Florida Holiday Golf Get-together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little heads up for those coming. We will have the new Nike 20XI golf balls for everybody to test out and report back their thoughts on it on the forum. You will get either a sleeve of the regular or the X.

A couple of months before they hit stores.

Super awesome! Thanks JB

Just a little heads up for those coming. We will have the new Nike 20XI golf balls for everybody to test out and report back their thoughts on it on the forum. You will get either a sleeve of the regular or the X.

This is awesome! Thanks JB!

Gonna be a lot of fun giving these a whirl! I hope the changes made were for the better!

Very cool of you JB. Thanks! This is going to be awesome!

Thank you sir!

I believe War Eagle got us a great rate of $59 (it ranges from $79 to $99 to play on weekend mornings). I think tee time will be right around 11am (war can confirm) and we will be out at the range (unlimited range balls included) about 930 or so to test out some equipment we will be bringing.

Should be a lot of fun as they always are. This course is so much fun to play.

It is like a belated Christmas! Great prices, free balls, fun course.

Approximately 168 hrs. from now, we'll be in Sarasota. Having us try out new Nike 20XI balls will be awesome, JB. One more day of work tomorrow, a short pre-Xmas visit to my sis', a little extra hr or 2 of clean-up at work Xmas eve, Xmas morning gift openings with the grandkids and then we're heading due south. Wow, make that 167 hrs. See y'all soon.

1 more week to go!

Right on, we're getting closer. In a week's time, I'll be on the range getting loose and trying to get 'em straight for a round with newly met friends. 17* F here, windy and cold with snow. Looking forward to some Florida warmth.

Read This!

I had heard that University raised their prices this past weekend, and it was $99 for a round. I gave them a call and they informed me that it was true, their prices went up. Talking with the Pro Shop, the agreed to give me their old morning rate, of $69. They had previously told me that it would be $59, but this was prior to their rates going up. I am waiting to speak with the gal I set this all up with, seeing as she was the one who offered me the discounted rate of $59 for the rounds.

We have a few options, but I have to get this done ASAP so I need some feedback from those attending. University Park is one of the top courses in the area, and having been to the course twice in the past week, it is in PRISTINE shape. However, we do have other options, and one of those is Waterlefe Golf and River Club. I will be out at Waterlefe tomorrow, and can check on the price for our group, but need to know if it was worth changing the venue at this point in time.

Please give me some feedback on what you guys would like to do. I am fine with keeping it at University Park, but if the majority wants to switch to Waterlefe if they offer a discounted price, I can make that happen as well.

I'm open to either course. $59 or $69 is fine with me.

Im open to either War. University does look outstanding right now.

I trust you'll get us the right place, W.E. I'm ok with what you feel is good. Have a good weekend.

I'm good with $69, I'm just curious how you get quoted a rate that they will not honor.

I'm good with $69, I'm just curious how you get quoted a rate that they will not honor.

Same reason they randomly raised their prices to $99, which is $30 higher than they ever go.

I'm good with either one man, let us know how Waterlefe is though

Read This!

I had heard that University raised their prices this past weekend, and it was $99 for a round. I gave them a call and they informed me that it was true, their prices went up. Talking with the Pro Shop, the agreed to give me their old morning rate, of $69. They had previously told me that it would be $59, but this was prior to their rates going up. I am waiting to speak with the gal I set this all up with, seeing as she was the one who offered me the discounted rate of $59 for the rounds.

We have a few options, but I have to get this done ASAP so I need some feedback from those attending. University Park is one of the top courses in the area, and having been to the course twice in the past week, it is in PRISTINE shape. However, we do have other options, and one of those is Waterlefe Golf and River Club. I will be out at Waterlefe tomorrow, and can check on the price for our group, but need to know if it was worth changing the venue at this point in time.

Please give me some feedback on what you guys would like to do. I am fine with keeping it at University Park, but if the majority wants to switch to Waterlefe if they offer a discounted price, I can make that happen as well.

I'm open to either course. Waterlefe is a little closer to me and I've played there a number of times, but I've never played University. Of course, I'd prefer the $69/$59 rate :act-up:. Thanks for handling all these details , I really appreciate it.

*** Duh - At second reading I see you at least got them to honor the $69 rate. So... unless Waterlefe is significantly less expensive and in pristine shape, then I would vote for University since I've never played there and your course review has me salivating!

Last edited:
Either is fine with me dude. Just tell me when and where.

I'm good with the $69 worse case by the looks and sound of it will be well worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back