What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out on another perfect day in Southeast Texas....78*...sunny and a light wind...Gotta love playing golf in shorts in mid November!

I am really struggling with my mid to long irons right now....this new flatter swing is working fine with Driver and FW and shorter irons and wedges....but mid irons and hybrids I am hitting thin almost all the time.

Had a great scoring round, but it was thanks to my scrambling and putting

41/41 = 82

7/13 Fairways
4 GIR
28 putts
1 sand save
2 penalty strokes

You can tell where my struggles were....only 4 GIR.....but my wedge game and putter saved me.....I made 3 putts over 20 feet today. Even though I only hit 7 fairways, there was 2 or 3 that I was just off the fairway and not in any trouble at all.....really need some work on the irons.

That's a pretty darn solid score for 4 GIRs dude!!!

Played 9 and shot 45. Not terrible considering its only my second round in a month.

73. Lincoln Oaks. Crete, IL

hmmmmm.....2 puttin4birds.....weird

Practice this week paid off for me. Broke 40 on nine holes for the first time and finished with an 81 (+9) from 6,236 yards. It was bordering on freezing out there for awhile, but once the sun got up in the sky it wasn't so bad at all. Love this course because it treats me well and lets me go off first if I call and ask. Finished in less that three hours.

10 Bogeys
7 Pars
1 Birdie

8 Fairways
5 Greens
31 putts
4/13 (31%) on up and downs (one was for a bogey).

Biggest thing today was that I went +1 on the par 3's and even on par 5's. Drove the ball well - 8 fairways, but never had any truly big misses. Wedges were decent, though I feel like they could have been better. Irons were average at best, but misses weren't bad.

Nice round Hawk.....that 79 is just right around the corner for you buddy!

That's a pretty darn solid score for 4 GIRs dude!!!

Thanks bro.....28 putts helps....lots of scrambling for par or bogey

Hell yes Hawk! Sub 80 is right there for the taking buddy, go get it.

*knuckles*

Thanks Tim. Not so bad yourself! We are some scrambling fools, aren't we?

Posted via tapatalk.

Thanks Tim. Not so bad yourself! We are some scrambling fools, aren't we?

Posted via tapatalk.

Yep....the difference is we are used to scrambling...but for doubles...hehe

so when we get better off the tee and things those scrambles turn into bogeys and pars...hehe

Nice round today, TBT!

I had a fun round today. 8 pars and a bogey on the front (missed a four footer uphill for par) with 8/9 GIRs (and the 9th on the fringe).

Then started out awesome on the back with three straight birds and lipped the next hole for bird to go to 3 under! swapped bogey/bird and then went par/double/bogey from there due to some bad luck. In the end, +1 73 with four birds on the backside. A great way to enjoy an absolutely incredible mid November Sunday.

+9/+6 87
4 blow up holes is mind bottling especially when shanks come out of nowhere
the front was horrendous til i got my swing working on #8
6 pars in a row felt great then pow... shizzanks came back
for 2 holes i couldnt hit a shot at all
im surprised im breaking 90 but ill take it

Played in the first round of a 64 man single elimination winter match play event I entered. I got paired against one of the asst club pros. I won 7&6 with a natural 39 on the front including 2 birdies. That felt really good.

Got to play 18 with Jjmorris today. Started out so so, hitting these big ugly high rights with the driver but the irons and short game kept me in it. Back 9 I started off with almost holing a pitch shot for eagle on 10, tap in birdie. Then the driver woke up big time. Par 5 13th hole I left another eagle pitch sitting on the lip, tap in birdie. Came back and birdied the par 5 14th as well. Then finished up 18 with a bomb into the wind, 50 yard pitch shot to about 10 feet and drained that birdie too. 4 birdies on the back 9 along (oh yeah, 4 bogeys too :beat-up: and 1 par). Shot a 74 (+2) on the day.

I've never had 4 birdies in 9 holes before, that was awesome.

AND we got in 18 holes in 2:20!!

I had a fun round today. 8 pars and a bogey on the front (missed a four footer uphill for par) with 8/9 GIRs (and the 9th on the fringe).

Then started out awesome on the back with three straight birds and lipped the next hole for bird to go to 3 under! swapped bogey/bird and then went par/double/bogey from there due to some bad luck. In the end, +1 73 with four birds on the backside. A great way to enjoy an absolutely incredible mid November Sunday.
That's what I am talking about! Nice round Dan!

Was a solid round bro! You had a great day out there. I shot a respectable 87 today.

Since jake was gaming the rocketbladz, I decided to give his j40 CB's a try. Had a case of the shanks with them but hit a few that were solid. They are not for me yet but it was fun to try a different set of irons out. Considering the time of year for us, it was a gorgeous day and a course I have never played before, it was great.

I got in a round with armygolfer77 today at Klipper. After nearly two months off I'd say i shot somewhere in the low 90's if I'd been keeping score. Fairly atrocious overall but not as bad as I'd expected.

The positive note. Armygolfer77 is a good guy. We'll be teeing it up together again soon, hopefully.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone shooting good scores out there today! Especially, Dan, Oregon Golfer, and P4B, VERY STRONG performances by you guys.

Not so good for the ole lefty but maybe I'm turning the corner after two weeks in the high 80s, today was much better on the front before tiring a little on the back. It was a beautiful day and I was able to walk all 18 for the first time in a while. I'm fighting a huge high hook and got by today by living with it when possible. I'm thinking the game will be in order by the second Invitational at MB. 83 (37, 46)

After getting delayed due to heavy frost, I played 9 at Jamestown golf club in RI. Played like crap (again). 49. 20 putts. Nothing was really working and so I try and kill the ball. That is NOT the way to hit your way out of a funk.

Good Job Captn!

Got to play 18 with Jjmorris today. Started out so so, hitting these big ugly high rights with the driver but the irons and short game kept me in it. Back 9 I started off with almost holing a pitch shot for eagle on 10, tap in birdie. Then the driver woke up big time. Par 5 13th hole I left another eagle pitch sitting on the lip, tap in birdie. Came back and birdied the par 5 14th as well. Then finished up 18 with a bomb into the wind, 50 yard pitch shot to about 10 feet and drained that birdie too. 4 birdies on the back 9 along (oh yeah, 4 bogeys too :beat-up: and 1 par). Shot a 74 (+2) on the day.

I've never had 4 birdies in 9 holes before, that was awesome.

AND we got in 18 holes in 2:20!!

Helluva score, Jake!

Very nice round P4B! Gotta love sub 2:30 rounds.
Yeah it was awesome. We flew around, got behind a couple dudes and their daughters at one point and that cost us about 5 minutes or so, once they let us play through we hit high gear.

We need you to come join us sometime! Road trip buddy!

Yeah it was awesome. We flew around, got behind a couple dudes and their daughters at one point and that cost us about 5 minutes or so, once they let us play through we hit high gear.

We need you to come join us sometime! Road trip buddy!

We will get him eventually. He is such a blast to play with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back