though I've learned that I never respond well to a low/low shaft, a high/high shaft, or a high/low shaft for the long term. Mid/Mid is where it's at in my books.

Jumped on the 910 last night!

That's a damn good deal. Where is that Thain?

I think I need to get fitted for lie angle. My pi5's are 1/4" shorter and 1-2* upright while my Maltby's are standard L/L/L. I like the current shaft length better but the lie angle just doesn't feel right.

Haha dang. Already bought it. Woulda pushed it sub 40$

TTing

Yeah, I got two of them for 72 shipped, pretty flippin' good deal. Good looking out dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back