Jump on it, or lay off?

I find that taking a longer club and then choking down a bit with a normal full swing is best for me.
That way, I don't "baby" the swing.

Me too. Grip down, hit the same tempo.

I tend to decelerate when I club up and try to swing slower.

As a result, I have found better results trying for a few more yards with the shorter club.

For a front pin, I'll take the longer club and try to hit a little cut. On the back, I'll try to draw the shorter club. That's what I TRY to do. What I usually ACTUALLY do is over-think it and either skull it or hit it about six inches fat so it doesn't really matter what club it was. :banghead:

Perfect, you and I can over think Bear's Best Saturday. I would probably over think the shot too unless I am in a really good groove that particular day. I am in the longer club choked down an inch or so and smooth swing school on this particular shot.

It all depends on the situation usually I will club up and swing easier. I dont fair well when I have a slightly longer distance than I know I can hit, many things will go wrong for me when trying to swing really hard. I think it is also a mental part of the game that I am still working on going back to course management.

Back