2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a Planet Fitness about 15-20 minutes from the house that we can join for 20 bucks a month combined. Its just the drive over there from my house. Because its a combined 5 minutes from my work and her work. Last thing I want to do is go home, eat, then go back...especially at 9 or 10 at night. Maybe I'm just making excuses again..

That's pretty much the reason we are not members at golds or PF. We did the PF thing for a while but the scenario you talk about got old pretty fast.

That's pretty much the reason we are not members at golds or PF. We did the PF thing for a while but the scenario you talk about got old pretty fast.

Well I think we are going to try PF out and see how it goes. Shes been there a couple times with friend and likes it, so I'm sure that I will like it too. As long as i can work on my golf fitness there, I'm not to worried about it.

I agree dean, if its not convenient then it's not going to work very well unless you're totally committed to it. And that's not me. Hence why it's just my wife doing this. I find it easier for me to just p90x it with youngbuck

Good idea shutting it down. This is one injury not to play around with. That is a good substitute. Thought about the elliptical? It might not stress it, not sure though.

Yeah; I use an elliptical sometimes. So boring though... I'll do that if I want to punish myself for eating something stupid. It will be an incentive to never eat it again. Ha!

Sorry I forgot to update.. I have Plantar Fasciatis. Only weights for the next 3-4 weeks before I can start running again
Use a golf ball to massage the bottom of your affected foot. Set it on the ground, put your foot on it and roll it around while increasing the pressure. Canned goods work as well.

I usually use lacrosse balls. :) YMMV

I usually struggle working out in the mornings but knew I had to today or it wouldn't happen.

It was a quiet morning at the beach for a run.

I was laying in bed waffling about mine, until I read this. :)

Do you run on the hard-pack near the water or up more where the sand is loose?

I usually struggle working out in the mornings but knew I had to today or it wouldn't happen.

Went an checked out the closest gym to the house, an Anytime Fitness just across the street from my neighborhood. Well after a quick self guided tour and a sit down to talk prices, I probably won't be going there. $73/month for me and g/f to both have a memebership. That seems insane to me. Is that really high or is that normal? Someone tell me thats not normal.[/QUOTE

That is alot. Hopefully there is a cheaper option near you.

I really need to be spending more time in this thread....trying to lose a buttload of weight before the Morgan Cup.

Come on in bro! We'd love to have some more Tim time in here!

Sorry I forgot to update.. I have Plantar Fasciatis. Only weights for the next 3-4 weeks before I can start running again

That really stinks man. Take care of it and get healthy!

I'm having trouble getting back the energy to get back out running. Haven't run since Thanksgiving and I have another 5k lineup up for next Sat.

I agree dean, if its not convenient then it's not going to work very well unless you're totally committed to it. And that's not me. Hence why it's just my wife doing this. I find it easier for me to just p90x it with youngbuck

This is true. Ease of use is very overlooked and important.

Yeah; I use an elliptical sometimes. So boring though... I'll do that if I want to punish myself for eating something stupid. It will be an incentive to never eat it again. Ha!

hahahaahh. It might work for now though and you know your eating will improve hahaha

I'm having trouble getting back the energy to get back out running. Haven't run since Thanksgiving and I have another 5k lineup up for next Sat.

You're ok bro. You have a week to get back into it. It will come back faster this time.

we have p90x. It sits in a box next to the tv. The goal was for us to get back in to shape by running in a few 5k's and then do some of that and some yoga stuff. Trying to get more flexible and strengthen the core for golf season. I've heard that Ab Ripper X is a heck of a workout

This is awesome. I miss being able to do this. I LOVE early morning runs on the beach. When my gf ( now my wife) lived out in San Francisco, we would do this frequently when I went to visit her. I miss it bad.

I was laying in bed waffling about mine, until I read this. :)

Do you run on the hard-pack near the water or up more where the sand is loose?

I am a hard pack guy myself.

we have p90x. It sits in a box next to the tv. The goal was for us to get back in to shape by running in a few 5k's and then do some of that and some yoga stuff. Trying to get more flexible and strengthen the core for golf season. I've heard that Ab Ripper X is a heck of a workout

Best ab track I have ever done in the shortest amount of time.

Same-as. My ankles start to feel wonky after ten-15 minutes running in the soft stuff.

try a plyo routine on the soft stuff...build up those ankles...it's insane. i'd give the normal, relatively fit person about 3-4 minutes of continuous plyo on soft sand before they are either a) exhausted or b) thinking of saying 'oh well f' that....'

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

During my knee rehab, I was doing the alphabet with both feet. Do you think that would be an okay substitute? (Closest beach is 3.5hrs away.)

try a plyo routine on the soft stuff...build up those ankles...it's insane. i'd give the normal, relatively fit person about 3-4 minutes of continuous plyo on soft sand before they are either a) exhausted or b) thinking of saying 'oh well f' that....'

Wanted to thank you again for the motivation to do the needful this morning.

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

During my knee rehab, I was doing the alphabet with both feet. Do you think that would be an okay substitute? (Closest beach is 3.5hrs away.)

yea i was doing the alphabet when i was in rehab...you could do quite a few things:

1) get a theraband and do the 'cardinal directions' with your foot. ie pressing down, lifting your ankle towards you, then going to the left, and to the right while wrapping the theraband around the bottom/top of your foot pending which direction your going

2) find yourself a balance pad, round disc that's kinda like a deflated water balloon and stand on it, one ankle at a time for a period of 30 seconds, 3x...to make it harder...have someone toss you a weighted object, preferably a medicine ball (like, 5 lbs or so should do)

3) get tape and put an x on the floor, like, 18 in by 18 in. (all the following exercises are 30 seconds, 3x) then do side to side; front to back; counter clockwise; clockwise. do each exercise as fast as you can as hard as you can for the allotted time.

those ankles will be good in no time ;)

Not a bad idea AT ALL if you want to hike up the intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back