2013 Fall GA/AL/TN/NC Weekend Get Together

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
All, despite the interest of some there just isn't enough folks who want to have this little get together to allow us to get good deals on hotel rooms or golf courses. As of yesterday we only had seven folks who were able to do one of these weekends.

So here is what I'm going to propose, we table a weekend get together until the Spring and maybe we can find a weekend where there aren't so many conflicts.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We'll try this again in the Spring.

Last edited:
A. Are you interested in doing this? As everything stands right now, yes, but Lynne's health dictates everything for me.

B. Between these two weekends, which weekend: Nov. 1 - 3 or Nov. 8 - 10. I favor the 10th

C. Which of the following golf courses should we play our second round at. I have never played Indian Trace and love playing new to me courses so that is my preference.

A) If I don't do the Gauntlet, which I want to do
B) The weekend of the 10th because it's a long weekend for me and wife is out of town
3) Don't care, but would be nice to add a new course to my list

A. Are you interested in doing this? Yes, I am interested
B. Between these two weekends, which weekend: Nov. 1 - 3 (prior commitment for the weekend of the 10th).
C. Which of the following golf courses should we play our second round at: Butternut Creek or Old Union. I am good with either of these options.

Either weekend would work for me. I like the idea of playing a new course but will be happy either way. OG is contemplating a date for knee surgery so I'm not sure if he'll be coming at this point or not. Thanks for putting this together!

Just bumping this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither weekend will work for me, sadly.

Mary -- Thanks for heading this up and the kind words you spoke about me organizing this in the past. I really don't know what will be going on with my potential surgery schedule etc. KellyBo may have to rep our family at this one. I could be at home on the couch recouping :beat-up:.

A. Are you interested in doing this? would love to but I've put in for the Tampa Gauntlet. If something falls through and I can't make that I'd be willing to join.
B. Between these two weekends, which weekend: Nov. 1 - 3 or Nov. 8 - 10? Out of town for work the 1-3rd. 8-10th is planned for Tampa right now.
C. Which of the following golf courses should we play our second round at: Butternut Creek or Old Union (Blairsville - about 50 minutes from Ellijay) or Indian Trace (Chatsworth - about 35 minutes from Ellijay)? Have not played any of these so fine with all.

A. YES
B. Doesn't really matter
C. Doesn't really matter

I'm interested
weekend of 1-3 works best
either works for me

Yes I am interested

The weekend of the 10th

I vote for Indian Trace as that is a local course for me which means I will not have to have a sitter for as long that day for my mother and step father. Just FYI I would not need a room at all as White Path is less than an hour from my home and Indian Trace is no more than five minutes from home.

Just throwing out another option in the Chatsworth area http://www.springlakesgolfclub.com.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm out. Neither weekend works for me.

You guys have a blast, though. I've heard excellent stories about the mountain golf weekend.

A) If I don't do the Gauntlet, which I want to do
B) The weekend of the 10th because it's a long weekend for me and wife is out of town
3) Don't care, but would be nice to add a new course to my list

1) I'm going to the Gauntlet
2) I can't do two big trips in a paycheck
C) Sorry

:crying:

1. yes

2. I can not do the second weekend, Veteran's Day parade here in Dalton.

3. I prefer Old Union or anywhere else but Indian Trace (it is not a good golf course.) If you stay in Blue Ridge, Blairsville will be closer than Chatsworth.

Just bumping this again. See the first post for details.
Right now looks like 7 folks are interested.

I may try to drive over and join in on one of the two rounds, but I doubt I'd be able to do a stay-and-play again right now.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and see what the plans may be. Thanks Mary for taking this up this year.

A. Yes
B. The 8-10th
C. I defer to the local knowledge

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Just bumping this again. See the first post for details.
Right now looks like 7 folks are interested.

Bumped again

Just bumping this again. See 1st post for details.

Thanks!

Bumping this again. Looking like we have 8 golfers interested at this time.

Bumping this again. I need feedback to the first post by Sunday.

Bumping this. Need responses to first post tomorrow to take planning to next step.

Almost forgot to post, but it looks like I am out of this completely regardless of the weekend. It still might work out for me to attend, but proceed as if I can't. I sure am sorry that this is so late.

Tapatalk 2: The sequel is even better than the original.

First post updated with some info. Looks like we're going to have to table this until the spring.

Back