Thoughts and prayers. Many types of leukemia are very curable these days. Still a tough thing to go through for kid and parents.

Best to all, prayers a given.

I will add you to my daily prayer list.

This is never an easy thing, but the prognosis is good. You & yours are in my prayers! And good luck to the Airborne DEZperados!

Thoughts and prayers sent your way!

Thoughts and Prayers for her and all of the family static. Keep us posted.

Will keep her and your family in my thoughts. Best wishes and keep us updated as things progress.

Doug,

My prayers are with your entire family and especially your niece. When you said that your family told you that it was the treatable kind, did they say it was ALL? See if you can find out if it is ALL or AML. I am not a doctor, but my wife has been in Oncology Research for almost 20 years. Her sister has survived ALL as an adult which is pretty rare for an adult to be diagnosed.

PM me an email address and I will forward you an article she has suggested. It will provide a little more information than the standard stuff you may have already found.

God Bless, and with this kind of sickness, attitude is everything. Being young helps a lot too. Prayers and support from my family are to you and yours.

John

Good thoughts to your niece, Static.

Thanks everyone.

Update:

It is Pre B Cell Acute Lympho Lukemia.

She came through the shunt placement, Chemo treatment and lumbar spinal tap. The tap read clear which means cancer has not gotten to her spine. It will be a week & 1/2 before results of the bone marrow are complete. She is in good spirits

Thanks everyone.

Update:

She came through the shunt placement, Chemo treatment and lumbar spinal tap. The tap read clear which means cancer has not gotten to her spine. It will be a week & 1/2 before results of the bone marrow are complete. She is in good spirits
That's great news! And a good start I'm sure

Prayers said and sent

Prayers are coming your family's way and I mean that sincerely. One of my nephews has been having a range of health problems over the last year or so and now is going to be tested for leukemia as well. It's been tough, so I know how you and your family are feeling. Hang in there and stay positive for her.

Never like to hear about cancer for anyone but hate it even more in a child. I will be praying.

Thoughts and prayers are with them!

Sorry to hear this! Prayers sent for you and your family.

Doug,

All the news sounds really positive. Pre B is awesome news and points to a very early detection. Good news and God bless. Email sent with article we discussed.

All our best!

J.

All,
First time I have ever requested this on a forum. And, I never understood why people did it until now. But, our family needs some prayers.

Yesterday, my 12 yr old (great) niece was diagnosed with Leukemia. She is in surgery today to apply stent for chemo, spinal tap and 1st round of chemo. From what family members have told me, her type of cancer is 85-90% curable, involvding a 2/5 year process. Being a 12 year old girl, the only thing she cared about was losing all of her hair. Typical almost teenager. haha!

If anyone could also provide me with additional information regarding this, other then the wiki page for this type of cancer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Terribly sorry to hear this. Glad to hear the bit of good news already. Johnny Mojo obviously has an inside track from his wife's research. Others on here too. You can get great support through this site; I & others have been held in the long internet arms of THP. Sounds goofy, but has been a great thing for me.

How are things going with your niece?

Doug,
Thanks for the report and the good news about her making it thru the first steps. I'll be praying for her and all of her family and the attending physicians. I've learned and know that God is able and He cares about and is involved in every detail.

Thanks everyone.

Update:

I just saw this thread, I am so sorry to hear about this. This stuff is hard enough to deal with in general, but with kids, man that's tough. Really good to hear she is in good spirits. I'm a believer that that can truly help in these situations. Good luck to her and your family, good vibes coming your way.

Sending thought and healing prayers to your neice and family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers sent, thanks for the bumps.

How are things going with your niece?

I should get an update this week. I know she's carrying on like a normal teen, hanging out with friends and posting photos.

It's been a rough month for us. Along with the above, we had another friend pass away and my CIO passed away this past w/e. I've been complaining the last couple of months about a departmental reorg we've been going thru at work and getting moved from an office to a cubicle. Makes me realize how lucky I really am, when having less office space is near the top of my current issues.

I'll post the update once I get it. Thanks again to everyone.

Back