Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, really pondering Eidolon wedges now.

Yeah, I just don't have to money to put towards them right now. I thought the R9s might do for now.

If you have $350, you're almost halfway there dude! I doesn't matter to me, of course. I just know how much you liked those clubs.

Ever gamed one Hawk? I picked up my first Center shafted putter in the Spider Vicino a while back, and loved it. If it wasnt for my heel shafted Corza Ghost I would still be gaming it right now. I love a center shafted putter.

I'm testing out a TP Mills CS putter right now and it's working quite well for me. I'm really considering checking out a Seemore tbh.

Hawk, the Si1 is the putter that made me the putter I am today, bar none.

How does that set up to your eye, TC? Does it look sort of like a mid-mallet?

Kind of. There's some guts behind the blade for sure. I can take a picture tonight if you'd like buddy. The key is the C/S with the RST bro. You work with that combo for a while and you'll be a better putter.....period.

Kind of. There's some guts behind the blade for sure. I can take a picture tonight if you'd like buddy. The key is the C/S with the RST bro. You work with that combo for a while and you'll be a better putter.....period.

No worries on the picture. I was checking it out on their site. Hmmmm. Making putts makes lower scores and I like that.

No worries on the picture. I was checking it out on their site. Hmmmm. Making putts makes lower scores and I like that.

You got that right. GOing from that putter to the DART, I feel like I am a serious threat on the greens now.

the ghost spider is my first CS putter and i love it. i was worried that i would pay for it and be stuck with it and not like it. luckily, i love it!

the ghost spider is my first CS putter and i love it. i was worried that i would pay for it and be stuck with it and not like it. luckily, i love it!

I have it as well. I haven't gotten it on the course yet but putting it at home, I like it!

A new 23/24 Hybrid. I've fixed my gaps with my lofted part of the bag, now its time for the top, go figure TM makes a 23.5 in the Rescue 11 and it blends with my irons perfectly, dunno if I could do white though...really think I'm going to go back to steel in this hybrid, its not a performance question of the shaft, but mental for me, can't make myself repeatedly swing it like an iron with a graphite shaft...just can't. Grr.

Picked up a 909 D2 used last week with the stock Diamana Blue shaft and am pondering cutting down the shaft. Think it is 45 inches and I would like to take an inch off of it. Need to search about cutting down a graphite shaft.

Looking into new irons and really looking forward to hitting the R11's. TM will do a demo day for those at a range here on Sep 11 and that can't come soon enough! The bad thing though is that the TM shop (the only place in town that would do fittings) is under renovation and won't reopen till October, and I was told it's typically a 2-month wait for custom orders... Which means I won't get them till Christmas.

Wait, why did I sound like I have decided on the R11's already!?

Hit some Diablo Edge irons at the Golfsmith last week and really liked how they were working for me. The HB3s I am using are supposed to be more forgiving I think, but the feeling with the DE was better... Pondering...

A new 23/24 Hybrid. I've fixed my gaps with my lofted part of the bag, now its time for the top, go figure TM makes a 23.5 in the Rescue 11 and it blends with my irons perfectly, dunno if I could do white though...really think I'm going to go back to steel in this hybrid, its not a performance question of the shaft, but mental for me, can't make myself repeatedly swing it like an iron with a graphite shaft...just can't. Grr.

I like the 23.5 degree Rescue 11 hybrid, I put it in my bag to play like a 4-iron, got about 10 yards more out of it than the 5-iron R11 iron. I just ignore that the bottom of the hybrid says 5 on it. 200 yards out, that's my club. If you have other questions, just ask me.

Pondering a new putter. The #7 just isn't working for me. Wanting to go back to an Anser Style. Maybe a Cleveland Classic or something.

Hit some Diablo Edge irons at the Golfsmith last week and really liked how they were working for me. The HB3s I am using are supposed to be more forgiving I think, but the feeling with the DE was better... Pondering...

I had the DE's last year and wish I had them back. Very forgiving and long for me. Plus you can get a great deal on them right now. Much like this year's Callaway iron lineup-very underrated.

I like the 23.5 degree Rescue 11 hybrid, I put it in my bag to play like a 4-iron, got about 10 yards more out of it than the 5-iron R11 iron. I just ignore that the bottom of the hybrid says 5 on it. 200 yards out, that's my club. If you have other questions, just ask me.

You sure do hit it well too buddy.

I had the DE's last year and wish I had them back. Very forgiving and long for me. Plus you can get a great deal on them right now. Much like this year's Callaway iron lineup-very underrated.

Yeah, low 300s for the 5-PW makes me ponder it even more, great deal.

Pondering picking up the Taylomade xFT ZTP wedges to replace my Callaway x-forged. I would get the 50* and 58*

Hmm.

Can someone here give me a good reason why I should spend 100$ for a driver fitting and then 500$ for the driver?

I am really close to just doing this myself and looking for club heads on ebay.

Si1 is the putter I have now. If not for my mental psychoticness I would be a good putter. The Seemore just teaches you how to be a better putter. You need to OEM one:seemore:

Can someone here give me a good reason why I should spend 100$ for a driver fitting and then 500$ for the driver?

A lot of fitters will throw the cost of the fitting into the cost of the driver.:fingers-crossed:

What driver are you pondering that costs $500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back