Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this Bielema quote...

“We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC -- in any way, shape or form.”

Not even a year ago.

What a jackass.

Not even a year ago.

What a jackass.

He said that when Urban was hired. Then talked about how dirty the SEC is in recruiting.

He said that when Urban was hired. Then talked about how dirty the SEC is in recruiting.

Sounds like hell be turning his ways quick.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Not even a year ago.

What a jackass.

money money money money. money.

Not even a year ago.

What a jackass.

Can u say #bittersob

I want Tennessee to come in and sweep Bo away...

Tapped from my S3

The word on Strong just keeps getting hotter! This is the man that I wanted for the job even when "Gruden" was being touted as the next Vols coach, so I couldn't be happier!

Whoa sec fan boys galore in here. Ill just let my irish do the talking. The tide is going out on bama.
image.png

Whoa sec fan boys galore in here. Ill just let my irish do the talking. The tide is going out on bama.

If your team wasn't afraid that they don't have what it takes year in and year out to compete in a conference then you could have a conference to talk about too.

I have learned not to poke the bee's nest that is SEC fan. Even if that SEC team had an awful season and wasn't very good at all, they still use their conference's record as credentials to win the debate.

Until another conference's team pays...errr...recruits better players, there is nothing we can do.

I have learned not to poke the bee's nest that is SEC fan. Even if that SEC team had an awful season and wasn't very good at all, they still use their conference's record as credentials to win the debate.

Until another conference's team pays...errr...recruits better players, there is nothing we can do.

I'm a realist, if we need to do that, tell me where to send the check.

There are 3 professional football conferences in this country, AFC, NFC & SEC. Everybody else is just Pee Wee for teenagers.

I'm a realist, if we need to do that, tell me where to send the check.

There are 3 professional football conferences in this country, AFC, NFC & SEC. Everybody else is just Pee Wee for teenagers.

Eventually the bubble will burst and the conference will come back to reality. College football goes in cycles like that.

Eventually the bubble will burst and the conference will come back to reality. College football goes in cycles like that.

Yep... sooner or later. Like LAAAAATER! But for now, just sit back and enjoy the mastery of Div 1 football!!

So how about Auburn's hire in Malzahn? And lets talk about the guy who really matters... where is PETRINO gonna end up? My guess is Wisconsin. No morals there...haha

I'm excited about Malzahn. The man knows how to coach offense. As long as he gets a great D-coordinator, I think we're in good shape. Granted, it's going to take some work to get out of our current hole, but I'm confident we'll get back to championship football with Gus.

As for Petrino, it's heavily rumored that background investigations uncovered more skeletons in Petrino's closet, and once those came to light, there was zero chance he was going to get the job. The fact that there were 3 SEC coaching hires today and he wasn't picked for any of them speaks volumes.

If your team wasn't afraid that they don't have what it takes year in and year out to compete in a conference then you could have a conference to talk about too.
That is the biggest joke i have ever heard, the sec fluffs their records with terrible teams .
Georgia played 6 teams with losing records, and that doesnt include power house teams like Vanderbilt, ole miss (6-6) and, Georgia south that had winning records. They beat 1 ranked team and made the sec title game, and the only ranked team they beat happened to be in the sec.
Florida played some crazy tough games to bowling green, kentucky, vanderbilt, missouri, la Lafayette, Tennessee, and some school ive never even heard of jacksonville state
lsu - north texas, washington, idaho, towson
I mean the list goes on, and i didnt even put arkansas on the list for those schools. The sec is media hyped.

I love not having a conference, unfortunately now that notre dame is joining the acc in other sports. the deal was we have to play 5 different acc games every year. Which sucks for football. Getting rid of michigan on the schedule is a heart breaker.
In the end, do i think the sec has some good teams? yes. Do i think the sec is deserving of all the hype the get? no
Sec doesnt know anything about midwestern cow tipping thighs.

That is the biggest joke i have ever heard, the sec fluffs their records with terrible teams .

Yeah, like the powerhouses of Navy, BC and Wake Forrest, right?

The sec is media hyped.

There's no school in the nation more media-hyped than Notre Dame.

Are you telling me you'd be more than happy for Notre Dame to play an 8-game SEC schedule every year, having to face Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M with maybe a little Florida and Tennessee thrown in for good measure? Sure, facing Auburn, Arkansas, and Tennessee this year wouldn't strike fear in anyone's heart, but they are traditionally strong teams, and will be so again. Oh, and then play a championship game on top of that?

I'd swap schedules with Notre Dame any day of the week, but I guarantee you Notre Dame wouldn't reciprocate.

Yeah, like the powerhouses of Navy, BC and Wake Forrest, right?

There's no school in the nation more media-hyped than Notre Dame.

Are you telling me you'd be more than happy for Notre Dame to play an 8-game SEC schedule every year, having to face Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M with maybe a little Florida and Tennessee thrown in for good measure? Sure, facing Auburn, Arkansas, and Tennessee this year wouldn't strike fear in anyone's heart, but they are traditionally strong teams, and will be so again. Oh, and then play a championship game on top of that?

