Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has some issues with ND playing in the BCS national championship game but I will probably cheer for them due to my extreme hatred for everything Bammer. The 4 team playoff that will be effective in 2014 will ensure ND has to play a real team before being selected to play in the national title game and I can't wait.

I don't see how anyone can have a legitimate argument on why ND should not be in the national championship. And they had a few "real" teams on their schedule that they beat this year. Alabama will win the NC, but Notre Dame is more than deserving to be where they are at right now.

I think he made a huge mistake. If he is crying about Urban Meyer and his recruiting he hasn't seen anything yet. He's in way over his head.

Huge mistake. He had it made at Madison. He had success and a reasonable level of expectation. On top of that, the recruiting pool in Madison is actually really good. The cheese state will always produce solid olineman. Just fine a decent back and you will have success. Even PJ Hill was a good back at Madison.

Maybe Bret realized that JJ Watt only had one more brother, so he figured his days were numbered.

I don't see how anyone can have a legitimate argument on why ND should not be in the national championship. And they had a few "real" teams on their schedule that they beat this year. Alabama will win the NC, but Notre Dame is more than deserving to be where they are at right now.
I agree. ND is deserving to be in the game, they didnt lose a game on their schedule, they deserve to be there.

This is not me saying that they are a great team, but, they didnt lose.

Huge mistake. He had it made at Madison. He had success and a reasonable level of expectation. On top of that, the recruiting pool in Madison is actually really good. The cheese state will always produce solid olineman. Just fine a decent back and you will have success. Even PJ Hill was a good back at Madison.

Maybe Bret realized that JJ Watt only had one more brother, so he figured his days were numbered.

But it is no comparison to that of Texas and that is where Arkansas should be headed.

But it is no comparison to that of Texas and that is where Arkansas should be headed.

For skill position players I agree. But the pool of offensive lineman in wisconsin is pretty strong. Just keep the lineman in state and a coach can win plenty of games. It's how Alverez built the program.

For skill position players I agree. But the pool of offensive lineman in wisconsin is pretty strong. Just keep the lineman in state and a coach can win plenty of games. It's how Alverez built the program.

No doubt about that, but don't discount the oline talent that comes out of the surrounding states in Arkansas as well as Texas as well. Its a huge pool of players.

No doubt about that, but don't discount the oline talent that comes out of the surrounding states in Arkansas as well as Texas as well. Its a huge pool of players.

Oh yes it is. No doubt. But now he will have to recruit against all of those surrounding schools.

I agree. ND is deserving to be in the game, they didnt lose a game on their schedule, they deserve to be there.

This is not me saying that they are a great team, but, they didnt lose.

Agreed, they'll probably show up with a lack luster performance and lose, but they deserve to be there more than any other team in the nation, they won every game they played!

So the VT jet flew from Blacksburg to Opelika yesterday... Wonder what we're up to

xbCCW.png

So the VT jet flew from Blacksburg to Opelika yesterday... Wonder what we're up to

xbCCW.png

Probably going to hire Chizik for D Coordinator

...or there to visit Rueben Foster.

Probably going to hire Chizik for D Coordinator

...or there to visit Rueben Foster.

Bud Foster is one of the best DCs in the country. Unless he is going somewhere (which is super unlikely), I find it hard to believe we are gunning for Chizik.

Or he loved the Arkansas money more. He went from a BCS contender to a team that will never be better than 3rd in it's own division. Granted that's what Wisco was this year, Arkansas could only offer him something that WI couldn't. Greenbacks.

The same thing was said about Spurrier going to South Carolina and they are now pretty much on the same level as Florida and Georgia. Who knows what the future holds. Heck, the Vols and SC could be the cream of the SEC East crop in a few years.
As for the SEC West, if Saban ever leaves Bama, that ship could easily veer off course.

Bud Foster is one of the best DCs in the country. Unless he is going somewhere (which is super unlikely), I find it hard to believe we are gunning for Chizik.
It was a joke.

Also, there is a High School Coaches convention in Auburn today, a lot of Coaches from many different programs come to it and talk with High School coaches about all sorts of different things on running their programs, how to manage a team, etc etc.

