Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Random Q, why are there like brand tags listed after your post? haha

10yard is correct. For 1 month I have to post like OG and put smilies in all my posts. It is pure torture:banghead:

My Q-Star's will be here tomorrow, cant wait to give them a spin literally

HAHA CL thats funny, I really wanna try these balls, ....could it be, a ball that could finally fix my slice.... :D

I liked them a lot also, will buy more

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I have been using these golf balls the last few rounds and have really liked their performance. It seems to get me more distance off the tee and I get about 1/2 club more on the irons. I find it every bit as good as the trispeed tours I was hitting, just cheaper. Just like everyone else is saying it hits, hops, and stops. I find it very playable around the greens and it feels nice off the putter as well.

Nope, but its a great ball!

I agree for $25 nothing beats it, plus I like the yellow, can't wait to see how the q star spins with ny new pre cc jaws wedges :)

I agree for $25 nothing beats it, plus I like the yellow, can't wait to see how the q star spins with ny new pre cc jaws wedges :)

Its great, I still get more than enough spin from my wedges and short irons with this ball, but more importantly its consistent. Plus the fact that it is long off the tee, and just feels great off the irons ain't bad either. Oh and its freaking $25!

Its great, I still get more than enough spin from my wedges and short irons with this ball, but more importantly its consistent. Plus the fact that it is long off the tee, and just feels great off the irons ain't bad either. Oh and its freaking $25!

Def, almost 2 dozen for the price of 1 premium, Gota love it

Has anyone compared the distance off tee between q star and ad333?

Mine came in this morning, this ball feels pretty good off the wedge, have been hitting some flops and bump and runs in the house, bad thing is its already scraped the cover, I havent had a ball do that yet from me barely hitting them inside.

Mine came in this morning, this ball feels pretty good off the wedge, have been hitting some flops and bump and runs in the house, bad thing is its already scraped the cover, I havent had a ball do that yet from me barely hitting them inside.

Wow, I am really surprised. I played 18 with one yesterday and I don't think it had a scuff on it when I put it back in the bag.

Wow, I am really surprised. I played 18 with one yesterday and I don't think it had a scuff on it when I put it back in the bag.

my Jaws wedges are kinda tough on covers lol, even though i played them all last year and this year they still do their job. True test will be on course like always but i just thought i should mention ive never had a cover do that.

I ordered a dozen for GG in yellow they are at my house right now can't wait also has anyone noticed a difference in their spin numbers off the tee

It was significantly shorter off the tee compared to the E6 for me. Granted, I only used it twice, so the reliability and validity of my experience isn't too reliable.

I'm surprised by this? I used one Q Star for two rounds and it is barely roughed up. In fact I have banged it off the cart path and it is barely noticable that it is scraped.

I'll test the durability of the q star with my new non cc jaws wedges with md grooves

I put this ball into play today and I am definitely impressed. Off the tee the ball felt great and I had some longer than usual drives too.

All my approach shots, except for one, stopped within 2-3 feet of the ball mark. I didn't think this would happen for so many of my approaches.

This ball is easily one of the best values in the ball category and I am going to do a serious side by side comparison with my usual Gamer V2 and the Q-Star. I am thinking that my everyday ball will change after my next round and I will be moving to the Q-Star. Plus I like having the Yellow option.

played 9 holes yesterday with these and still impressed with the ball. long and straight off the tee. one hole in particular was a Par 4 340'ish yards. tee shot is pretty intimidating. water in front and stretches to the left and woods on the right. so, I had to carry the water about 170 yards. anyway, hit a really good tee shot and was only 80'ish yards to the green. ended up carding a Par on this hole, making it three in a row.

Second round with these balls and I am still extremely impressed. As I said last time, I've recently made some swing changes that are certainly part of this, but today I hit 10 or 14 fairways with the other 4 in the rough no more than 8 feet off the short grass and completely playable. That's one of the best driving rounds I've ever had. I hit 8 of 18 greens but barely missed several others and mainly that was operator error and not the ball. Most stopped within a couple feet - no runaway roll-outs. It putts fine but I don't :banghead:

As for wear, I have now played two complete rounds with the same two balls and they are starting to show it. Although I don't spin the ball much, something about my swing does seem to really abuse balls so maybe it's me. They were getting a little hairy towards the end today. Still if I get 18 holes out of a ball, to me that's all one can really expect. Even if the cover's still good, don't count on the core being round anymore.

Bottom line... This ball is officially in the bag to stay!

I played two rounds on my own and two scrambles. The reason I bring that up is that I played from both normal locations (from areas and distances that I normaly play from) and some not so normal locations in the scrambles so I could judge my distance etc.

Trajectory - these balls launch just fine. Just about the correct height for me. Not overly high.

Distance – I had a few great drives and a few not so good drives. The driver miss hits were shorter than I expected or get with other balls. The irons were about a half a club short most of the time.

Approach shots – with irons or wedges I hit a high ball and they stopped ok. Not as good as a Penta or Prov but ok.

Chipping – was just ok. I could not get the ball to stop so I adjusted and let it roll out.

Putting - I putted just fine. Felt middle of the road for the soft/hard feel.

Overall – I think the ball is a nice (but not great) for a middle of the road ball. For the money, I think I like the e5 better because I get more distance out of the e5 withbetter short game (hop and stop) features.

Played two rounds with them... Here's my take... Good distance, & very straight off the tee, with good durability. Thought it felt very good off the irons & putter too... I couldn't seem to get much as much spin as the Trispeed Tour though, as far as comparing it too another Srixon that's similar.

I think it's a good bargain ball, but I need a little more check around the greens myself though. I think I'll stick with the e5, but I'd recommend you try it, & see for yourself. You may like it...

Tried the Q Star yesterday. I think it compares more to the bridgestone FIX than anything else. They list it as comparing to the e5 but the cover is no comparison. You wont spin this ball on greenside shots like an e5. Id say its in the line of the FIX or NXT. Was really hoping for a ball similar to the e5. Id rank the Top Flight Gamer ahead of it slightly.

I chipped with it some at a practice facility - I am not impressed. A lot of hype but I don't see the results. I really wanted to like it.

I think it compares more to the bridgestone FIX than anything else. They list it as comparing to the e5 but the cover is no comparison. You wont spin this ball on greenside shots like an e5. Id say its in the line of the FIX or NXT. Was really hoping for a ball similar to the e5.

This is spot on IMO...

Back