2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great dude. My dad has been my biggest fan as I have played in these. He's always asking how the game is or helping me spot out things as I prepare and talking to me about the gear. It's great when family are so involved, just like ary said in his bio video, it's about family!

That's really cool. My dad and I play a ton together so I intend to lean heavily on him before the event!

I've been telling my buddies and they are nothing but supportive and impressed. It's really cool to explain the event and what all it represents

Nice!! I've told lots of people and they are all shocked and excited for me. I just hadn't been to the club since selections. I get there and people are asking about it haha! It was cool.

I bet, heck he was fist bumping me when I got in

Yeah dude, he was definitely pumped for you as well!

Guys, lets keep the every day banter to a minimum or in the appropriate threads. Thanks.

It definitely makes the cold weather months go by a lot faster that's for sure. I usually spend a lot of time working on putting all winter and since I've been playing in Morgan Cups I have found that I don't feel like I've got enough time as before I know it I'm getting back outside and working on the rest of my game. It changes the way you practice and the way you play golf. Best thing ever for your game in my opinion.

THIS^^^^^^, without the motivation of the Morgan Cup last year, I probably would have played less than half the rounds I played and wouldn't have worked near as hard on my short game and would still be an 18-20 index....definately the best thing for my game.

I sent Tracy an email telling her that would be needing 10-12 villas just based on the number of players. This will of course change as we get closer and find out who is bringing their spouse or 3 generations of family. Either way she is on alert.

Thanks so much Freddie....one less thing to worry about

That's how you roll. You rock dude. I am really anxious to get back there, that setup was perfect and dirt cheap to boot!

No way you could stay anywhere around there that cheap....it's perfect......some of the Veel-ya's were nicer than others....64C but ours to shame....but ours was still nice and right on the 17th green.

Man am I setting an awful example. No more banter! How many of you guys have begun the prep? Yesterday was my first range session with the MC in mind. 90% short game work

Man am I setting an awful example. No more banter! How many of you guys have begun the prep? Yesterday was my first range session with the MC in mind. 90% short game work

Nothing yet here, gonna work on settling up a package of golftec lessons stretched out over a few months.

And signing back up for the gym to shed some lbs

My prep started today. Fairways and greens. Smart golf. And skins.

Because I learned that I'd be a captain in 2013 with still plenty of the 2012 golf season left I pretty much just kept right on going with my prep work. I love where my game is at right now. The hard part will be picking up where I'm leaving off next spring, but I will get plenty of work in this winter so I hope to pick up and keep playing well next spring.

I am in the middle of my first round as a Morgan Cupper. I started out very tight and nervous for some reason. I was trying to hit every shot perfect. I began to relax at hole #3 with a par and have alternated bogey and par since (about to tee off on 9 now).

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm starting a blog to follow my MC journey. I haven't actually set up the blog but I have written a post per day starting with day 0 the day I was selected because I was at the range before hand. I will either share the post in here or just put a new link up each day. Thoughts on which I should do?

Anyway to more accurately answer this question I've played 18 and went to the range after both rounds. I was at the range twice earlier in the week and I've started running again to help with weight loss and endurance.

Getting the mind sharp with crosswords and sudoku for all those hard hitting questions and warming up the fingers for some serious typing. Probably will start the shoulder work for holding up the camera in the early part of the year.

Completely tearing down my game and rebuilding it block by block. Total remodel. Started with revamping the way I grip the club. Been walking around the last two days with a club in my hand practicing the grip. Getting ready for July!

I am in the middle of my first round as a Morgan Cupper. I started out very tight and nervous for some reason. I was trying to hit every shot perfect. I began to relax at hole #3 with a par and have alternated bogey and par since (about to tee off on 9 now).

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like you are playing the golf course now and not against yourself :thumb:. Some of the veteran MC'ers can coach you on some of the key elements of match play etc.

This is an honest question because I am awful at this. Where should we post if things turn to banter like talk? Should we quote and then post it in the banter thread?

I'm starting a blog to follow my MC journey. I haven't actually set up the blog but I have written a post per day starting with day 0 the day I was selected because I was at the range before hand. I will either share the post in here or just put a new link up each day. Thoughts on which I should do?

Anyway to more accurately answer this question I've played 18 and went to the range after both rounds. I was at the range twice earlier in the week and I've started running again to help with weight loss and endurance.

I was thinking about doing the same thing!! Just a neat way of documenting the process eh? Photos, video, thoughts.. really cool.

Getting the mind sharp with crosswords and sudoku for all those hard hitting questions and warming up the fingers for some serious typing. Probably will start the shoulder work for holding up the camera in the early part of the year.

Haha this made me laugh but that is solid prep right there

I was thinking about doing the same thing!! Just a neat way of documenting the process eh? Photos, video, thoughts.. really cool.

It will be all of the above. More text than photos or videos. But it has been I retesting so far.

Repped for being an awesome sport!! I dig it GregDan. A lot.

Nothing yet here, gonna work on settling up a package of golftec lessons stretched out over a few months.

And signing back up for the gym to shed some lbs
Mike they will tailor your lesson package for an upcoming event if you tell them what's up

Mike they will tailor your lesson package for an upcoming event if you tell them what's up

Yeah he mentioned that when I called, would talk about where my game is and where I wanna go with it

I feel like getting his out there. To be honest. I've never had a new golf club in my life. I've had the same irons since I was 15 (I'm 25 now.) have used hand me down fairway woods and drivers, and have a putter I won in an outing 8 years ago that I use.

While I can hold my own with these clubs, I'm excited to see what 10 years of advancement and change in technology's impact is going to have on my game. I've never hit anything other than a pitching wedge around the greens as well. I've never even played with a hybrid! I still have a 3 and 4 iron in my bag!!

So this an opportunity that I won't be taking advantage of and I've already started breaking down my game and working on trying to improve areas. I think this will help me explain my progression and really take repping my sponsor to a new level. It's going to take me more work than some of the others that are in this event, but I'm up to the challenge. I've already got some great ideas for videos to show my progression. Gonna be an exciting year!

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

I feel like getting his out there. To be honest. I've never had a new golf club in my life. I've had the same irons since I was 15 (I'm 25 now.) have used hand me down fairway woods and drivers, and have a putter I won in an outing 8 years ago that I use.

While I can hold my own with these clubs, I'm excited to see what 10 years of advancement and change in technology's impact is going to have on my game. I've never hit anything other than a pitching wedge around the greens as well. I've never even played with a hybrid! I still have a 3 and 4 iron in my bag!!

So this an opportunity that I won't be taking advantage of and I've already started breaking down my game and working on trying to improve areas. I think this will help me explain my progression and really take repping my sponsor to a new level. It's going to take me more work than some of the others that are in this event, but I'm up to the challenge. I've already got some great ideas for videos to show my progression. Gonna be an exciting year!

Dude that is pretty awesome! I look forward to reading about your journey.

That's awesome Brad. You are going to be like a kid in a candy store with new gear and clubs you've never used before like hybos and gap/sand/lob wedges. I cannot wait to follow along with you on this journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back