Texas HS Football Blowout Leads to Bullying Allegation

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Aledo blows out Western Hills 91-0, and a parent of Western Hills files a bullying complaint with the Aledo Principal prompting a full investigation.

Thoughts?

91-0 Blowout

There is always a lesson to be learned by a good arze kicking.. For both sides.

When I read things like that I really hate what we have become

I think this bullying stuff has gone way too far. Bullying, when it is true bullying, needs to be addressed and is a real problem, but to label everything bullying simply because someone got their feelings hurt because they aren't as good as someone else is just stupid. In life there are winners and losers; to call the winners bullies because they are better is so bass ackwards it's not even funny.

I hope those kids never play college football!! My wife teaches in Fort Worth ISD, and the HS they feed into plays Aledo this week for homecoming. The coach says he is trying to break a district scoring record, to that I say good for him. I think this is just another BS lawsuit that is a parent over-protecting their kid.

I blame liberals.

I get it, NO ONE wants to see their kid get his arse handed to him in ANYTHING, especially sports...I get it. There comes a point where you put in the 2nd string or 3rd string players and play them. IF at that point they STILL beat up on the other teams Varsity team, what are you going to do? Do you tell your kids at Halftime, "Well we stink, who wants to call it a night and head home early?" I don't think any Coach wants to or SHOULD condone quitting, what kind of message does THAT send? Life is NOT always going to be fair, and sometimes you have to learn that on the playing field.

I get it, NO ONE wants to see their kid get his arse handed to him in ANYTHING, especially sports...I get it. There comes a point where you put in the 2nd string or 3rd string players and play them. IF at that point they STILL beat up on the other teams Varsity team, what are you going to do? Do you tell your kids at Halftime, "Well we stink, who wants to call it a night and head home early?" I don't think any Coach wants to or SHOULD condone quitting, what kind of message does THAT send? Life is NOT always going to be fair, and sometimes you have to learn that on the playing field.

All the starters were out and did not play in the 2nd half.

I thought that crying wasn't involved in Texas HS football.

All the starters were out and did not play in the 2nd half.

See...just like the Coach said in the article how the entire last part of the game he was trying to figure out how NOT to score. How would it look if all you do when you get the ball back is down it 3 times and punt it away. Is THAT the right thing to do here? Wouldn't that make the other kids feel like real losers, too?

Just give that kid a participation trophy...

Wonder what she would do if she heard some of the colour commentary on the field?

It's sports, someone has to win, someone has to lose.

I blame liberals.

^^^^Wow to this comment. Society as a whole is to blame. Not just a group of it. I don't want to get started on a golf forum.

^^^^Wow to this comment. Society as a whole is to blame. Not just a group of it. I don't want to get started on a golf forum.

I'm fairly certain blutroll wasn't serious

I'm fairly certain blutroll wasn't serious

ereny6ym.jpg

Stupidity at it's finest. If you're not as good as the other team, then you're going to lose. It's that simple. It's not like they were trying to run up the score either. If your son is really upset, then he needs to use it as fuel so he can get better. He shouldn't cry to mommy about it.

Stupidity at it's finest. If you're not as good as the other team, then you're going to lose. It's that simple. It's not like they were trying to run up the score either. If your son is really upset, then he needs to use it as fuel so he can get better. He shouldn't cry to mommy about it.

I suspect this has nothing to do with how the kid felt but rather how a parent felt.

As Dana Quigley once responded when asked what do you do when you have your opponent down by 2 with 3 to play "STEP ON HIS THROAT"

I suspect this has nothing to do with how the kid felt but rather how a parent felt.

Playing football at West Canaan may have been the opportunity of your lifetime, but I don't want your life

It's sad. Bullying? Really? What this parent has done is diminish legitimate bullying. There was a young girl that killed herself last week because she was bullied. Kids (and adults for that matter) can be vicious. The anonymity of the net and social media has emboldened people to treat each other like crap in many cases.

Getting your butt kicked on the field of organized athletics is not getting bullied and claiming that it is simply insults those that have been. It's crazy if you think about it.

JM

Thank god it was not that way when I was in school. A friend of mine would probably be serving time for setting the most takedowns in a season (ohio wrestling). I am embarrassed to see what American kids/parents have become. I was taught growing up if you didn't like getting beat work harder. Somewhere along the line that has been lost ( along with disciplining children). If that were to happen to my kids I would feel bad for them, but tell them to remember how they feel in that moment and make sure they work harder so it never happens again.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I liked that flick!!! Underrated.

I was just reading the quotes from imdb. I want to post more, but they aren't real appropriate.

Funny thing about this maybe a few thousand people here and there even knew what happened with the score. Now millions know about it.

This is now more embarrassing than the score ever was.

Back