Go Pro on a Golf Cart

Acuna

Reaction score
Handicap
long irons
Has anyone ever put a GoPro camera on a golf cart to see what their swing looks like during a round or how they hit a particular shot? I was thinking that you could drive up behind the ball turn on the camera, hit it your shot, and then go on to the next shot without too much trouble. With the app they have available you could confirm the shot is framed correctly on an iPad.....

Too much technology? Perhaps, but it could also be an interesting learning tool.

Not a bad idea if used when the course is slow and your not holding up anyone behind you.

Not a bad idea if used when the course is slow and your not holding up anyone behind you.

Agreed 100%.

Disclaimer: I live on the course and can get out early or late. It's pretty sweet. However I don't own a golf cart... yet.

Pretty cool idea and I was just thinking that if you use a pull cart you could attach it to that as well.

Played with a buddy of mine that did that during our round. If I remember right he had a remote for it. Or I could have dreamt that part. Either way is was pretty cool and super easy to film except when you're in the woods. Ha

I have a Go Pro attached to my Push Cart Handle. Use it all the time to evaluate my game.... on the course and on the driving range. It has a wireless off on switch so it doesn't add much interference or time to your game.

The wireless on off is a must. I've always just used my phone for the same thing, but a go pro sounds like it's a better way to get hi results.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have been wanting to do this for a long time now, not to see my swing, although that is a bonus. What I am interested in is having a video of the entire round, especially at a course I have never played before. I did use it to video some of the holes when we played greenbrier and that was nice. Sure wish I had videos of my rounds at sawgrass, kiawa and harbor town and many more courses we have played.

I am now looking for the mounting accessories that would make attaching to the golf cart quick and easy.

I have been wanting to do this for a long time now, not to see my swing, although that is a bonus. What I am interested in is having a video of the entire round, especially at a course I have never played before. I did use it to video some of the holes when we played greenbrier and that was nice. Sure wish I had videos of my rounds at sawgrass, kiawa and harbor town and many more courses we have played.

I am now looking for the mounting accessories that would make attaching to the golf cart quick and easy.

Get a battery backup. Gopro is perhaps the single worst battery lifed product ever created.

Get a battery backup. Gopro is perhaps the single worst battery lifed product ever created.

Apple products with iOS 7 would love to argue this

I have a Go Pro attached to my Push Cart Handle. Use it all the time to evaluate my game.... on the course and on the driving range. It has a wireless off on switch so it doesn't add much interference or time to your game.

I do this quite often, I just use a gorilla tripod and clamp the GoPro on my Clicgear, works like a charm, point and shoot, it takes time less than using a range finder, so no slow play caused there.

I know carry two backup batteries in my etc pouch. Any type of Extended use will drain he battery

Well looks like I got bit by the battery bug. I thought I had the GoPro all charged up and ready to go, but when I got to the course the battery was dead. Time to order a few spares ....

That's weird re: the GoPro batteries on the newer units.

I have the original Hero HD (several years old) and I use it primarily for flying...I'll have it running for 4+ hours before the battery is even close to dying.

That's weird re: the GoPro batteries on the newer units.

I have the original Hero HD (several years old) and I use it primarily for flying...I'll have it running for 4+ hours before the battery is even close to dying.

It's terrible. If I just have it running you get average battery life. Using it conjunction with remote or phone makes that average nearly unusable.

I was thinking about getting one of those battery backup things, save messing about with additional batteries while mounted. Anyone done that?

Finally got a chance to use the GoPro during a round. I used a suction cup mount and stuck it on the windshield. The video was a little bumpy when off road but if you fast forward it actually looks pretty cool. I kept forgetting to point the cart toward the tee boxes and greens, will have to get used to that. I was pretty cool to relive the round in fast forward !!!

Finally got a chance to use the GoPro during a round. I used a suction cup mount and stuck it on the windshield. The video was a little bumpy when off road but if you fast forward it actually looks pretty cool. I kept forgetting to point the cart toward the tee boxes and greens, will have to get used to that. I was pretty cool to relive the round in fast forward !!!

Care to share...?

The GoPro app has a cool feature that will let you do a timelapse style fast playback by picking out specified frames and it can apply some smoothing so it comes out more stable than a fastforward or actual timelapse sequence.

I've done them in the car and from the front of a push cart but that was still pretty shaky, I'd imagine a ride on cart would be much more stable.

I was at bestbuy last night about to pull the trigger on a go pro . My wife then started asking about the sony action cam and asked that I research both before spending the money .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back