sand wedge poll

• Total voters
54. I use my 58 out of the sand most of the time unless it is a long bunker shot.

Technically my 56* is my SW but I will hit all my wedges out of a bunker. Just depends on how much distance I need to cover.

56-11 SM Vokey bent 1.5* upright, is what gets me out of the bunker.

Used to play a 56* Vokey with 10* bounce but have switched to a 54* Cleveland CG15 with DSG recently. Still working it out, but seem to be getting slightly better results with the new Cleveland.

56* Vokey 256 14 bounce. I actually lost the SW that belongs to my iron set and got a 20 dollar replacement and I love it. Used is a kind term for it but it has treated me quite well so I am gonna stick with it.

Sent from my stock TF101

I will use either my 54 or 58 out of the sand based on the distance, how much I have to get the ball up over a lip and lie.

I use a 54 that is bent to 56.

I am almost exclusively a 56* guy especially with the emergence of the variable sole. I think in 2013 I may go 58*

54*, my favorite wedge, 58* out of the sand though

Last edited:
i've been using my 55* sand wedge that is left over from my set of 2004 big berthas. I like how easily it goes through the sand and gets the ball out. I found that if I tried to use any of my titleist wedgets (52, 56, 60) that I just go right under the ball every time.

Right now I'm testing the 56* RTX, I had a 54 before, I like the more loft though!!!

56 ATV

use my 57 Scor wedge

I guess my 54 is techically my sand wedge and my 58 is my lob. I've started using the 58 out of the sand though.

That is pretty much me too, I think the 54 is classified as the sand wedge, but I usually play the 58 from the green side bunkers.

I use my 58* lobber for my sand wedge. I prefer it to the 54*.

58* for me! Gone from a 56* last season

I guess my 54 is techically my sand wedge and my 58 is my lob. I've started using the 58 out of the sand though.

I have the same setup. 58 for short sand shots, 54 for the longer ones. I'm not in bunkers often, so I like having the 54 for a narrower gap to my PW. It gets used far more for shots from the fairway and chipping than it ever sees sand.

Used to be 55° when I had 5 wedges (45/50/55/60/64), but had to get rid of one to add my 5w back in (until I get an X Prototype), so now go 45/52/58/64, so I guess my 58 would be SW (higher bounce than 52)

54 for me. I used to have a 56, but I'm finding a slightly lower loft is working just as well, and gives me a full swing option closer in distance to my gap wedge, so I no longer need to mess around with a 2/3 swing when I get my lay-up shots closer than 75 yards.

My 54* is my SW but i prefer to use my 60* out of the sand

I use my 60 for greenside bunkers. 2 for 2 on sand saves yesterday.

Back