I'd swap schedules with Notre Dame any day of the week, but I guarantee you Notre Dame wouldn't reciprocate.
Did you just call texas a&m an sec team? Thats grand. They are a big 12 team, the only thing different about them is now their stadium has sec signs. Their success shows that a good team with a freshman qb can go into the sec and play at an "sec" level. Notre dame is the most undervalued team in the country, they have been called irrelevant all year. But please tell me more about how tough it is too play fcs schools. Notre Dame has never played an fcs team. I dont think any team in the sec can say that for this season alone.

Bielema pretty much sold Wisconsin out. He wants to get paid. He wants his assistant coaches to get paid. He wants state of the art practice facilities. He basically wants a school that is going to put athletics first and spends a bajillion dollars in order to win on the field and thats not Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is a small school in a small town in the middle of nowhere and simply doesnt have that kind of resources.
Best of luck to you in the SEC, Brett. Im going to venture a guess that in about 5 years you will be out at Arkansas because as a coach you simply arent good enough to get it done. Bielema's mistakes in managing the game have cost Wisconsin some wins and thats only going to be magnified in the SEC. Meanwhile, Wisconsin is going to find someone who actually wants to coach at Wisconsin and we're going to move on and be just fine without you.
It sounds like Barry Alvarez wants to go with a Wisconsin guy: someone who has ties to the university, wants to be there for the long term and isnt going to use Wisconsin as a stepping stone to a job in the SEC. It sounds like Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrel Bevell is a leading candidate for the job and in the meantime, Ive heard rumors that Barry will come out of retirement to coach the game.

Did you just call texas a&m an sec team? Thats grand. They are a big 12 team, the only thing different about them is now their stadium has sec signs. Their success shows that a good team with a freshman qb can go into the sec and play at an "sec" level. Notre dame is the most undervalued team in the country, they have been called irrelevant all year. But please tell me more about how tough it is too play fcs schools. Notre Dame has never played an fcs team. I dont think any team in the sec can say that for this season alone.

You didn't answer the question. Would you like to swap to an SEC schedule?

A cupcake is a cupcake. Doesn't matter if it's a lower-tier FBS school or a FCS school, they're still outmatched.

As for Notre Dame being undervalued, the ONLY reason is they've been bad for so long. Now that they're good again, they'll immediately regain their status as a media darling. It'll be another 10 years before we see Notre Dame picked outside of the top 10.

You didn't answer the question. Would you like to swap to an SEC schedule?

A cupcake is a cupcake. Doesn't matter if it's a lower-tier FBS school or a FCS school, they're still outmatched.

As for Notre Dame being undervalued, the ONLY reason is they've been bad for so long. Now that they're good again, they'll immediately regain their status as a media darling. It'll be another 10 years before we see Notre Dame picked outside of the top 10.
haha media darling? they get a lot of negative attention. The only person backing them in the media is lou holtz. Take a look at some rick reilly articles. And what difference does it make if i personally would switch schedules with sec teams ? Did i become the ad recently? I think ive made my opinion on the sec very clear. I think its an over rated conference. Why would nd want to join a conference?
they get to pick their own schedule, play whomever they want.
they have their own contract and every game is broadcasted around the whole country.
they have boat loads of money.
they are the augusta of college football.
they are automatically in a bowl game if they are 8th or better.
Not to mention
caedac48318811e28d1822000a1f8cf0_7.jpg

whats that? 1st in the country in graduation success rate and playing for the national title. No big deal. Truth is notre dame doesnt need a conference, they dont need any help.

I like Notre Dame, was my favorite team as a kid, and enjoy seeing them do well(how can you not like them) ..but I'm afraid you're going to be humbled come January. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Don't plan on a 13-6 victory over Alabama, they aren't turning the ball over 6 times. They put up 41 against the same team, hope your offense shows up.

Why would nd want to join a conference?
they get to pick their own schedule, play whomever they want.
they have their own contract and every game is broadcasted around the whole country.
they have boat loads of money.
they are the augusta of college football.
they are automatically in a bowl game if they are 8th or better.
Not to mention

Oh, if I were them I wouldn't join a conference either. They get all the rewards, including special rules just for them, with none of the downsides. I suppose they do miss out on some money, but they're not hurting for money anyhow.

Oh, if I were them I wouldn't join a conference either. They get all the rewards, including special rules just for them, with none of the downsides. I suppose they do miss out on some money, but they're not hurting for money anyhow.

[/COLOR]
finally we agree on one thing.

The SEC became so "overrated" based on results. They have NEVER lost a NC game, only once in the last 10 years has the SEC champion lost its bowl game (not including the NC game last year where they were beaten by an SEC team). They have never posted a losing record in bowl games in the BCS era, even though they by far have the best/toughest bowl schedule.

I'm not one of the ones saying ND has no chance. There have been major upsets plenty of times before, but the infidels are big times favorites for a reason, and ND is an underdog for a reason. Bama has looked much more impressive against a tougher schedule, and history leaves you no reason to believe they will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back