Grips.. Which are the "tackiest"??

fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been using Tour Velvet jumbo grips for some time now. I had a set installed last week and they didn't feel as "comfortable" or tacky as they have in the past. The Tour Velvet wraps don't work for me at all. What grips are recommended by the fine folks on here. I see Tacki Mack are a good buy but don't know how they would work. I am also looking at the Winn Excell Jumbo wraps.

Thanks for the input guys and gals!

:drinks:

Pure and Winn grips have the most tack feel to me.

Winn dri tac all day everyday. For me they give the best tac along with a more comfortable soft feel.

In my experience, the tackiest grips I've ever used, are the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound. The tackiness at times felt like super super fine grit sand paper, and it lasted for a while.

Winn dri tac all day everyday. For me they give the best tac along with a more comfortable soft feel.

^These felt great, just a little more than I wanted to spend(I think $7 a piece) and they don't make undersized for a .600 shaft. I went with Winn Excel's, no complaints but I think I'd prefer the dri tac's.

The tackiest grips I've felt to date are the Pure grips.

Iomic Sticky is the tackiest grip I've used. I love it on my driver very comfortable as well.

I have been checking them all out. I forgot to add I use Jumbo grips. I see not all are available in the larger size. Those Iomic Stickys are severely over priced!!!! lol

I was going to say Iomic's but since they are over priced in your eye's I would say get some pure grips and build them up

In my experience, the tackiest grips I've ever used, are the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound. The tackiness at times felt like super super fine grit sand paper, and it lasted for a while.

+1 they're the best

Sent from my DROID X2

I was going to say Iomic's but since they are over priced in your eye's I would say get some pure grips and build them up

Sorry, Am I looking at the wrong ones or are they about $300 for 13?

Sorry, Am I looking at the wrong ones or are they about $300 for 13?

About 150, Insane expensive IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't cheap I agree and to do a full set it would be hard to pull the trigger but I think long term they are worth it. I also like the Taci-mac product's.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap for me.

Golf pride tour wrap 2g is by far the tackiest, especially for the price. Other than that I can only think of iomic sticky 2.3

My experience with Taci-Mac was that they were nice and tacky until it got hot. Same with 2G's. They are fine until you get some moisture on there.

Dri-Tac's are a soft and tacky material. Hard to go wrong with Lamkin R.E.L. 3Gens as well. I'm also a fan of Lamkin Performance Plus 3Gen. I would call NDMC's tacky as much as I would call them abrasive. They work well, but to me, tacky is more a description of stickiness.

Tackimac Itomics, really cheap and really sticky and aren't harsh on the hands like some cord grips.

Tacky, abrasive, rough.... I am just looking for a grip that I do not have to "squeeze" to hang on to. I see some of the grips mentioned do not come in jumbo. If I thought the Iomics would last, they might not be a bad investment. Mine usually get replaced every couple of months. I see you just wash the Tacki Macs and they are suppose to last for years. Sounds to good to be true..

Though my new grips are less than 2 weeks old, they gotta go.....

I use Winn oversize grips. While I wouldn't necessarily call them tacky, I have no problem having a good secure grip without squeezing.

My opinion isn't there are better options than the Tacki-Macs based on my time with them. Im sure opinions will vary though.

Posted via tapatalk.

I've got pure grips on my irons and ndmc's on my wedges. The pures stay a consistent tacky. The ndmc's start out tackier than the pures but get slick quicker IMO, especially in high humidity

PURE Grips for sure! Especially the wraps. Very similar to the Golf Pride Tour Wraps, if not tackier, but last a billion times longer.

Update..... For the record,,, Grips are VERY important to me. I golf with one arm. Add to that I had surgery on my had less than 2 months ago. I found the grips I have used for the last 5 or 6 years too hard. After a round of golf my hand hurt like a biotch the next day. It hurt enough that I had to golf every other day. It sucked... I had been accustom to golfing 5 or 6 days a week with no problem.

After reviewing all the posts again, going online to the manufacture's sites and doing some online pricing, I headed out this morning to check the grips out and see what they actually felt like. As stated in an earlier post, I use/need jumbo grips. Not all the grips I wanted to check out were available locally.. This cut down my choices a tad. After stopping at 3 different stores, I decided on the Winn Dri Tac oversize grips and replaced ALL of the ones I had installed 2 weeks ago. (yeah, I paid more than I should have but I was desperate) I came home and hit the course and played 6 holes. I can tell you all it was a great investment! The grip was fine and most of all, they absorbed most of the shock that was beating up my hand. No pain at all when making contact!!!

I am not sure how long these grips last. I might try the "lights" next time.. In any case, I am ready for our match tomorrow. The "comfort" difference was amazing!!

Thanks guys!!:drinks:

Back