Having to cut down your Superfast 2.0

Cutting down the Shaft--How did it work for you?

Cutting down the Shaft--How did it work for you?

Kujan, just curious how it's worked out for you. I'm 5'7"/8" and cut mine to 45.5". That really lightened the swing weight--which I actually liked, granted the club just feels so light. However, they say speed wins out over mass (i.e., a heavier club) unless you swing each one at the same swing speed. Generally, I'm not much longer (maybe 5 yards) than my old cleveland and adams drivers. The exception came recently when I hit one drive about 270 (carry and roll) somewhat against the wind and another about 290 with the wind and hitting on some harder ground. It appears to simply take some getting used to, but I wouldn't mind if the head were a fraction heavier. Having said that, I can feel the contact with the ball when I hit it in the sweet spot, and it really goes. Anyway, how has it worked out for you.

Kujan, just curious how it's worked out for you. I'm 5'7"/8" and cut mine to 45.5". That really lightened the swing weight--which I actually liked, granted the club just feels so light. However, they say speed wins out over mass (i.e., a heavier club) unless you swing each one at the same swing speed. Generally, I'm not much longer (maybe 5 yards) than my old cleveland and adams drivers. The exception came recently when I hit one drive about 270 (carry and roll) somewhat against the wind and another about 290 with the wind and hitting on some harder ground. It appears to simply take some getting used to, but I wouldn't mind if the head were a fraction heavier. Having said that, I can feel the contact with the ball when I hit it in the sweet spot, and it really goes. Anyway, how has it worked out for you.

Cut the driver down to 45 and the 4-wood to 42.5. That's 1.5 inches off the driver and .75 inches off the 4-wood. Put on Winn DriTec grips. So far I have only been able to hit balls into a net but the clubs feel like they fit better. Have not added the lead tape and I may never. Playing Saturday.

BTW, my normal drives are between 235-245/250 and my 7 iron distance is typically 150.

BTW, my normal drives are between 235-245/250 and my 7 iron distance is typically 150.

those are my exact distances haha I think the best thing for me was to get a quick club fitting to find the best length for me, and I've been doing better with my driver, and i'm more consistent at 250. But for some reason the Burner superfast didn't work for me before, and last week I went to Dicks and tried it out, consistantly at 260-250, so I couldn't justify buying it and cutting it down to length since my R11 is working for me

My Burner 2.0 TP is playing just under 45. I gotta play a shorter driver, only way I can keep it in play some days :(

Went to the range yesterday with my son. I was hitting his standard length G-10 driver much further than the cut-down Burner. Just ordered a G-15 and will retire the cut-down driver and fairway.

G15

G15

Why did u go for g15 vs the g10 you were hitting? What shafts do the two clubs have?

i had a superfast 2.0 that i cut down to 45 1/4 " to get some more control,i had it in stiff and cut it from the butt end and it just toally screwed it up,i never accounted for swingweight (think its originally D9 and it went to D6) which although lighter felt way to stiff afterwards (like swinging deadweight,)..and..in all honesty with the stock length i was bombing my drives 60% of the time,not necassarily FIR but they were bombs lol

SF2.0 v R11

SF2.0 v R11

i had a superfast 2.0 that i cut down to 45 1/4 " to get some more control,i had it in stiff and cut it from the butt end and it just toally screwed it up,i never accounted for swingweight (think its originally D9 and it went to D6) which although lighter felt way to stiff afterwards (like swinging deadweight,)..and..in all honesty with the stock length i was bombing my drives 60% of the time,not necassarily FIR but they were bombs lol

R u currently using SF 2.0 or R11?

R u currently using SF 2.0 or R11?

Im now using an r11 that i got a great deal with on ebay,i sold the burner with an aldila nv shaft in it for £10 shy of the price of the R11

well considering a those drivers were made longer than most other drivers on purpose (in order to get more distance), i don't see why it'd be a problem as long as you don't get it shorter than other drivers..

Why did u go for g15 vs the g10 you were hitting? What shafts do the two clubs have?

The G15 is readily available and is slightly better than the G10. I just got the standard TFC 149D Ping shaft. By the way I had added 15 grams of lead tape to the 44" Burner in order to soften the flex and get a higher ball flight. Somewhere along the line it didn't work.

Back