golf red

Bad Amateur
Reaction score
Handicap
17 NCGA
Should the USGA & R&A be less tolerant of f-bomb's and g-dam's and other behavior on the Pro Tours.

As long as Tiger slings 'em, they won't be.

I don't think language is something that will ever be controllable myself. Think it would cause a problem as to where to draw the line.

Language I don't have a problem with. As long as it doesn't get totally out of hand. Throwing clubs breaking clubs or damaging the course should be punished heavily.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Language I don't have a problem with. As long as it doesn't get totally out of hand. Throwing clubs breaking clubs or damaging the course should be punished heavily.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I agree. Some language is not a big deal. It's natural. It happens. Outside of that it should be punished though.

My personal favorite is bubba "praise jesus" watson drops the "god damnit"

They should punish slow play and let the idiots yell and throw whatever they want.

I'm completely open to sanctions for inappropriate language. Right after they put that in football.

I don't need to hear a constant stream of profanity by any means, but at least it shows they care. If we want total decorum out there, no sweat. Eliminate the prize money, it'll all be completely genteel.
It takes a lot of spectacular profanity to offend me. Put TV on tape delay or stop pointing mics at them, and it goes away. Live...I think it's going to happen more and more. If it gets to the point that ratings and dollars are effected, THEN there might be sanctions for it. As is, not happening.

I don't believe that language is sportsmanship, that is just frustration.Sportsmanship is helping your playing partner find his ball or staying off of his line of putting. Or how about the accidental coughing while the other players is putting.
Personally, I will drop the f bomb when I believe I am doing everything I can to produce a shoot and it does not happen. It has nothing to do with anything other than being upset with myself.

I think the tours should do something to limit offensive outbursts because many recreational golfers mimic what they see the pros doing. I can't stand playing within hearing distance of people who scream curses at the top of their lungs, godammits which can be heard over half the course, on a regular basis when they hit a bad shot or a putt lips out. I try to ignore it, but it bothers me; and if it is someone in my group and he does it continually, he is definitely going to get the cold shoulder from me. But that's just me, maybe others are a lot more tolerant and don't mind having to listen to screaming curses. Theoretically, we are playing the game for enjoyment, but some people don't seem to be having much fun out there.

The language I don't care about. Foul language and sports go hand in hand if T.V. producers have yet to catch on that is their proplem. Throwing clubs and such should not be tolerated what the penalty and how you enforce it needs to be left to people other than me that are involved in the game.

I am an adult and have been around some of our most respecting people in society such as lawyers and police officers and marines...etc...I can say they curse more then any other people I know actually this foul language bothers me none. They are human and can do what they want in my opinion as of freedom of speech and when they curse it is not towards anyone in particular or into the camera. The microphones just happen to pick it up and I understand people have children and some do not appreciate it but it is 2012 and a lot worse is going on then somebody cursing....really! As for throwing clubs and all that....well that would be funny to see a person spaz and ruin their reputation and a shame at the same time, but damaging the course I do not agree with unless they are paying for the damages then I guess that crosses that off if they are going to be held liable and take care of something they did!

I'm not sure the USGA/R&A have that kind of authority over the professional tours. I think it's up to the tours to regulate the behavior of their players.

I'd rather see the regulating of fans' behavior, with the "Get in the hole!" guys getting a big hook.

Offensive outbursts by players is actually a rare event and it is usually dealt with privately.

with the amount of time and hard work these guys put into the game, it would be insane to not expect them to occasionally get discouraged and cuss. I personally enjoy it, its nice to be able to see at least one part of my game mirrored by the pros.

Why is god-dammit a profanity? I can understand people being offended by f bombs and the like but a g-dam????

Why is god-dammit a profanity? I can understand people being offended by f bombs and the like but a g-dam????

Because for Christians, its a ten commandment not to use the Lord's name in vain. There are a lot of Christians in the world.

Did anyone else happen to catch Carl Petterrsons dropping of the F Bomb a couple weeks ago on live TV? THe only people to blame for that stuff going out over the airwaves is the TV producers. Almost every live sporting event, or concert, or awards show, etc etc uses the 5 second delay to allow the TV crew to bleep out something that can get them fined by the FCC.

The USGA has no authority over pro tours. During tour events, if an official does her a player curse out loud, especially near a mic or spectators, that can be/does get reported, and the tour(s) hand out fines. Since the tour does not publicize these actions, the public does not know how often this happens and how much the fines are. I think it has been rumored the TW was, at one time, the most fined player. But, a lot of that has to do with how many fans and cameras follow him. Joe Grinder, who has no fans or camera's following him, can cuss all day because the public won't hear it.

Because for Christians, its a ten commandment not to use the Lord's name in vain. There are a lot of Christians in the world.

And this is where the problems of what is ok and what I not would cause conflict.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I am in agreement with this.

I think it's overall etiquette issue.

Should the USGA & R&A be less tolerant of f-bomb's and g-dam's and other behavior on the Pro Tours.

The USGA and the R&A have nothing to do with the pro tours. If it's an issue, then the tour has to clean it's own house.

You really can't see it? Is the English language in that much of a decline Down Under? :violin:

You really can't see it? Is the English language in that much of a decline Down Under? :violin:

No they just don't get worked up over the smallest things like Americans seem to now.

I'm not sure the USGA/R&A have that kind of authority over the professional tours. I think it's up to the tours to regulate the behavior of their players.

I'd rather see the regulating of fans' behavior, with the "Get in the hole!" guys getting a big hook.

Offensive outbursts by players is actually a rare event and it is usually dealt with privately.

this ^^^^^^^^^^

Ehm, I'm pretty sure they get fined for outbursts like that. Depending on their choice of word of course, but still.

Back