Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I was in Florida. Boo!!

Me too. :(

Lucky Floridians (is that the technical term?)

BTW, if people from Utah are Utahns, what do you call people from Tampa?

Floridians

Lucky Sob's?

The darn thing just looks mean.

HXRNX30U.png

Quoting myself. The more I read about it, the more I am excited for it to get here.

That thing looks so legit. Cannot wait to see what you think!

I've just had my 15" retina MacBook Pro for a few days and I really like it. I mean this thing screams. However, I've got a buddy who bought a 27" iMac w/ 3.4 i7 processor, 1tb Fusion Drive, and has the 2gb graphics card. It's a $2,600 set up that he's had for less than a month and hasn't even really put anything on it yet. He really likes my rMBP and is asking if I wanna trade even with him. My laptop really never leaves my room anyways, and when it does I'm not doing anything on it that isn't just as easy to do with my iPad. Anybody who has had an iMac care to share what they think of them. All of the reviews online are saying that the maxed out version of it like this one is just a straight monster of a machine. Scoring just shy of 15,000 in benchmark. I'm thinking if I could get it and throw an SSD in it when and if the Fusion Drive ever gave then the thing would be a machine that I wouldn't have to upgrade from for YEARS.

I never really even thought about an iMac when I was purchasing a MacBook which is why I never considered it before. Now that I got the offer though it seems really enticing.

I've just had my 15" retina MacBook Pro for a few days and I really like it. I mean this thing screams. However, I've got a buddy who bought a 27" iMac w/ 3.4 i7 processor, 1tb Fusion Drive, and has the 2gb graphics card. It's a $2,600 set up that he's had for less than a month and hasn't even really put anything on it yet. He really likes my rMBP and is asking if I wanna trade even with him. My laptop really never leaves my room anyways, and when it does I'm not doing anything on it that isn't just as easy to do with my iPad. Anybody who has had an iMac care to share what they think of them. All of the reviews online are saying that the maxed out version of it like this one is just a straight monster of a machine. Scoring just shy of 15,000 in benchmark. I'm thinking if I could get it and throw an SSD in it when and if the Fusion Drive ever gave then the thing would be a machine that I wouldn't have to upgrade from for YEARS.

I never really even thought about an iMac when I was purchasing a MacBook which is why I never considered it before. Now that I got the offer though it seems really enticing.

Didn't you just buy a Windows?

Which one? I had a couple and both of them were horrible for me.

I've gotten over my iPhone fetish, but when it comes to computers I just can't make myself like Windows. I still much prefer Mac. I'm not gonna say that nothing ever goes wrong with them or that they are not subject to viruses or malware or anything else like that. But as far as the overall experience of using a computer, the Mac's just run away with it for me.

Pondering selling my mint nikon d300 and possible upgrading to something else.

Ir how much are you gonna ask for you Nikon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This camera needs to get here already.

This camera needs to get here already.
Seriously. Tell it to hurry up.

You must have ordered the ddec edition, showing up late and all.

Seriously. Tell it to hurry up.

You must have ordered the ddec edition, showing up late and all.

Probably. It says out for delivery on Amazon, so I am sure it will be here soon.

Horrible preview video by Sony, but shows off what this thing can do well.

That balanced steady shot feature is cool.

Amateur hour on the promo video

That balanced steady shot feature is cool.

Amateur hour on the promo video

Studied this thing for weeks now and it appears to have the best steadying feature out there. One of the things we really sought for what we film and being on the go. The projector feature is just cool as can be.

Studied this thing for weeks now and it appears to have the best steadying feature out there. One of the things we really sought for what we film and being on the go. The projector feature is just cool as can be.

Yeah for what u will use it for that steadying feature will work wonders.

The projector is just insane

It arrived last night and its freaking awesome.

ynatugaq.jpg

Been messing it with it for a while this morning. The features are unreal and the projector in the dark room is downright impressive.

That thing just says "I'm all business".

Well done. Well done.

That thing just says "I'm all business".

Well done. Well done.

Its going to be great at the show this year and the MC as well as other events. The stable feature is like nothing else out there.

I need a 32" LED. Looking at Samsung. Anyone got any other advice or recommendations? Looking to spend around $250 or a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back