Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, I don't like Petrino at all, and Chizik seems like a nice guy. That would sure be a shake up in the ranks, is Chizik strong enough to keep that HC mentality when he's obviously trying to be run out? (Assuming that goes down)
I like Coach Chizik, a great guy and has always been nothing but a class act.

This is all rumor, so take it for what it's worth, but my guess strong arming him in to this would be an attempt to get him to resign to avoid having to pay him a 7+ million dollar buyout.

I know there is a good bit of money on the plains but paying 2 head coach salaries? That's steep man.

That is a pretty tall order WE, I really hope he does not come back to the SEC, I would hate to be pulling against a particular school that would hire as you described "a miserable human being".

That's the thing, DD. There is a group of boosters at AU that have always loved Petrino, going back to his time here in 2001(ish) as Offensive Coordinator. And unfortunately, with Bama being an absolute Machine right now with Saban, there is a WIN NOW attitude with these boosters and I have a feeling they will do what they want to do to get Petrino on Campus, in one position or another.
Spoiler
That's what she said.

Petrino is shady, and just over all got what was coming to him.

What are they looking at paying him? I believe our OC is the highest paid in the nation at something like $1.3 mil.

I know there is a good bit of money on the plains but paying 2 head coach salaries? That's steep man.

What are they looking at paying him? I believe our OC is the highest paid in the nation at something like $1.3 mil.
Gus Malzahn had a base salary of $1.3 million, and his bonuses took him up over $2 mil. I would imagine they could easily go over that if they wanted it bad enough, just have to sell some extra YellaWood this year. Chad Morris is the highest paid OC in the ACC, not sure about the country.

I actually can live with that idea WE. We get one of the best in the game running our offense, without handing over the reigns to a scumbag. The biggest downside is you know he is going to bolt as soon as a HC job becomes available.

I like Coach Chizik, a great guy and has always been nothing but a class act.

This is all rumor, so take it for what it's worth, but my guess strong arming him in to this would be an attempt to get him to resign to avoid having to pay him a 7+ million dollar buyout.

I have never known coaches to not hold out for the money!!!

I have never known coaches to not hold out for the money!!!

I think that coach buyouts are ridiculous. Each coach should be given reasonable expectations and if they don't meet them, bye bye!

Gus Malzahn had a base salary of $1.3 million, and his bonuses took him up over $2 mil. I would imagine they could easily go over that if they wanted it bad enough, just have to sell some extra YellaWood this year. Chad Morris is the highest paid OC in the ACC, not sure about the country.

I actually can live with that idea WE. We get one of the best in the game running our offense, without handing over the reigns to a scumbag. The biggest downside is you know he is going to bolt as soon as a HC job becomes available.

Thought i heard something about the buyout amount changes in the new year by a few million that could be the hold up. I have to think though if you guys choose to go for a new Staff you would do so ASAP

Thought i heard something about the buyout amount changes in the new year by a few million that could be the hold up. I have to think though if you guys choose to go for a new Staff you would do so ASAP
Once we get slapped around by UGa and Bama in the coming weeks, I have a feeling there will be plenty of Alum that want to throw in some cash to make a change.

Once we get slapped around by UGa and Bama in the coming weeks, I have a feeling there will be plenty of Alum that want to throw in some cash to make a change.
Those are both huge rivalry games and you know what they say about records in rivalry games. There have been many huge upsets by all sides over the years in these games but I must admit that an upset this year over either UGA or UA doesn't look at all realistic based on what Auburn has done. Maybe the change will be announced after the Bama game. I hate seeing AU football in such a state, I have many close friends who are fans.

I think that coach buyouts are ridiculous. Each coach should be given reasonable expectations and if they don't meet them, bye bye!

Agreed, but that's what agents are for!!! Too bad I'm not one.

Ouch...Clemson & Dabo take a huge hit today when the Nations #1 recruit, Robert Nkemdiche de-commits from the purple Tigers.

Man it is looking like FSU is in deep trouble. Va Tech might just get the upset here.

Ouch...Clemson & Dabo take a huge hit today when the Nations #1 recruit, Robert Nkemdiche de-commits from the purple Tigers.

He had steered several High School buddies to Clemson too, those guys may start thinking about changing too.

He had steered several High School buddies to Clemson too, those guys may start thinking about changing too.
Supposedly he's the best out of Georgia since Herschel? Guy looks like a stud!

We look absolutely terrible. EJ Manuel might be the dumbest SR QB in college football. Throw it away? LOL NO THANKS, SPIN MOVE!

Agreed, but that's what agents are for!!! Too bad I'm not one.

Agents! Oh geez, I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I were one.

LOL @ Va Tech

We look absolutely terrible. EJ Manuel might be the dumbest SR QB in college football. Throw it away? LOL NO THANKS, SPIN MOVE!
You were saying?

Looks like FSU has avoided the upset, quite an impressive drive.

Wow. That's just silly.

-______-

You were saying?

I'm not gonna say there was a fistpump that just happened.. But Tiger would have said whoa there buddy, take it down a notch. Little amped up on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back