What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just range time. Wanted to get a feel for my new irons - and did, can't wait for good enough weather to play again.
Also, tried to learn how to hit a high draw with my driver. Failed on that front ... Low draws or high fades, no high draws

Walked 18 again, was a little stiff from the 36 walk-a-thon yesterday. Was good by second hole.

LtEvO TaPpEd In

Just cleaned my clubs up from a round yesterday, put a couple of sleeves of balls in the bag, cleaned my shoes. All in all, getting ready to head back to GA for Thanksgiving.

Played a round today with armygolfer77. Shot kinda poorly but still had a good time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Played 18 at a new club. My own club had a tournament today so I couldn't get a tee time before 1030 and I wanted to play early so I hit a smaller course about 15 miles from the house. Short, measures 62xx from the tips where I played (that's forward on my home course so why not) and had a pretty good round. No penalties, some nice iron work, but pretty poor with the driver today, one and only good shot was 248 down the middle, the rest were 2 slices and 3 brutal hooks so I broke out the wood and hybrid and played them from the tee on all the other holes.

I picked up my re-gripped irons from PGA Superstore. The Winn Dry Tacs feel good on the clubs. Hopeful to get in 9 holes late tomorrow afternoon if all is quiet on the work front. I'm off on Tues and Wed so will for sure be getting out for 18 each of those days.

Played a round today with armygolfer77. Shot kinda poorly but still had a good time.

was a blast man klipper was such a nice course but also the wind adds some difficulty i deff didnt play well at all but when you go from playing every weekend to not playing for 2 weeks its deff a challenge

was a blast man klipper was such a nice course but also the wind adds some difficulty i deff didnt play well at all but when you go from playing every weekend to not playing for 2 weeks its deff a challenge

I enjoyed it bro. The wind is definitely the thing that makes or breaks your round at that course. Next time we can play Leilehua or Mamala so you'll be closer to your place. Klipper was a bit out of the way for you I'd say.

Hour and a half short game lesson then played 18.

Watched an episode of Big Break Greenbriar. Looked at Golfsmith to see the Titleist 913.

Hadnt planned any golf stuff today as its my birthday and I spent most of it with family.

The wife came through though with a gift card for GolfTown and a little edible golf ball on my cupcake.

My youngest daughter, who is seven, wrote a book to me which includes a picture of us golfing together.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353378533.559185.jpg

I assured the wife this is the perfect birthday present. Now I dont know what I'll buy, but this'll burn a hole in my pocket!

Picked up two putters from the PO, got pic's from Dave at MACHINE on a third, and installed a vibrant black shaft in one of the aforementioned putters (and actually used an ORANGE grip! No idea whats going on with that).

Also, I THP'd my rear end off today.

I impulse-bought a putter, lol. Also I THPed a ton since I was stuck at the airport.

Prep for a friday round at Balamore: I cleaned my clubs, organized my bag, put the GPS on charge and marked some balls.

GolfTEC lesson this morning. The rapidity with which the coaches can get results out of me is extremely impressive.

Sent from my Little Robotic Tether.

Range Today-S.jpg

I hit what was probably too many golf balls today.
I hit about 3 of those huge buckets (each was around half full)

My instructor told me I could come out today they had a pretty quiet day and hit as many as I wanted.
One thing to note is that many of the swings were half swings, working on getting the hips turning / weight transferring / club dropping into the right path

Then moving onto some full swings. That was what we worked on at my last lesson and he told me as soon as the lesson started it would be a building lesson. My back swing and turn were much better but now we've got to get the down swing through impact more solid.

I'm not worried about any scores I might shoot over the next month or so just trying to put a good swing on the ball until I get a good feel for this part of the swing change.

Checked a lot of things out at the pro shop today.
just bought a wedge.
They had 2010 b330-rxs for 19.99

Played 18!!! It was definitely much better than any "black friday" sale!!!

Played 18. Great weather. Played ok. Sadly it might be have been my last round for the year. Its supposed to start getting cold.

I woke up from 2 hours of sleep slightly hungover and made my early morning tee time. I hauled my clubs all the way to Vegas and had never played this course so I was determined not to miss it. I was so tired. How tired you say? Well, upon arriving I walked straight into a bathroom stall to do my business. Upon finishing and walking toward the sink I saw a metal dispenser on the wall and had a self thought along the lines of "What the hell kind of course is this that sells condoms?" I then got close enough to see it was a feminine hygene product dispenser and realized I had 'done damage' to the women's bathroom. Ugh, great way to start a round.

Hahaha, wow.

I woke up from 2 hours of sleep slightly hungover and made my early morning tee time. I hauled my clubs all the way to Vegas and had never played this course so I was determined not to miss it. I was so tired. How tired you say? Well, upon arriving I walked straight into a bathroom stall to do my business. Upon finishing and walking toward the sink I saw a metal dispenser on the wall and had a self thought along the lines of "What the hell kind of course is this that sells condoms?" I then got close enough to see it was a feminine hygene product dispenser and realized I had 'done damage' to the women's bathroom. Ugh, great way to start a round.

Went out to the range and hit 50 balls. Working on straightening out my driver, flattened my swing out a little and I think I finally got it figured out. The last 20 or so I hit were dead straight.

Went up to the golf course today and drove around it. Looks like a minimum of 18 new sand traps, a lot of which are there because of trees being removed. They completely rebuilt hole #8 by moving the tee boxes back and moving the green down the hill by the pond and adding a couple of traps. All of the cart paths are laid out with gravel (they are planning on laying the asphalt in the spring I think).

I can't wait for this thing to open and see what the new course ratings will be. Looks harder to play, but should be a lot easier to find the balls.

Played 18.....was lucky to not lose any $$$ with the way I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back