Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Nike

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Wilson

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the knee jerk answer here is Callaway, but even when struggling their market share was what many other companies would consider good IMO. BUT, I think its Cobra hands down, they've made pretty damn huge strides since the "changeover" from what many consider the "old man" King Cobra days.

This. This is exactly what i was thinking.

Callaway and Cobra for me. Two companies that were more known for their stuff in the 80's and 90's, and for an older generation of golfers. A complete 180 turn on that and now their lines are incredible. Sharp, colorful, sleek, long, still longer, and new feeling. It's going to be a great year for both companies in 2014!

Definitely a battle between Cobra and Callaway for me, and probably in that order. I really like how I hit the ACP irons and if I had the funds, the 3/4 hybo would be in my bag. Callaway I think started out a little ahead of where Cobra was, but I think Cobra has closed that gap a little bit, meaning that both companies made some outstanding improvements this year. I think the clear cut winner here is the consumer: With more quality options comes better performance and more to talk about!

If we are looking at strictly from 2012 line to 2013 line, it's obviously Callaway in my eyes. Aside for the marketing, they made some seriously awesome clubs. If you look at Cobra, they improved most in 2012 with the AMP line. They've just built on that with the AMP Cell. While the AMP Cell is a great line, it wasn't as much of a step forward as Callaway.

I'm not sure I could disagree more with this... The Amp was a stepping stone, no doubt, but Amp Cell Pro irons? That gauntlet of awesome driver/woods/hybrids? SmartPad? MyFly?

Callaway made incredible strides, but I'd game ACPs over X Forged. Take it back a year from that, I'd game an entire bag of Callaway over Cobra without batting an eye.

I'm not sure I could disagree more with this... The Amp was a stepping stone, no doubt, but Amp Cell Pro irons? That gauntlet of awesome driver/woods/hybrids? SmartPad? MyFly?

Callaway made incredible strides, but I'd game ACPs over X Forged. Take it back a year from that, I'd game an entire bag of Callaway over Cobra without batting an eye.

Agree to disagree. I loved the AMP line (aside for the Irons). In the same year, I really didn't like the Razr Fit stuff. Now, I love Callaway. I went from a dislike to a like. I always liked Cobra. The question was most improved, and in my eyes, Callaway improved the most.

The irons question is strange for me. I really liked both. I'm not sure which one I'd game at the moment if I had the choice. It would be tough, but my gut would go with the X Forged.

Callaway. The XHot line is quite sweet.

For me Callaway has to be the most improved. When Callaway was mentioned in the past my first reaction was "Old mans clubs". That is certainly not the case any longer. After hitting the Optiforce, and RFX, With the anticipation of trying the Apex line, I'm really stoked about the new lineup.

I voted for Callaway, but Cobra to me would have been a close second. I think everyone else would be distant behind these two.

I keep going between Callaway and Cobra for my pick. Really both weren't high on my radar at the beginning of 2013 and that has changed considerably. Hit the Amp Cell driver this summer at a Demo Day and it has had me pondering since. Callaway's products as well as their involvement in social media has really caught my eye. Plus I hit the MackDaddy 2s the other day and there might be new love affair blossoming.

Either way, I have been really impressed with both.

I am not surprised that Callaway and Cobra have run away with this poll. Only one vote each for a couple of the other companies.

Makes me wonder if these companies see this at all. It's about as unbiased as feedback can get.

I'm not surprised either, but IMO those 2 companies needed improvement, maybe more than others did. Callaway had gotten stale and Cobra really hasn't had much going for them prior to last season.

I'm not surprised either, but IMO those 2 companies needed improvement, maybe more than others did. Callaway had gotten stale and Cobra really hasn't had much going for them prior to last season.

I agree with this. And with Cobra this year it was kind of wondering where they were going to take this Cobra/Puma bright colors and boldness thing, turns out they took it the right places IMO.

Do any of y'all view improvement like handicaps? For example, it is easier to go from a 20 to a 10 handicap than it is to go from a 5 to a 0..... Just a thought I had.

