The Milwaukee Area Thread

Splendorlex

Reaction score
Handicap
40+
As I am heading further into the Great White North, from the WI-IL border area into Milwaukee. How's the golf in those parts? I'm well aware of the Geneva area stuff, and Kenosha county, but what about further north? Any Milwaukee area THPers?

p.s. I swear I searched and found nothing. Maybe the Milwaukee thread was just really old and not much used. Well, now Milwaukee will have a talker!

I'm usually in Milwaukee twice per year for business. Haven't played golf out there yet, but I'd like to next year during my visits.

I have family in the Sussex / Waukesha area. I get up that way a couple times/year and try to get out with my Dad and Nephew. We've played Songbird Hills a bunch of times. I think it's a nice little course. Silver Springs is nice, and the courses at Kettle Hills I've enjoyed too. I was up there in May and Dad and I went and played Scenic View out in Slinger. That place was a goat patch back in the early 70s when I was learning to golf. The trees have matured nicely and they've done a really nice job with it over the years. It was a nice treat for both of us.

Anyone have any feedback on Petrifying Springs in Kenosha? I'm playing there Sunday morning.

Anyone have any feedback on Petrifying Springs in Kenosha? I'm playing there Sunday morning.

Short and traditional. Won't play over 6000 yards, but I have enjoyed the course a couple of times. A few elevation changes and hills, which is unusual for courses in our area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thought I'd bump this to see if there are any MKE folks hiding out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Maybe time for a Wisconsin thread as we are soon to become a golf Mecca ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe time for a Wisconsin thread as we are soon to become a golf Mecca ...

I am drooling at the thought of the Sand Valley project...drooling. With the stable of gca's Keiser has been pulling from it should offer a great contrast to the other high end options in WI.

If you guys start a Wisconsin thread that might seriously hurt the action over in the Chicago area thread...a lot of good input from the Wisconsin contingent.:act-up:

Where's the Milwaukee thread? Is this it? :)

Counting the days for sand valley. Can't wait for that type of course. Sounds affordable and it'd be a short drive!

Sorry for the ignorance, but what are you guys taking about? I don't really keep up with golf news.

Banding dunes owner is building a new course in wisconsin rapids. 2016 opening

Google sand valley and a journal sentinel article should pop ip

Yeah, once you mentioned sand valley I figured out out. Sounds awesome!

I hear whistling is building another course to keep up with Sand Valley.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

That's the talk. Just south of Sheboygan proper and right next to the state park on Michigan.

I work in milw. but usually play several courses north and west of there...

Any thoughts on The Bog or The Bull at Pinehurst Farms? Planning on playing both this summer.

I work in milw. but usually play several courses north and west of there...

What are some of the places you play in and around Milwaukee? I'm hoping for forgiving courses that are a good value. Maybe I could play a high-end course here or there, but I feel my money is wasted there. (Though I do get more strokes for my dollar!)

Any thoughts on The Bog or The Bull at Pinehurst Farms? Planning on playing both this summer.

Both are top notch. Bogs on my places to play list, bull is a great layout

I hear Washington County is a nice course also... Arthur hills design I believe

Bull is amazing...I think it should get much more notoriety than it does.

I picked up preseason discount deals on both courses. Already excited about what's in store later this summer!

Washington co. is a nice links style course nice and open but keep it in the fareway. Scenic view, Hawthorne hills, Fireridge, Camalot, Town and country are only a few of the courses in my rotation....

The early talk is this would be another Pete Dye course, 3 or 4 holes on lake Mi. For being all Pete Dye now, I wouldn't say Kohler lacks variety in its golf. I would be interested to see what he does with another good piece of land given the sheer variety of his work.

The early talk is this would be another Pete Dye course, 3 or 4 holes on lake Mi. For being all Pete Dye now, I wouldn't say Kohler lacks variety in its golf. I would be interested to see what he does with another good piece of land given the sheer variety of his work.

I know that this is a resort course but it'd be sure nice to have something sub 150 of quality. Kohler is basically off the list except for the end of the season when the meadow valley and Irish course are 88 or so...

Back