Favorite College Football Game Day Moments

TheGreatWhiteHope

Hard Slice Connoisseur
Reaction score
Handicap
Up There
Being that I am a Florida State Fan and attend the University our first home game is this Saturday. I just need to share this with my favorite online community as anyone who has attended a school with a major college football team can understand the anticipation I have seeing the streets flooded with Garnet and Gold.

I figured I would start a thread where we can share pictures, videos, and memories of our favorite collegiate gameday moments.

For myself I would have to say it was when FSU played Oklahoma two years ago ranked 2 and 3 respectively. It was an admirable loss considering our starting QB, EJ Manuel, got injured early, but wow did the defense put on a show. It was so loud that for about the next 4 hours after the game I felt as if I was wearing ear muffs and could barely here anything at all.

Also the Clemson game last year, which in my signature you can see a picture I took from the student section.

I look forward to reading all your submissions.

Jump Around at Camp Randall is an amazing experience. The stadium shakes!

Jump Around at Camp Randall is an amazing experience. The stadium shakes!

My friends brother plays for Minnesota, and he told me that without a doubt the hardest/loudest stadium to play in is Camp Randall. That is admirable considering that he has played in the Big House and at the Horse Shoe.

Being that I am a Florida State Fan and attend the University our first home game is this Saturday. I just need to share this with my favorite online community as anyone who has attended a school with a major college football team can understand the anticipation I have seeing the streets flooded with Garnet and Gold.

I figured I would start a thread where we can share pictures, videos, and memories of our favorite collegiate gameday moments.

For myself I would have to say it was when FSU played Oklahoma two years ago ranked 2 and 3 respectively. It was an admirable loss considering our starting QB, EJ Manuel, got injured early, but wow did the defense put on a show. It was so loud that for about the next 4 hours after the game I felt as if I was wearing ear muffs and could barely here anything at all.

Also the Clemson game last year, which in my signature you can see a picture I took from the student section.

I look forward to reading all your submissions.

FSU is a great place to see a game. I was there in '09 for the Georgia Tech vs FSU 49-44 game. So cool to see the throwing of the spear in person. The crowd was a little down in attendance since it was not a great season for Bowden, which was I think his last, but boy what a game it was.

Best one for me was when K-State beat OU in Arrowhead for the Big 12 Championship back in 2003. What a great game from start to finish. I was in Manhattan at the time, and after that game you KNOW I was in Aggieville! That was one HECK of a party that night!

Something about the drum line, the fight songs and 50,000 fans all cheering for the home team that gives me goose bumps. Love me some college football!

GO STATE!

My friends brother plays for Minnesota, and he told me that without a doubt the hardest/loudest stadium to play in is Camp Randall. That is admirable considering that he has played in the Big House and at the Horse Shoe.

I am going to the FSU/Miami game this season, will be trying to bring Jump Around to Tally!

Being there in the rainy game FSU vs Miami when Roscoe Parrish got obliterated was one of the loudest hits I've ever heard in that stadium. The water spray coming off of him made it a little better haha

Great Thread! One of the best games was sitting in the Rain on the 50 yard line in the middle of the Garnet & Gold and seeing this:

Every moment of the tailgate parties on the grassy knoll in front of Grady College on the University of Georgia campus. From there it was a few minutes' walk to Sanford Stadium among the throng of fellow Dawgs fans... Unforgettable experience for me.

I've got four really stand out moments:

1990-1991 season - watching Georgia Tech from the E club at Cherry Point beat Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl 45-21 to secure the Coaches Poll #1 and its 4th National Championship. There were a bunch of us Tech fans in the building as my reserve unit (from NAS Atlanta) which had been activated for Desert Shield/Storm was at Cherry Point and we flew from there to Saudi Arabia the next day.

2011 season - beating #6 ranked Clemson at Bobby Dodd Stadium. A great game in an average season but so much fun. Tech jumped up quick on top and never looked back winning 31-17

2009 season - Best road trip: My son and I took Amtrak from Atlanta up to Charlottesville, VA for the UVA game. Tech had been cursed and had not won at Scott Stadium since 1990. Just could not win up there to save our lives. Boarded Amtrak at 8pm on Friday night. Arrived in Charlottesville in time for breakfast. Went to the noon game where Tech won 34-9, then went over to the Wild Wing Cafe adjacent to the Amtrak station and cheered Clemson on to a win against Miami, which was big help to Tech. Took the 9pm train back to Atlanta. Was a blast up and back with the whole train car load of Tech fans.

2009 season - ACC title game against Clemson in Tampa. A great back and forth game. CJ Spiller and Josh Nesbit put on a great show that night.

I've got a million, but here are a few

05 Iron Bowl- My first year at Auburn, and the Iron Bowl was the Honk if you sacked Brody game. Bama had had a suprisingly decent season, and they thought they were going to come into Jordan Hare and leave victorious. It didn't work out that way, we sacked their QB 11 times in a massacre. It wasn't a great game, but it was just a jubilant atmosphere, and I had so much fun at that game.

