The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned this on a few minutes ago. And yeah, those are some FUGLY uniforms.

Big rumors up here that Gronk broke his forearm in the 4th quarter today, not confirmed by the Patriots yet. Hernandez is also injured right now, will be interesting to see that offense without a good tight end on it.

That's a tough one for the Pats. I wonder what he's doing on the field for an extra point up 35 points with 4 minutes to go.

I love these uniforms. Ya'll are nuts.

Just turned this on a few minutes ago. And yeah, those are some FUGLY uniforms.

Yup my ranking is this
1. Eagles with the yellow and baby blue
2. Steelers prison
3. Bronco's with the vertical stripes on the socks.
God awful no thanks NFL.

That's a tough one for the Pats. I wonder what he's doing on the field for an extra point up 35 points with 4 minutes to go.

Blocking on an extra point, apparently.

Leftwich looks like a zombie out there. It's kind of awkward

This is a good challenge. They are going to get the first down on this one.

I love you, Mike Tomlin. Man's got balls.

I think most coaches would have gone for that. Looked like an easy call
But it's a spot. There's no science to it. There's no rule for it. They could spot it and still be short and then you lose a timeout.

I'm going to beat the crap out of Torrey Smith. 0 catches!?!?! WTF

I'm going to beat the crap out of Torrey Smith. 0 catches!?!?! WTF
Ike Taylor is really stepping it up for us tonight. I love it.

I see they are putting both Taylor and Clark on him all night.

I see they are putting both Taylor and Clark on him all night.
The last figure they showed had Ike paired on him 14 times and only 4 with help.

Terrible offsides. Inexcusable.

Especially from 2 veterans...

And with it being 3rd and 7. Yeah, the pressure would be nice, but Baltimore was obviously going to pass. Trust the secondary to do their job.

Ha Leftwich to lead the steelers to a late round push. Might as well call it

I really wish these two teams could be in the super bowl..

Glad Baltimore won this one. Not that I like the Ravens much, but it was the lesser of the two.

Glad Baltimore won this one. Not that I like the Ravens much, but it was the lesser of the two.

I'm kind of a Ravens fan, you know. After the Titans they're my boys! I dunno why, but they are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just wait until the real Henne shows up next week. I just saw his stat line, that can't be real today.

Here's what went down with Henne today. Started off 12-16. Finished 4-17. At least 120 of his yards were YAC on plays by the receivers, not from spectacular throws. The 67 TD by Shorts was an 8-yard hitch route, bad tackle angle by the CB, juke by Shorts, up the sideline for a TD. The 81-yarder to Blackmon was a 20 yard pass on 3rd and 21 into triple coverage, the defenders bounced off of each other as Blackmon made a spin move, and he took off for the score. Take away the YAC on those two plays alone and Henne has 230 yards. Very Gabbert like, right down to the 48% completion percentage. When the team needed a first down or two in the 4th quarter he couldn't pass his way out of a paper bag.

The problem is this: you invested the 10th pick in Gabbert. You need to know for sure he can't get any better before you drop him and start over. Henne has more experience and may be better in a single game right now, but is he the long term answer? History in Miami would say no, and his history with the Jaguars would say no except for the game yesterday. Reports all year have been that Gabbert is clearly better than Henne in practice and Henne's previous action in game this year has been poor (he was terrbile in 3 quarters against the Raiders a few weeks ago).

Gabbert may not be the long term answer but neither is Henne. They're the same guy for the most part. Henne is the better deep thrower but also has tended to throw a lot of interceptions. Gabbert hasn't been able to break his college quick sideways throwing ways to push the ball down the field but also doesn't make many bad decisions and doesn't throw a lot of bad picks. Similar completion percentages.

Sadly, there is no sure-fire Luck-like QB coming out that we could take with our impending #2 overall pick in the spring... :-/

While all of that may be true, there is one major difference. Henne got the ball to those receivers to make plays, where as Gabbert has continually failed at doing so since coming into the league. Will he get better? Maybe, maybe not, and Henne may not be the long term solution, however in today's day and age in the NFL, you have to give yourself the best chance to succeed each week.

Here's what went down with Henne today. Started off 12-16. Finished 4-17. At least 120 of his yards were YAC on plays by the receivers, not from spectacular throws. The 67 TD by Shorts was an 8-yard hitch route, bad tackle angle by the CB, juke by Shorts, up the sideline for a TD. The 81-yarder to Blackmon was a 20 yard pass on 3rd and 21 into triple coverage, the defenders bounced off of each other as Blackmon made a spin move, and he took off for the score. Take away the YAC on those two plays alone and Henne has 230 yards. Very Gabbert like, right down to the 48% completion percentage. When the team needed a first down or two in the 4th quarter he couldn't pass his way out of a paper bag.

The problem is this: you invested the 10th pick in Gabbert. You need to know for sure he can't get any better before you drop him and start over. Henne has more experience and may be better in a single game right now, but is he the long term answer? History in Miami would say no, and his history with the Jaguars would say no except for the game yesterday. Reports all year have been that Gabbert is clearly better than Henne in practice and Henne's previous action in game this year has been poor (he was terrbile in 3 quarters against the Raiders a few weeks ago).

Gabbert may not be the long term answer but neither is Henne. They're the same guy for the most part. Henne is the better deep thrower but also has tended to throw a lot of interceptions. Gabbert hasn't been able to break his college quick sideways throwing ways to push the ball down the field but also doesn't make many bad decisions and doesn't throw a lot of bad picks. Similar completion percentages.

Sadly, there is no sure-fire Luck-like QB coming out that we could take with our impending #2 overall pick in the spring... :-/
And there lies the issue. When you have a QB controversy and your options are Gabbert and Henne, it's more than just a controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back