2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tadashi for setting up the rooms! I'm about 90% sure I will be coming by myself. So count on me being in a room with 3 others!

I will be doing a fitting as I really believe that is part of this whole Morgan Cup experience. We preach fittings all the time around here and I think that's important to get done. Sort of a practice what you preach thing. Not to mention that it's just totally cool getting clubs fit to you!

No idea when I'll be heading over to SC. Think I'll wait to get a pulse on what everyone else is doing but if you were to hold me to something now, I would say, fly in early Wed., get there in time to play 18 Wed. afternoon and then have Thursday to play a bit more with others. Man, that is just exciting to write down. I love when certain things hit me in different ways about this Morgan Cup.

Thanks Tadashi for setting up the rooms! I'm about 90% sure I will be coming by myself. So count on me being in a room with 3 others!

I will be doing a fitting as I really believe that is part of this whole Morgan Cup experience. We preach fittings all the time around here and I think that's important to get done. Sort of a practice what you preach thing. Not to mention that it's just totally cool getting clubs fit to you!

No idea when I'll be heading over to SC. Think I'll wait to get a pulse on what everyone else is doing but if you were to hold me to something now, I would say, fly in early Wed., get there in time to play 18 Wed. afternoon and then have Thursday to play a bit more with others. Man, that is just exciting to write down. I love when certain things hit me in different ways about this Morgan Cup.

Same here man, even the little things are super exciting.

Tadashi, thanks for setting up the lodging, my wife and I will need another couple to room with.

The more and more I find flights and things the more and more I'm excited, I know it's so far away but I can't wait. The nice part about the whole MC experience is it's not just about the finish line, it's the whole process and keeping everyone involved.

I truly mean it when I say I can't wait to start this journey not only with my fellow competitors and captains but also everyone else here on THP.

Why not? It's a 700 mile drive, given 24 hours time, it could be enjoyable. Is there a particular reason why I shouldn't consider it? :)

I'm not dying to do it, I just figured why not spend a day in a convertible driving trough the fine states of the east coast :snail:

Im going to be driving from Philadelphia. I love to drive and would prefer to drive everywhere over flying.

I want to know who's gonna get a proper fitting this year?

I did not last year, but I really think that it did not hurt me too much, if at all.

This year I fully intend to. If I can arrange to do it with the OEM so their fitter can determine what exactly fits me the best then that is the route I will take. If not, I will try to get fitted with a local fitter and try all the iron offerings to see what is jiving for me.

Thank you for setting up the rooms Freddie! I will for sure be with 3 other guys.

I did not get a proper fitting last year either. Instead I kind of pieced it all together. I really utilized the Bfit service that Bridgestone offers. The guys on their end are very knowledgeable.

I'm not sure if I will get a full fitting this year or not. I always intend to, but whether it happens or not I do not know.

i might get a full fitting. see where my swing is at when i need to start worrying about what i need to order. And whats available to me for a fitting.

A full fitting would be great, but if that's not something I am able to do, I definitely will work with Golftec to make sure everything I get will be appropriate to what I need.

I did an iron fitting last December and am not sure what I'll do this year. Last year I drove to Memphis and did it at Golftec.

Cleveland just has so much right going on right now that it's exciting to think about what they could offer up next year. I always find myself going back to their website and looking more and more.

Thanks for the thoughts Hawk!

Cleveland just has so much right going on right now that it's exciting to think about what they could offer up next year. I always find myself going back to their website and looking more and more.

Thanks for the thoughts Hawk!
And then you can go look at the Miyazaki goodness of shaft offerings as well.

I have been staring at NC putters for a few weeks, no clue what we will be gaming bu some of the NC's are just flat out beautiful!

And then you can go look at the Miyazaki goodness of shaft offerings as well.

I have been staring at NC putters for a few weeks, no clue what we will be gaming bu some of the NC's are just flat out beautiful!
Have not even done that yet! Good thoughts!

Thats good info Hawk, Looking at what Cleveland is offering now and what there have been talks about in the works, I would be absolutely estatic to be sponsored by Cleveland for the 2013 Morgan Cup!

I did an iron fitting last December and am not sure what I'll do this year. Last year I drove to Memphis and did it at Golftec.

Thinking a bit far ahead aren't you lol. I love seeing the rookies getting excited about everything. Reminds me of how i was

Got out and played 18 this morning, and represented Cleveland quite well in the bag.

Black Driver
Black 3W
Mashie 5W
Mashie 4h
Cleveland Black irons
Cleveland Classic 5.5 Putter

What shafts are you rocking in the black irons?

Thinking a bit far ahead aren't you lol. I love seeing the rookies getting excited about everything. Reminds me of how i was
So....you're saying your not getting excited about it?

WE what are your thoughts on the Cleveland 588 wedges?? I like the look of them and the custom setup.

Also how you finding the black irons in comparison to chrome. Since getting the Razr X Black's I don't think i'd go back to chrome

So....you're saying your not getting excited about it?

I am pumped to be getting back to the US but the real excitement starts for me when sponsors are decided. Last year I was like a dog chasing his tail looking around on websites, made me a little dizzy

I am pumped to be getting back to the US but the real excitement starts for me when sponsors are decided. Last year I was like a dog chasing his tail looking around on websites, made me a little dizzy

Based off several posts I remember in the trash talk thread, I think something else was making you a little dizzy. :angel:

That's how I feel now while surfing all the pages of all the sponsors, the more and more I see the more and more I realize how awesome it is for these companies to step up and help us lowly average joes out!!! Big Kudos to all of them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back