Do any of y'all view improvement like handicaps? For example, it is easier to go from a 20 to a 10 handicap than it is to go from a 5 to a 0..... Just a thought I had.

You know, this is a valid point.

It would be like looking at it that Callaway has a larger market share to start and some would say more general brand recognition through things like advertising dollars so it could be easier for them to gain based off of the recognition they have to start. Whereas you could say with cobra they are smaller and have a smaller share and it could be much harder for them to get their foot further into the door to gain a larger piece of the pie.

I like that analogy dude.

Of course, you could flip it and go the other way with the companies based on that too....very interesting.

I feel like Mizuno has to be in the discussion now that they have an adjustable driver. Ive been hearing a lot of great things about the new JPX Fli-Hi hybrids too. Im probably going to pick one up this winter.

as unbiased as i can be, i have to say Cobra.
in my eyes, they really took next to nothing and made it something.

Callaway would be a very close 2nd. very close. the changes implemented within that organization have been mind blowingly beneficial to their overall business model.

Cobra. Not because their equipment improved but because they got into the hands of players more and an improved marketing campaign.

Cobra. Not because their equipment improved but because they got into the hands of players more and an improved marketing campaign.

Basically the same reason that I voted for Cobra.

Both Cobra and Cally have done a great job from a marketing standpoint. And I can honestly say the new Apex irons are the first offering from Cally that I've wanted to at the very least try...

I am not surprised that Callaway and Cobra have run away with this poll. Only one vote each for a couple of the other companies.

Makes me wonder if these companies see this at all. It's about as unbiased as feedback can get.

Exactly. To me, no one else was close. If this was last year, I would have said TaylorMade with RBZ being introduced. This year, as far as strides FORWARD it was one either Cobra or Callaway.

To me it was Cobra out front by quite a ways. I honestly thought the Amp line was pretty good and the Amp Cell line built on it. I don't know if it was the orange and marketing that initially turned people off, or people just gravitating towards them late in the season or what exactly, but I felt like Cobra's momentum actually started late last season. There was already some buzz and then when the Cell hit people were ready to consider Cobra that hadn't before.

I saw a lot more Cobra gear in sigs on THP, other sites, Cobras doing well in testing, and more Cobra out on the course. I don't know about profitability and market share, but they seemed to make progress in other areas.

Callaway's X Hot line was second. I didn't think the high end stuff was as enticing.

Another vote for Cobra/Puma. They really stepped it up with the MyFly tech and the entire line was solid. Something for everyone plus they took personalization to a new level.

I agree Cobra made a huge leap forward with the Amp Cell line.

A tough choice for me between Cally and Cobra, but Cobra gets my vote. Cally, even though they have improved leaps and bounds this year, has always been a big dog in the golf equipment game. Cobra, at least for me, was an afterthought equipment wise until the Amp/Amp Cell line of clubs. They really made a huge splash in the market and I now see Cobra equipment in quite a few more pro shops, THP signatures, and on the course.

What Cobra has done the past two years in rebranding itself has to be applauded. They feel successful.

I think the nod goes to Cobra for a few reasons. I'll give a special mention to Tour Edge Exotics because their XCG-6 line is deadly and their XCG-5 line was lacking in every respect.
I know I'm in the minority here but I just wasn't feeling the Callaway gear this year. The 'Xtreme' line was a step backwards for me and the X-Hot line was good, but hardly something revolutionary. Not to mention the fact that I was really high on Callaway a year ago so it's hard for me to call them "most improved". The highlights for Callaway are the Optiforce and the X-Hot irons but I guess the Optiforce is a 2014 product? Don't get me wrong, Callaway makes some awesome gear but I just didn't feel like it was head and shoulders above anything else available.

Cobra on the other hand, WOW! 9 months ago I wouldn't even walk through the Cobra aisle at my local Golf Town and fast forward to today where I want to offload my Titleist woods/hybos for some Amp Cells. I think they snuck up on the golf industry with the best woods in 2013 from driver on down. Additionally, I would game the Amp Cell or the Amp Cell Pro irons in a heartbeat.

Back