Is anyone truely ever content and satisfied with thier golf game ?

I am no where near content with my game. I know I can improve every part of it now it is up to me to actually do it. That is what I love about golf it is all on you and what you put into it, if you don't practice you will not get better, if you don't take an honest look at your game to find what needs improvement you will not get better either.

For me I need to set some goals over the winter and work on practicing toward those goals to improve my game for the Spring. Taking apart my game then working things individuality will help me to improve my entire game. First and foremost is my mental game and I dont need a course to practice that.

I pondered this about a year ago when I struggled to break 100. I told myself that if I could ever shoot in the 80's and have several looks at birdies per round i'd be happy. Today, i'm consistently shooting in the mid-low 80's and getting those looks at birdies. Am I content? Hell no. If I play well and flirt with breaking 80 i'm happy but not content and still think about the shots I left out there. If I shoot over about 84 i'm really pissed and that feeling stays with me for a while.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

I,m always having fun while i,m golfing but Im always lookin to improve, even mid round. So basically im never content, im happy that my handicap dropped 2 points this year but im striving for single figures which I know will be hard if not imposs. The goal is always there u know, like the carrot on a stick.

I feel that if I were ever able (after 5 yrs) to hit in the 80's again (and been sooo close) I'd be very happy and satisfied but only if I am able to stay there. And I know even then it probably only last not toooo long because eventually I'd be eyeing up that 79.

I don't believe that anyone that has a single cell of competitive spirit in them that plays the game of golf could ever say, "nah, i'm good, i love where my game is at right now...i wouldn't change a thing"...human nature to be competitive...only difference is in a regular game there's always a winner and a loser, in this game there's always either getting better or getting worse...never stagnant...

I am content in that I have a clear view of my golfing goals that is not driven by outside influence and that I currently possess the physical ability and resources to pursue them. They are appropriately challenging but not unrealistic.

I am not satisfied because I have yet to achieve those goals.

I have had pretty much 2 rounds in my golf "career" where most of my game has come together. I still gave away shots to the course, but I was content at the time. There is always the "what if" after the fact, but I try not to be too hard on my game. I get frustrated at times, but I am fine with my game as is. I wish I was where I was at a few years ago, but it sure gets a lot easier when you can play 4 or 5 times each week.

No....

Nope and that is why it is great!

I've been happy after a good round but am nowhere near content overall. Just don't think it's in the nature of a competitor to be content.

I'm so excited half way through a good round I usually blow it.

I am not content and know I can do better after i look at the score card after every round. There's alot more work to be done .

I've been somewhat happy with the progress I've seen this year but I am far from happy. I know I can do better I just have to put in the time & the work.

NO....I know that I can get better. The problem is trying to find time to improve my game. I play a lot during the summer but just don't have time during the school year to do much.

Happy with my game? Yes

Satisfied with my game? No

The competitor in me always wants to play a little better.

I don't believe that anyone that has a single cell of competitive spirit in them that plays the game of golf could ever say, "nah, i'm good, i love where my game is at right now...i wouldn't change a thing"...human nature to be competitive...only difference is in a regular game there's always a winner and a loser, in this game there's always either getting better or getting worse...never stagnant...

Agree 100% Gio - ALWAYS room to improve!! I shot my best ever 2 weeks ago, a 78, and all I could think and talk about after the round was the 2 birdie putts I left just short, 1 that lipped out, and the 3 putt I had from 15' on #17!

I am very content with my game. Currently I carry low hdcp, I have a blast when I play and I through in an occasional special, low round. I don't have a great deal of free time for golf so I am content.

Now if I was able to practice everyday and get back to 'plus' status and didn't, I'd be very disappointed with my game.
But I don't have that time and make due with what I have.

I am very content with my game this year. I have played to under a 5 handicap for quite a few months and considering that I work full time I am very pleased. Realistically I am not sure how much better I can be playing once a week and playing so many new courses too.

Not content or satisfied. I have a vague notion of what my potential is, and I believe it will take another 3-4 years to get there. If I make it, I will be satisfied and if I can maintain that level of play I will be content. Assuming that I don't convince myself in the meantime that my potential is better than I think it is now.

I see golf being very similar to playing an instrument where you (me) always want to get better.

Yup, I would have to agree with this as well and I am the same when I play badminton

I'm not content at all with my game, and I don't think I'll ever be really. As I progress I'll always meet someone better and I'll always try to beat them, it may not be appearant to anyone that that's what I'm trying to do lol but be assured that's what I'm trying to do. I seem to get to a point that looks promising with the game and all is going well, and then I'll throw up a really stupid score out of nowhere, Happened yesterday. So back to the drawing board I go, I want to be the best I can be and I want to see how good I can get.

I'm not content at all with my game, and I don't think I'll ever be really. As I progress I'll always meet someone better and I'll always try to beat them, it may not be appearant to anyone that that's what I'm trying to do lol but be assured that's what I'm trying to do. I seem to get to a point that looks promising with the game and all is going well, and then I'll throw up a really stupid score out of nowhere, Happened yesterday. So back to the drawing board I go, I want to be the best I can be and I want to see how good I can get.

Ya see now I never worry about beating whom ever i play with. I feel as you do but the only thing I look to beat and be better than is my own old low score. Its always myself vs the golf course no matter what. Even if playing friendly comp for buck a hole or so. Its still more important for me to beat the course and my old best much more so than winning or losing to a buddy. I could be up a few bucks at the end but be pissed i left too many shots out there or I can be down few bucks but yet be very happy I played well.

I'm not going to be content or satisfied at all until i at least get back to where I once was. Then I'll see what happens once there. That would surely satisfy me at least for now for a little while

I am absolutely content and satisfied with my golf game. Does this mean I'm not competitive or don't want to get better...nope it means I realize what I am. A guy that plays golf for fun who doesn't have the time to invest hours in to getting better. I have family, work, school and other hobbies that take up most of my time.

I watch the pros shoot 60 one weekend and then shoot an 80 the next weekend. My scores this year ranged from a low of 79 to a high of 101. That's the same 20 shot difference the pro had and he practices for hours and hours. From 6200 yards, I will shoot between 87-91 for 9 out of 10 rounds. I am satisfied with that for the amount of time I play and the practice I put in.

I am not content with my game or where it is at. I left the course my last two times out satisfied that I was able to shoot new lows for me at both those courses who usually beat me up and take my beer money. But content I was not as I left some stokes out there on the course that I honestly shouldn't have.

I don't think I will ever be content with my golf game or in life. Because I believe when one becomes content they have stopped trying and have given up on improving.

Back