It was a joke.

Also, there is a High School Coaches convention in Auburn today, a lot of Coaches from many different programs come to it and talk with High School coaches about all sorts of different things on running their programs, how to manage a team, etc etc.

Hmmm that's interesting. Maybe I'm getting all worked up over nothing haha. There have been a lot of murmurs of coaching changes at Tech so everyone is looking for any signs of anything.

xbCCW.png

Not sure I knew you could do that! Interesting stuff. Maybe plotting with Auburn to work together and knock us off first thing next season?

I don't have any problem with what Georgia is doing, I just get sick of the assumption that Alabama is the only one who is doing things within the letter (but maybe not the spirit) of the rules. I mean, the SEC put oversigning rules in place because Ole Miss signed like 38 players one year.

The way Saban gets to 85 players on the roster every year is the only problem I have with him. He signs 25-30 a year and gives current players that don't live up to his standards two choices, transfer or take a medical hardship. This isn't the NFL it's college football. You can't "cut" players because you did a poor job of evaluating them coming out of high school. Saban is a great coach, but his meat market mentality is what's bad with big time college football today.

Not sure I knew you could do that! Interesting stuff. Maybe plotting with Auburn to work together and knock us off first thing next season?

I sure hope so! I lived in Huntsville last year so I know tons of people who will be going to ATL for the game. Rammer Jammer on the Irish!

I love it. You could not respond to any of the real posts showing facts, stats and other things so put up this. I would bet the farm I was right on the age factor, so with that being said, I will bow out of this one. AND FWIW, no SEC fan here, I went to an ACC school.
what? did you read any of my posts? all ive been saying is facts, and stats. what does age have anything to do with it? Because i wasnt alive when the longest continuing rivalry in college football started in 1927 (nd vs navy), i somehow dont know anything about college football? Your question is what makes a rivalry. History, thats what makes a rivalry game. Rivalries dont have to be about hate. But we have those too.

You want to talk about overrated? Manti fits that bill.
For sure, other than leading the #1 defense in the nation, and being a saint. What else does the guy have to do? Im not saying he will win a Heisman but the kid is an outstanding person.

Disclaimer... for all Notre Dame fans out there. I hate Notre Dame with a passion. That's all there is to it. Nothing will ever change my views on them. If you are a Notre Dame fan then I am of course going to try and mess with you as much as I can. It's all just playful banter as you are a THP'er and that trumps the fact that you have made a mistake in life by choosing to be a Catfighting Irish fan. I mean no disrespect to any of you while I trash your team on here. As well I will take no offense to you talking smack about my Vols...heck, they deserve it right now!!!

Just wanted to get that out there as I see that it's been getting a bit ugly in here. It's all fun and my love for a THP'er of any type outweighs my disdain for your team. No hard feelings please! Thank you!!!
I wouldnt have it any other way. I expect any real fan to step up and support their team. Although i didnt make the choice of being a notre dame fan. I was born this way. :friends:

As I said, I will bow out of this one. I hope you guys on both sides enjoy the game. Sometimes all you can do is smile, nod and agree to disagree on what the definition of a fact is. :D

And FWIW, Navy & Notre Dame do not have the Longest continuous rivalry.

And FWIW, Navy & Notre Dame do not have the Longest continuous rivalry.

And its not even close. Does it even make the top 25?

The way Saban gets to 85 players on the roster every year is the only problem I have with him. He signs 25-30 a year and gives current players that don't live up to his standards two choices, transfer or take a medical hardship. This isn't the NFL it's college football. You can't "cut" players because you did a poor job of evaluating them coming out of high school. Saban is a great coach, but his meat market mentality is what's bad with big time college football today.

Actually you can (again within the letter of the rules, maybe not the spirit). The SEC schools individually determine whether they are offering guaranteed 4 year scholarships or 1 year renewable scholarships...Alabama gives 1 year renewable scholarships.

TH - The stat he's selectively choosing is the longest CONTINUOUS rivalry. All of those must have taken a year off or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back