Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you thinking Dan Mullen leaves for another job or gets fired?

Could go either way, honestly. I think next year will be big for him. I don't necessarily think he will leave, just can't see anyone else going anywhere in the next couple years unless Little Nicky heads back to the NFL.

There is also strong rumors that he has been talking with Malzahn at AU to come back and work with him.

Nope. Morris has a huge buyout for a lateral move. Not as much for a head coach position. Lashlee will be our OC (in name).

It just doesn't stop fellas. Guess who else just asked Tennessee for an interview and got it. If anybody would've ever guessed Bo Pelini I'd be impressed.

How is it that we keep on getting all of these random freaking coaches wanting a job at Tennessee but we can't get any of the guys that we're going after?

To be honest though, I really don't know anything about Pelini. Should we want him?

It just doesn't stop fellas. Guess who else just asked Tennessee for an interview and got it. If anybody would've ever guessed Bo Pelini I'd be impressed.

How is it that we keep on getting all of these random freaking coaches wanting a job at Tennessee but we can't get any of the guys that we're going after?

To be honest though, I really don't know anything about Pelini. Should we want him?

Umm... He wouldn't be on the top of my list,

When does Tressell interview at tenn? I'd hire him if I were UT, what do u have to lose? More irrelevancy?

When does Tressell interview at tenn? I'd hire him if I were UT, what do u have to lose? More irrelevancy?

I don't think the NCAA will allow that to happen. You have UT who is currently on probation and a coach with a show cause. Yeah I don't think UT wants to go down that road.

and there you have it,Colt... Butch Jones is hired at Tennessee

Hmmm dunno what I think about that hire. Yay?

Man UC has been quite the stepping stone for coaches lately. Who woulda thought that...

Now, if he can build a staff, a winning record may be in cards for 2013.

Hmmm dunno what I think about that hire. Yay?

Seems like a reach considering who they wanted in the first place.

Did anybody hear the interviews with Barry Alverez yesterday on the national radio shows? Very interesting listens.

Did anybody hear the interviews with Barry Alverez yesterday on the national radio shows? Very interesting listens.

I heard Bielema on espn this morning, interesting comments he had. What did Alvarez have to say.

He's been around success, and been successful himself the last 6 or 7 years.

I heard Bielema on espn this morning, interesting comments he had. What did Alvarez have to say.

That was shocked and stunned. He sounded a little betrayed about all of it. He also said that he had an feeling Bret wasn't long for Madison so he had already compiled a list of candidates. When asked with Paul Chryst, head coach at Pittsburg and former WI offensive coordinator was in consideration, Barry said that you have to have some ethics in the business and would not consider Chryst for the job because Barry worked to get Paul the job at Pitt. He said it would be wrong to pull him away after only one year.

The fans in Knoxville are very underwhelmed by the Butch Jones hire. Honestly the expectation level up there is unrealistic, and very much like Alabama was in the search that eventually ended with Saban. Bama got very lucky that year that there was someone of that coaching caliber that wanted back in the college game when he did. Much like Ohio State with Meyer last year, very good timing. Tennessee didn't have that luxury this year.

6 Years/$18 Million is what's being reported in terms.

The fans in Knoxville are very underwhelmed by the Butch Jones hire. Honestly the expectation level up there is unrealistic, and very much like Alabama was in the search that eventually ended with Saban. Bama got very lucky that year that there was someone of that coaching caliber that wanted back in the college game when he did. Much like Ohio State with Meyer last year, very good timing. Tennessee didn't have that luxury this year.

6 Years/$18 Million is what's being reported in terms.

If I had an agent like Jones apparently has I'd be able to quit my job and give the Champions Tour a shot.

All I can say for now is that everybody had to start somewhere. Who knows, right? He wasn't my first or second choice. But after the Strong debacle I don't mind the hire too much.

I'll always stand behind our coach until he gives me a reason not to.

Welcome to Vol Nation and good luck Jones. You might need it.

Yep, he committed to Trooper not to Auburn.

Looks like the possibility of Reuben Foster doing as someone said a few days ago, playing in long sleeves, in now a little more real. http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...commits-from-auburn/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Wow. If he really decides to go elsewhere, especially in the SEC, he will be ridiculed by teammates and coaches alike. poor kid just doesn't get it.

By the way...Apparently Gus brought along his strength coach too... A lot of NFL players have been tweeting that they want to come workout with him during the offseason. We'll see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=45dQv-ZrWus

After hearing SVP and Russillo make some points about Tennessee, I have to lean towards them. The hire is not a bad hire.

After hearing SVP and Russillo make some points about Tennessee, I have to lean towards them. The hire is not a bad hire.

I don't think it is either. Just listened to the press conference, and he made no world history references, so that's already a step up on Dooley.

Yep, he committed to Trooper not to Auburn.

We will see, he is a talent, but his recruitment is tainted and i'll wait until the dust settles after first of Feb.

If I had to guess, I would guess that he will still end up at AU, that is his hometown now so family is there. Got to be a huge plus even without TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back