07 Auburn at Florida. Auburn was coming off two embarrasing losses to USF and Miss St, and was looking like a terrible team. Lou Holtz made the unfortunate statement that he had a better chance of being elected senator than Auburn did of winning. I went up to that game alone, didn't know any Auburn fans there. I sat in the Auburn student section and had an absolute blast watching my Tigers upset saint timmy and his gatahs.

10 LSU at Auburn. My first game back at the plains in several years, and probably the best game I've ever been to or even seen. Just a slugfest back and forth. It was thought that the winner would win the NC, and it happened that way. Cam and Kodi and everyone else coming over to celebrate after the game was just awesome.

2010 National Championship in Phoenix... Sitting in my upper deck seats realizing what Auburn had just done, and celebrating with the 3/4 of the stadium that was still there, that was just awesome.

AUBURN vs #1 Florida, in 2001. Damon Duval with a 44 yard field goal to take the lead by 1. Pouring down rain, sloppy sloppy conditions. Duval kicked a "rope hook me" of a FG that looked like it was going wide right and then turned back to the left and hooked right on through the posts. It was the last time the fans stormed the field in Jordan Hare.

[video=youtube;eg0sJP-f4uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eg0sJP-f4uA[/video]

AUBURN vs #1 Florida, in 2001. Damon Duval with a 44 yard field goal to take the lead by 1. Pouring down rain, sloppy sloppy conditions. Duval kicked a "rope hook me" of a FG that looked like it was going wide right and then turned back to the left and hooked right on through the posts. It was the last time the fans stormed the field in Jordan Hare.
Looks like he had 10-20 more yards of distance on that kick. That's awesome!

For me it has to be UW vs Iowa. The game where Ron Dayne set the NCAA record for rushing yards. Night game, 80,000 rocking camp randall. Then a week or two later beating PSU to ear the trip to the Rose Bowl.

[video=youtube;eg0sJP-f4uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eg0sJP-f4uA[/video]

Freakin every year. You guys could be awful and still show up for our game.

I love it... I really do

Besides the Cam years you guys have struggled. #HopeToMeetInAtlanta #WeMightNotBeThereEither

Besides the Cam years you guys have struggled. #HopeToMeetInAtlanta #WeMightNotBeThereEither

I don't see either of us getting there to be honest, but ya'll certainly have the better shot. I'll be happy with 8 wins or so, 9 would be awesome.

Hush up Wisconsin man. No Little 10 talk allowed.

True! 1 good year since 04! Sorry!
I still think it's awesome that Tebow beat 10 of 11 SEC schools he played against.

I still think it's awesome that Tebow beat 10 of 11 SEC schools he played against.

Muschamp did draw up a good game plan. Credit due.

Tebow does have a ring on each hand though. :D

Cam could have had 2 or more if he didn't steal a lap top and then register into his classes from it!

Muschamp did draw up a good game plan. Credit due.

Tebow does have a ring on each hand though. :D

Cam could have had 2 or more if he didn't steal a lap top and then register into his classes from it!
Typical florida thugs! Glad he could come to Auburn to get his life $traightened out.

My #1 would be the 2000 Michigan game at Illinois. The game hype itself wasn't anything spectacular. They were both ranked and had good teams. Being a Michigan fan my whole life, this was my first live game. Just seeing the team with those helmets come out of the locker room gave me chills that "I'm actually here watching a Michigan game!" I was so hyped up you could have put me on the kickoff team and the returner would have gone no where, no blocker would have stopped me. An added bonus was that the band was there so I got to sing 'The Victors' for the first time after a score. I got to hear all the special Michigan chants and cheers for the first time and it is something I will always cherish. Michigan won a tight game which made it extra special. My friends had to almost drag me out as I didn't want to leave.

A close 2nd would be a couple of years later when I made my first trip to The Big House for a game vs. Washington. College GameDay was there and Michigan won on a long FG as time expired. I remember walking through the gate to the seating area and just thinking "this place is freaking huge". Also strange was when you see it for the first time from outside. It is built mostly underground (they went to the top of a hill, and just started digging) so you only see the last 30 or so rows of seats from the outside. It was very special to me to see all the game day festivities that go on; the tailgating, the pregame band stuff, and the postgame celebrations.

3rd would be the first time Missouri beat Nebraska in like 50 years. They played at Mizzou every other year, and for 3 games I went, and Mizzou lost, then on the 4th try they finally did it. I'm not a huge Mizzou fan, but that night was special for everyone in attendance.

I've been to many games since those. I've seen Notre Dame and Ohio (match up of top 5 teams with the conference on the line) lose in Ann Arbor, I've been to games at about half the Big Ten schools, and I've been to a Rose Bowl, but as they always say, you always remember your first.

Back