Big Break NFL: Puerto Rico (Spoilers)

I like the little blonde Shannon

Furious my hotel doesnt have The Golf Channel. Missing the kickoff of Big Break.

So far, so good. I'm entertained.

Al Del Greco rocking the SeeMore!!

I thought it was a pretty good display of solid skills, right up until the putting started.

The putting was pretty bad, I wanted to punch Chad through the TV when he started telling his people what to hit when they were comfortable from other distances. I kinda wish he would have missed his putt for a little poetic justice

I agree....the putting for the most part was horrendous.

Am I the only one that can't figure out how to watch golfchannel videos in fullscreen?

They changed their video player a while ago. I don't think there's any way to do it. Stinks.

In case anyone wonders that Meghan chick is still awful. Going out on limb to say she's maybe the worst player on there, ever.

Wow Emily T wow

My boy Brian with the "Hail to Pitt!" at the beginning. Awwww yeah.

In case anyone wonders that Meghan chick is still awful. Going out on limb to say she's maybe the worst player on there, ever.

Agreed, Meghan needs some time to gain some experience.

Chad remains an utter tool.

Agreed, Meghan needs some time to gain some experience.

Chad remains an utter tool.

It looks like Lepp is doomed because Meghan's game seems awful.

Yes, Chad is not doing himself any favors.

How many takes did the NFL guys get to hit their drives? Unless I missed an announcement before they showed the shot used they made it seem like they all only took one.

How many takes did the NFL guys get to hit their drives? Unless I missed an announcement before they showed the shot used they made it seem like they all only took one.

Probably because they only hit 1? Why would you assume otherwise? I'm curious.

Probably because they only hit 1? Why would you assume otherwise? I'm curious.

Because all but Rice were damn near perfect. You really think they all did that with one shot??

Because all but Rice were damn near perfect. You really think they all did that with one shot??

They're all close to scratch, so yeah, I do.

That long drive had to be down wind, right?

Can't trust anything on these reality shows, most all of them are fake and scripted.

I know. I'm not saying they didn't hit those shots but, there had to be more balls hit than what they showed.

That long drive had to be down wind, right?

Yep. I was sure they weren't swinging hard enough to get it to the 300 yard range. I was looking at the long grass and it was going straight down wind.

Just finished watching the first episode. A lot of banter betweem those NFL guys going on. Good first episode.

I find the overall quality of the men this season kind of weak. Brian is awful at golf and at being a human being. Chad is slightly better at the former and slightly worse at the latter (although he's more entertaining). There's a reason why Isaac has been a lifer mini tour player - that's about as good as he'll be (which is to say awesome to the casual observer but not up to snuff on tour). Lepp is talented and played some good golf but he spent so much time away from the game prior to BB Greenbrier so I question his experience. I don't know much about Will. I wasn't impressed with Oren the first go round and I don't think I'll see anything different this time.

I haven't seen the seasons with any of the ladies other than BB Mexico so I can't say much about them. I'm just glad Emily is back.

It's downwind on a pretty open fairway. It's a pretty easy shot and they're all around scratch so I don't doubt they all hit those on the first go. It's the driver, I'm sure if there's one club retired football players practice a lot of, it's that one. I would have been as skeptical as you if they went and drained all their putts, but they didn't and so the balance is restored. They do kind of have the integrity of the contest itself to consider. The winners get free passes onto the pro tour so they can't exactly rig things knowing that it'd hurt their relationship with the tours if it came out (and it would since no one can keep a secret for long).

Finally, I liked the fact that Michelle Tafoya replaced Stephanie Sparks on this season. I found that Sparks almost completely ignored Tom Abbot. Whether it was her doing or his it made them a terrible team since they seemed like they talked AT each other as opposed to WITH each other like a standard commentary give-and-take. Tafoya and Abbot already have better chemistry than all the Sparks/Abbot seasons did total. Tafoya's football connection is a nice touch too.

Anyone watching??

Back